... middle of paper ...
...010): 24-28. Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost. Web. 3 Dec 2010.
Ying, Liu, Lin Huanjian, Bai Yang, Qin Xiaoshu, Zheng Xin, Sun Yong, and Zhang Yali. 2008.
"Study on the Relationship Between Helicobacter pylori in the Dental Plaque and the
Occurrence of Dental Caries or Oral Hygiene Index." Helicobacter 13, no. 4: 256-260.
Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost (accessed October 26, 2010).
Young, Douglas A., Lucinda Lyon, and Shelly Azevedo. "The Role of Dental Hygiene in Caries
Management: A New Paradigm." Journal of Dental Hygiene 84, no. 3 (Summer2010
2010): 121-129. Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost (accessed October 26, 2010).
Zhang, Yu-qiang. "On People-Oriented Ideology in the Provisions on the Disclosure of
Government Information". Journal of US-China Public Administration 5.4 (2008): 51-54.
Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web. 3 Dec. 2010
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A clinician by profession (2010) and an idealist by nature I believe that life should be lived most effectively. According to me the most effective way to fulfil my personal goals is to take the knowledge I acquire through a Master’s degree in dental hygiene program, and use it in my arsenal to educate people in my community about oral health and its determinants. A career as a dental hygiene instructor for a basic preparation dental hygiene program is my opportunity to not only effectively utilize my leadership skills to facilitate a well coordinated learning milieu for dental hygiene students, but also to advocate various inter related dental hygiene roles such as that of a clinician and... [tags: Health Care]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Community Dental Campaign Introduction With dental caries on the rise, a tooth brushing demonstration was needed for preschoolers. The demonstration was given at Prince of Peace Preschool for three to five year olds. The demonstration involved singing the ABC song three times (which is the equivalent of two minutes) and getting all surfaces of the teeth. The demonstration also involved an oral pre and post test quizzing preschoolers’ knowledge of dental hygiene. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss were sent home with the children.... [tags: dental caries, tooth brushing, children]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- ... There will be an average of 340 job openings; 180 due to growth and 160 due to replacement of retirees, those who die, or those who leave the dental hygiene field (LARA). There are a couple of reasons that the dental hygiene field is growing so drastically which include: dental practices continue to expand which will require more dental hygienists, the baby-boom population is continuing to age and need oral health care treatments, and with the federal health legislation expanding the availability of health insurance, there will be more patients receiving dental checkups (BLS 2014-2015).... [tags: health care areers, oral health]
2924 words (8.4 pages)
- ... The students of 11 year and 12 years age group (95.91%) are washing their hand with soap and water before taking food as compared to other age group 10 year (87.09%). Whereas 12.91% of children in the age group of 10 year are washing their hand only with water before taking food (Table No. 13). Whereas study conducted in Ebril city shows that age have no effect on washing hand before and after meal(3). In our study, there is no association noted between gender and washing hand before taking meal (Table No.14).... [tags: handwashing, food, toilet]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- Introduction Oral hygiene practice is a boon to oral health and in order to preserve good oral health, good oral hygiene practice is a must. Poor oral hygiene leads to number of oral as well as other diseases. Among oral diseases dental caries and periodontal diseases are most common diseases which are highly preventable merely by good oral hygiene practice. X Dental caries is a destructive progressive disease of the tooth in which dissolution of tooth tissue occurs by the acids produced by the bacteria using dietary carbohydrates living in the plaque.1 Plaque was proved to be a major causative factor for dental caries when a study showed that caries does not develop when plaque is not pr... [tags: periodontal diseases, dental caries]
3240 words (9.3 pages)
- Three hundred and forty 5 year old children from 18 state primary schools in Lambeth were examined as part of the BASCD oral epidemiological programme in 2008. The collection of the data was undertaken between February and June 2008. The children were recruited from local state schools using a two stage stratified sampling strategy. The dental examination was undertaken by trained and calibrated examiners and recorded the children’s caries experience, oral hygiene levels and presence of acute infection.... [tags: Dental Study Results]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- Observation Report Astor services for children and families is a preschool located in Bronx, N.Y. The school is conveniently located for majority of parents because the 5 line subway train is close by along with few MTA busses. The center is closed on national holidays during the school year along with vacations during the months February, April, June and December. Astor follows the Board of Education schedule in terms of holiday closings. P.S.15 serves children who are emotionally disturbed from ages three to five years old.... [tags: preschool, education, schedule]
2268 words (6.5 pages)
- Imagine after years of being dead, a human body is found and all that is really left of them is their teeth. Why. It may be because of the way they took care of their teeth while they were alive and the precaution methods they were educated about. Educating people about oral health is really important because teeth are the strongest bone in our body and they even preserve the most after we pass away, this means it is an essential factor to knowing how to protect them from getting a disease and keeping them as long as possible.... [tags: dental/gum care]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Case 16 This case presents a very delicate situation that presents many legal and ethical questions. Do you tell your brother his partner has HIV. I would tell my brother, but the how and when, may vary based on circumstance. From a professional ethical standpoint, it would be unethical to disclose the patient’s HIV status without consent. It would violate the patient’s right to confidentiality, as it is the patient’s choice whom information may be shared with (Beemsterboer, 2010, p. 50). It could also be argued that it is a violation of the principle of nonmaleficence.... [tags: Dental Hygiene Ethics ]
1560 words (4.5 pages)
- Fluoridation: The Big Debate The issue of fluoridation has always raised big questions regarding its effectiveness, safety and usage. Some of the main pros and cons of fluoridation shall therefore be explored. Pros: Large Reach: All members of the community would have access to regular fluorides doses, regardless of income, education or dental access. It many be particularly beneficial to children, as studies have shown that they do not brush as regularly as they should. Therefore, the omission of this administration fluoride can be compensated through water fluoridation, which all children should and would drink.... [tags: Health, Dental Access]
1391 words (4 pages)