... middle of paper ...
...010): 24-28. Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost. Web. 3 Dec 2010.
Ying, Liu, Lin Huanjian, Bai Yang, Qin Xiaoshu, Zheng Xin, Sun Yong, and Zhang Yali. 2008.
"Study on the Relationship Between Helicobacter pylori in the Dental Plaque and the
Occurrence of Dental Caries or Oral Hygiene Index." Helicobacter 13, no. 4: 256-260.
Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost (accessed October 26, 2010).
Young, Douglas A., Lucinda Lyon, and Shelly Azevedo. "The Role of Dental Hygiene in Caries
Management: A New Paradigm." Journal of Dental Hygiene 84, no. 3 (Summer2010
2010): 121-129. Academic Search Complete, EBSCOhost (accessed October 26, 2010).
Zhang, Yu-qiang. "On People-Oriented Ideology in the Provisions on the Disclosure of
Government Information". Journal of US-China Public Administration 5.4 (2008): 51-54.
Academic Search Complete. EBSCO. Web. 3 Dec. 2010
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Vincent Tran Mr. Decker/Mr. Castanah AP Government 15 September 2017 Dental hygiene career research paper The field i'm going to be doing my research is in the medical field because it always peaked my interest and as a kid it's something I always wanted to pursue for my future careers. The three job titles I would like to pursue are dental hygienist, forensic scientist, and pharmacist. The first choice I chose was dental hygiene, at first I wanted to be a dentist but after knowing that I would have to undergo many years of education and training to become a dentist, I wanted to start off with something small at first that's when I came across dental hygiene.... [tags: Dental hygienist, Hygiene]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- In the Dental Hygiene field, many challenges come about every day and during different situations. Every day there are new challenges and unusual situations that occur in the dental field, but one challenge that continues to come about and has been a big dispute over the years is the ability to provide beneficial information about oral health care for the underprivileged. For the individuals that are not fortunate enough to pay to have services done in the dental office, lack the knowledge of how important good oral health care is.... [tags: Health care, Health, Dental hygienist, Hygiene]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- A clinician by profession (2010) and an idealist by nature I believe that life should be lived most effectively. According to me the most effective way to fulfil my personal goals is to take the knowledge I acquire through a Master’s degree in dental hygiene program, and use it in my arsenal to educate people in my community about oral health and its determinants. A career as a dental hygiene instructor for a basic preparation dental hygiene program is my opportunity to not only effectively utilize my leadership skills to facilitate a well coordinated learning milieu for dental hygiene students, but also to advocate various inter related dental hygiene roles such as that of a clinician and... [tags: Health Care]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Community Dental Campaign Introduction With dental caries on the rise, a tooth brushing demonstration was needed for preschoolers. The demonstration was given at Prince of Peace Preschool for three to five year olds. The demonstration involved singing the ABC song three times (which is the equivalent of two minutes) and getting all surfaces of the teeth. The demonstration also involved an oral pre and post test quizzing preschoolers’ knowledge of dental hygiene. Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss were sent home with the children.... [tags: dental caries, tooth brushing, children]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Dental Hygiene and an Inquiry into Teeth Whitening Part 1: Introduction There are several health care careers that caught my attention while searching for a desired career pathway. During my research, my cousin, who currently studies dental hygiene at Ferris, spent hours trying to convince me to become a dental hygienist. The thought of the working with kids who hate the dentist, or people that neglect their teeth didn’t interest me; however, after hours of research and job shadowing, there was a possibility that dental hygiene could be in my future.... [tags: health care areers, oral health]
2924 words (8.4 pages)
- ... The students of 11 year and 12 years age group (95.91%) are washing their hand with soap and water before taking food as compared to other age group 10 year (87.09%). Whereas 12.91% of children in the age group of 10 year are washing their hand only with water before taking food (Table No. 13). Whereas study conducted in Ebril city shows that age have no effect on washing hand before and after meal(3). In our study, there is no association noted between gender and washing hand before taking meal (Table No.14).... [tags: handwashing, food, toilet]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- It gives me a sense of pride to reflect back and write about my adventure, where working hard and staying focused has made me the person I am today. Until now I have seized every opportunity I could to increase my knowledge, think critically about my field, to be a better student, a responsible professional and a humble citizen. I entered dentistry when I was not really sure what I wanted to do in life. All that I was sure about was to be best in what I chose to do. Entering the dental school not only made my family proud of seeing their daughter be the first member in the extended family to be a healthcare professional but also put a big responsibility on my shoulder, which at first seemed... [tags: Dentistry, Oral and maxillofacial surgery]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction Oral hygiene practice is a boon to oral health and in order to preserve good oral health, good oral hygiene practice is a must. Poor oral hygiene leads to number of oral as well as other diseases. Among oral diseases dental caries and periodontal diseases are most common diseases which are highly preventable merely by good oral hygiene practice. X Dental caries is a destructive progressive disease of the tooth in which dissolution of tooth tissue occurs by the acids produced by the bacteria using dietary carbohydrates living in the plaque.1 Plaque was proved to be a major causative factor for dental caries when a study showed that caries does not develop when plaque is not pr... [tags: periodontal diseases, dental caries]
3240 words (9.3 pages)
- Dental hygienists encourage good dental hygiene. They help patients to have good dental hygiene by cleaning teeth, looking for signs of cavities and oral diseases. They then notify the dentist of any signs of diseases they may come across. They use technology on the daily for things such as keeping records, and taking x rays. Most dental hygienists jobs take place in dentists’ offices. Most work office hours which may even include evening and weekend hours. Most dental hygienists work a 40 hour week.... [tags: Dentistry, Dental hygienist, Hygiene]
717 words (2 pages)
- The career I have chosen for my future is to become a registered dental hygienist. It wasn’t until I actually learned what dental hygienists do that influenced my interest from medical to dentistry. The first honest reason I was gravitated to dental hygiene was because of the salary. I didn’t really know what Dental Hygienist actually did until I did some research. I promptly educated myself on dental hygiene and I feel there are a lot of advantages becoming a hygienist. One of the best features about a dental hygiene career is, you only need an associate's degree.... [tags: Dental hygienist, Hygiene, Periodontitis]
961 words (2.7 pages)