Tapes or CD's that made for adults use only, has been very easy to watch for anyone on the internet. Without any restrictions internet porn has been a major topic in a major topic with teens in their homes. Internet porn has been untouched for years, until the president passed a Communications Decency Act in 2000. But it seems like it’s not really affecting anything because minors can still access free internet porn or nude pictures. The CDA makes it a crime to send of filthy videos over the internet, which can be viewed by minors. Pornography still is and will always be available over the internet, but since this law was passed a few years back things changed just a slight bit. The law makes it illegal to knowingly transmit obscene or nasty material to a minor. There is some protection for on line service providers such as America online, and prodigy whose systems are used for transmissions.
Cyber porn raised so many first amendment questions when the government tries to regulate who controls the flow of all that information. In my opinion the only reason pornography is on the internet is a big deal is because kids are now learning about sex at an early age. But in reality, these pornographic relation sites are only a very small fraction of the million sites out there on the World Wide Web. There has been a big discussion of suggestions a rating system. There has been a rating system for sex, violence, nudity and bad vocabulary that was successful with being on video games and movies. The Recreational Software Advisory Council found that thousands of websites and home screens could be rated and controlled. There wouldn’t be no problems with violating rights if this only leads to making sure that kids cannot have access...
... middle of paper ...
... a fact because when me and my friends first started browsing the web, we thought it would be cool to look up porn. And “bANGbROS’ came up as one of the TOP freed sites. From the articles I read didn’t say most of the pornographic pages I reached would say “click here if your over 21 “and at the bottom it says ‘ if your offended by this message or under age please click here “ and we used this to get access. I have to admit that that there’s some sites that lets you game access very easily and
those are the site that should be regulated.
Furthermore I feel like pornography does affect a teenager’s mindset because once they watch it once they got to watch it twice. And that causes them to have a whole new outlook to the world and relationships.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Whether pornography is an excuse to make acts of violence public. A big number of famous scholars, no matter men or women, have given their opinions. Each of them has their own view, but we can sort them into two groups, which are against to serious censorship and willing to convict and uproot pornography. Because of pornography, women’s status can never be equal to men’s. Recently, a revolution about the perception of moral values comes out in the world, which refers to how deep the changes of the method people think and act.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- Watching sexual activities through mass media is prevalent around the world. Due to the recent progress of science and technology, pornography has become a more commercialized activity and a source of prostitution. It is nonetheless certain that everybody does not consume pornography for the same purpose. Some practitioners and producers may consider it as a means of subsistence or a re-enforcement of sexual desire and arousal. Pornography is rejected by many religious organizations on a divine and societal moral basis.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
601 words (1.7 pages)
- Violent Video Games and their Relationship to Violent Acts It seems that in every facet of the media today, when it comes to teenagers and acts of extreme violence, people are quick to point the finger at violent video games. Several school shootings in the past were definitely used to target these types of games as the cause to violent youth. This response is usually not related to facts, but rather to emotions. People that blame violent video games for teenagers and their corrupted behaviors just want a simple answer to a complicated issue.... [tags: violence, teenagers, factos]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Pornography is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as printed or visual material containing sexual subjects or activity. Conversation about pornography use is often seen as taboo in today’s society, even though research has shown that “approximately 13% of the US population regularly views Internet pornography” (Twohig, Crosby & Cox 253). Many researchers in the past have focused on the amount and type of people that use pornography, and how often they view it. However, in my research, I wanted to examine something even more intriguing.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1401 words (4 pages)
- The history of pornography is as old as time. The word “pornography” derives from the Greek words for “sexual slave”, “harlot”, and “description of”. Originally, it was a mean for describing scenarios of sexual slavery or the purchase of sex from women, both of which involve an imbalance of power, mostly between men and women. (Carse) In the earlier times, pornography focused on standards of abuse and degradation rather than on the goal of eliciting pleasure from the viewer. Because of this, there was an early emphasis in the inequality of the sexes and the subordination of women depicted in pornography.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Since pornography is speech, it is protected by the First Amendment. One of the biggest obstacles the courts have is the struggle to find a middle ground between the opponents of obscenity and defenders of free speech. Since pornography is considered free speech, some view it as telling the hearers what women are worth, it ranks women as things, as objects or as prey. (http://lucian.uchicago.edu/workshops/wittgenstein/files/2008/01/langton- speechactsunspeakableacts.pdf) Others take it as a form of entertainment and escapism storytelling.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1745 words (5 pages)
- Steven Hirsch is still a handsome man at age 39; he has a golden tan, long brown hair, and a new black Ferrari. Steven founded Vivid Videos in 1984 when he was 23. Now president of the lucrative company, he discusses brand recognition and foreign licensing rights from his office nestled in the solid middle class community of Van Nuys, California. Steven sounds much like the young Hollywood movie executives not far from his inconspicuous studios ... until he starts listing some of his company's video credits: Ho-tel Pacifico, Lonestar Virgins #9, and Life on Beaver Ave.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- In recent years, the term pornography has been primarily associated with that which is accessed and streamed over the internet, rather than the literal definition of, “obscene writings, drawings, photographs, or the like, especially those having little or not artistic merit.” This form of visual pornography is a popular and successful business as it is viewed for fulfilling pent up sexual desires, however it promotes the act of having multiple sex partners without the need of any commitment. Although it is for this reason that this business is permitted, there are many overlooked, long – term affects that have become topics of controversy.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Suppose one accepts MacKinnon and Dworkin's suggested statutory definition of pornography. How does one who generally accepts MacKinnon and Dworkin's views on the pervasively harmful effect of pornography, and who accepts a need for legal redress of the harms perpetrated by pornography, deal with pornographic material. The ordinance proposed by MacKinnon and Dworkin would deal with such material by enacting legislation which gives people adversely affected by the works, which clearly fit their definition of pornography, a cause of action against the producers, vendors, exhibitors or distributors for "trafficking", or for an assault "directly caused by the specific work.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
3712 words (10.6 pages)
- Pornography is a large issue in the United States and is especially debated within the Constitutional right of freedom of speech. The current law on pornography in America is that anyone under the age of eighteen who accesses pornographic material is subject to persecution. There are many arguments on both sides of the debate, including: a modified age for legal pornography access. This argument emphasizes the fact that if we want to be a truly free country, there should be no limitations on what we watch.... [tags: Internet Pornography]
750 words (2.1 pages)