The purpose of this paper is to present a developmental profile of a 17 year old middle class white girl living in Brisbane, Australia. This person will be referred to as Jane. She is very slight in her build weighing 50kg and standing 170cm tall. Jane is currently studying a science degree at university, with the intention of studying medicine. She lives at home with her parents who have been happily marr...
... middle of paper ...
Papalia, D. E., Olds, S. W., & Feldman, R. D. (2010). Human development (4th ed.). NY: McGraw Hill.
Reiss, D. (1995, August 1). Implications for development. Journal of Marriage and Family, 57(3), 543-560.
Rogoff, B. (1991). Apprenticeship in thinking: Cognitive development in social context. NY: Oxford University Press.
Rosenthal, D. A., Gurney, R. M., & Moore, S. M. (1981). From trust on intimacy: A new inventory for examining Erikson’s stages of psychosocial development. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 10(6), 525-537.
Rutter Michael, & Rutter Marjorie. (1993). Developing minds: Challenge and continuity across the life span. NY: Basic Books.
Vygotsky, L. S. (1978). Mind in society. Cambridge: Harvard University Press.
Wertsch, J. V. (1985). Cultural, communication and cognition: Vygotskian perspectives. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Developmental Profile Developmental Profile for Adolescents Physical Characteristics 1. Concerning boys in this period, in general the penis and scrotum get much larger, hair appears in the axillae and in the pubic area, the voice begins to deepen, and the spurt of height and weight begins. This period, for girls, is a time of rounding out and completing major changes in the secondary sex characteristics. For example, most have begun menstruation and the weight and height gains have slowed down (Babcock, 1967).... [tags: Teaching Education]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- While completing a course on children with exceptionalities we used the textbook “Educating Exceptional Children”. While this textbook covered a variety of exceptionalities, I chose to research one further, Down syndrome. It is one of the most common and easily identified exceptionality and based on the higher prevalence of Down syndrome about 1 in 733 births ("About Down Syndrome") I believe that this may be one of the exceptionality I will have an increased chance of encountering during my teaching career.... [tags: Genetic Condition, Education, Development]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a complex developmental disorder that affects a person’s social interaction and communication. This disorder is mainly characterized by having difficulty with social interaction, communication, and having restricted behaviors. Difficulty with social interaction means someone will struggle to communicate their feelings/emotions, understand how others feel or think, develop peer relationships, and understand nonverbal behaviors (eye gaze, facial expressions, etc).... [tags: Diseases, Disorders]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- The key developmental characteristics of the kindergarten class which are in between the end of childhood and the beginning of middle age childhood, they differ in each developmental domain, below would explain clearly the developmental characteristics for physical, cognitive, language and social emotional development for kindergarten aged children . physical developmental milestones: • Hops on alternate legs • jumps over small objects • runs, jumps, around obstacles, • throwing, catching and become more refined with flexible upper body.... [tags: psychology, developmental science]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- When infants are born prematurely, many of them present developmental complications along with a variety of medical problems. Many of these infants also experience frequent hospitalization. One of the main causes of readmission is feeding difficulties, also known as dysphagia. Dysphagia is a condition in which swallowing is considered difficult or painful. This condition is commonly seen in premature infants because of their immature sucking and uncoordinated suck, swallow, and breathing patterns.... [tags: developmental complications, dysphagia, oral]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- ... One promising area of social cognitive development is achievement motivation. While research has been conducted on how human attributes can have consequences on motivation, cognition and behavior, little research has been used to understand how these beliefs and behaviors develop (Gunderson et. al., 2013). Children’s achievement in school depends a great deal on their motivation. The key to motivation in this area is the extent to which intelligence is viewed as static versus malleable (Dweck, 1999).... [tags: developmental and clinical psychology]
2394 words (6.8 pages)
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)