The history of physical therapy dates all the way back to around 460 B.C. when it was first proposed. The first physicians Hippocrates Galenus were the first practitioners of physical therapy, advocatin...
... middle of paper ...
...ote a healthy lifestyle. These settings are most likely fitness centers and or sports training facilities but there is any number of other places physical therapists can be found.
Injuries can be common while participating in organized sports, competitions, training exercises, or fitness activities says Darice Britt. “Poor training methods, inadequate warm-up, and lack of conditioning are a few of the causes of sports injuries.” (Britt) Although on the other hand, Apostolos Theophilou, DPT, clinical coordinator of the Physical Therapist Assisting program at South University says that Injuries can be caused by a combination of those things, not necessarily the only reasons. “Fatigue and overuse are also significant contributors to an injury, and not excluding also the psychosocial aspects and dehydration that cause athletes to be prone to injuries.” (Theophilou)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Physical Therapist Assistant is a job occupation that involves assisting a Physical Therapist who helps with the rehabilitation of individuals who have past injuries or are working towards strengthening what they are weak with. They help people get back to their normal self and ready to operate in society normally. The Physical Therapist Assistant mostly helps with the workouts and stretches that patients have to do. They help with impairments, disabilities, and their mobility(U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).... [tags: Multitasking, Job Description]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- When your friends are feeling upset, what do you do. Listen to them cry into your shoulder going on and on about an ex boyfriend or their family member. For as long as it might take for them to get over or solve the issue. Or do you just leave them alone and hope that they can do it on their own. If you picked the first choice, the caring friend, maybe the right employment choice would be a therapist. Therapists or counselors often gather information based on what a patient might tell them and simply give one choices on how to handle a situation in the most healthy way.... [tags: Master's degree, Academic degree, Doctorate]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- A Detailed Description of the Job/Position The job I plan on pursuing with kinesiology as my major is to become a physical therapist, which is also known as PT. Their main duty is helping patients rehabilitate with disabling injuries such as fractures, arthritis and low-back pain. Their duty is to help patients their relieve pain, increase mobility, and decrease long-term physical disabilities. Physical therapists focus on the evaluation of strength, balance, range of motion, co-ordination, endurance, and posture of each individual patient.... [tags: Healthcare]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- ... These tests include vertebral artery testing and cervical instability testing (Dutton, 2012). The vertebral artery test rules out any blood supply being cut off to the brain (Magee, 2008, p. 150). In terms of cervical instability testing, the transverse ligament and alar ligament tests should be done to avoid any bones in the cervical spine moving out of place to damage the spinal cord (Magee, 2008, p. 180). When these two red flags are tested and found to be negative, the rest of the exam can start.... [tags: injury, diagnosis, patients, observation]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Occupational therapy is projected to be one of the fastest growing jobs in the upcoming years. This job has the potential to be an exciting career for someone interested in a healthcare profession. One of the rewarding things about being an occupational therapist is the ability to help people reach their goals while earning a good salary and benefits. Occupational therapists help people across their lifespan by increasing their range of motion on their joints and helping people get back to their daily lives.... [tags: healthcare profession, occupational therapists]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction The medical field is expanding ever so rapidly in today’s society. In the field of Physical Therapy one needs to have the understanding of how the human body works and the injuries one body could sustain. I have chosen a career to help others to battle back from life-changing injuries or surgeries. I will take the first step of joining the medical field by obtaining a physical therapist associates degree. I will become a Physical Therapist Assistant. Career Description Physical Therapy Assistants work under the direction of a Physical Therapist.... [tags: Medical Field]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Job Analysis Prior to any job being created, an analysis must be conducted. Thus, the completion of this analysis will provide the employer and employees with the significant aspects that are attributed to the creation of the respective job. Some of the significant aspects that the analysis would include are, but not limited, the essential functions (tasks) of the job, to the tools and resources required to perform the job, and its working conditions. All in all, this job analysis’ goal is to elucidate the ideal candidate for the job from the employer’s perspective through the two criteria: job description and person (job) specification.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Job description]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- A Physical therapist is a person takes care of someone who is disabled or not all the way physically able to do everyday things such as walk, run, climb upstairs, lift even the smallest of things, or even feed themselves. Physical Therapists use a variation of different exercises and stretches to better the patient according to their complaints, medical history, and doctors’ notes, or orders. Physical Therapy is a medical practice focused on helping peoples muscles, joints, or nerves by doing exercises and stretches; almost every person in the world has had physical therapy before and most have it for a long period of time, which means by being a PT, a person gets to make new friends and me... [tags: muscles, joints, or nerves, patients]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Well, the career I have chosen is a Physical Trainer. I have always found these people to be really inspiring and have thought about hiring one myself or even going through the schooling and training to become one myself. They do so much for people like helping others to find happiness with themselves as well as help making the human race a little healthier. A physical trainer can help so many people today by evaluating their clients “level of fitness by physical capabilities and personal health goals”(Becoming a Physical Trainer: Job Description & Career Info).... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Personal trainer]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- Physical Therapy Physical therapists are members of a health care team, specially trained to improve movement and flinction, relieve pain, and expand movement potential. Through evaluation and individualized treatment programs, physical therapists can both treat existing problems and provide preventive health care for people with a variety of needs (Physical Therapy-Improving 1). Physical therapists are very knowledgeable and skillful concerning the human body. Physical therapy is a complex, but rewarding field to pursue as a career.... [tags: Physical Therapist Job Career Essays]
1418 words (4.1 pages)