Elmasri and Navathe define a database as “a collection of related data, where data means recorded facts” (Elmasri & Navathe, 2016, p. 27). The main characteristics of databases covers many concepts. While a database shows the relationship between collections of files, they need database management systems to control the databases, views to provide specified access to users, foreign and primary keys that link data to each other, and cells, elements, tuples, attributes and relations, which all set up the structure, or schema, of how the data fits into a database (Harris, 2002). The DBMS, which is essential to using and controlling the data within the databases, also has multiple parts. Four major elements make up a DBMS, typically, the d...
... middle of paper ...
...er database end user software in which an employee or a website interacts with a customer, whether the employee or website is providing bank teller information, hotel or airline reservations, and so on, in which the software extracts information from the various databases such as bank account balances, hotel preference requests and vacancies, or airline seat availability. These sort of DBMSs are in the category known as online transaction processing and allow for large numbers of concurrent user transactions (Elmasri & Navathe, 2016). With the advent of social media and growing cloud storage, NOSQL databases were created to provide much larger storage but also items new to the database world, such as blog posts, videos and pictures(Elmasri & Navathe, 2016). The list of database purposes and the software created to interact with these databases is literally endless.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 DBA Roles: DBA plays important role in every organization, they are the core part of Technology Team, based on Organization DBA roles vary but majority of their role are very critical due to impact, Architect, Quality Analyst, System Analyst and Developers everyone has to work with DBA during different development life cycles. DBA skills are hard to find majority of organization prefer DBA which are certified, and certification for DBA are hard to achieve. Organization Expectation from DBA: - DBA should have good understanding of Database and its tools.... [tags: Database Administration Essays]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Information Technology Staff IT System and Database Administrators have the responsibility to: • Ensure all systems have been certified before placing them into production • This person is responsible for installing and maintaining the operating system and application software on a computer system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to controlling access to the system, maintaining the security of the system, and ensuring that the system is in compliance with all security guidelines established by the company • Certify that systems security requirements are being met.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
2001 words (5.7 pages)
- Databases and Communications Today, data is the most important of our life. Different companies handle a large number of data. The success of this or that business strongly depends on database arrangement and communication means, Database arrangement and communication are in the high demand among all organizations. The database and communication technologies are closely interrelated. The accessibility of database depends on used communication technologies. For instance, the employees may access the database not only from their workplaces but also from different places and use different communication technologies, including mobile phones, the internet mailing programs, e... [tags: Data management, Database, Media technology]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- 1. Dedicated file architecture- Privately designed files are allocated to each and every application. With the application the data structure is deeply embedded and the control of data files is with application. 2. Closed database architecture- Database management system has lot of advantages over file systems like security, view, recovery etc. but the separate databases are still designed for almost all applications. This is real with dedicated file architecture, which has high degree of data redundancy and poor administration.... [tags: Database, Database management system]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- 1 Project 1: 1.a RFC 4707: The Netnews Administration System: The Netnews Administration System is a platform which has been made for ease for administration and utilization of Netnews via online. Further the newsgroups data kept in the centralization boundary database in an environment of client-server protocol to be distributed. Moreover, the data can be accessed by news servers, news administrators, and the readers. However, three of them have different access, such as the server can perform configuration automatically, on the other hand Administrator can only obtain data manually.... [tags: administration, internet, gopher protocol]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Data Warehouse Computer has become one of great and comprehensive impact on human life in this days, and it is an important tool, the computer has become part of different areas of life . You find it at home, school, in the workplace, and in the markets, everywhere you go, and we know that the computer is only a machine, but with applications and matched by the latest raging terrible race caused by the information, and database technology revolution is only of the applications that were built on the basis of a computer.... [tags: Database management system, Database, SQL]
2103 words (6 pages)
- In recent years, America has accomplished astounding goals with the use of increasingly elite computer technology. We put Armstrong on the moon in July of 1969 (Zona, par. 3), and in 2004 we created a social networking site that became world-wide (“Facebook”, par. 1). There are those who suggest that America has become too dependent on technology, but these objectors have no alternative to offer. Indeed, what would it be. Even though it is true that a highly skilled hacker could conceivably cause the demise of our great country by delivering classified information to an enemy nation, state-of-the art computer technology is essential to our way of life and is here to stay.... [tags: Technology]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- ... It works by prompting a nurse who works at the point of care to scan the drug labels as well as the bar code on the patients’ identification bracelets to. This ensures right dosage is given timely and to the right patient. The system flags a nurse if there is an error (Dubin, 2010). The system allow encoding of knowledge that can helping the nurse to make decision on the patient's; condition, care and treatment options, recovery and wellness activities. The system creates a database that allows collaboration between doctor and nurse.... [tags: healthcare, database, management]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- What is a database management system. Discuss each of the five important software components of a database management system. Data Base Managements System (DBMS) is a computer software program installed on a system hard drive that catalog, retrieve, and run queries on data. It provides ways for data to be altered or removed by users or other programs. There are several different types of database management systems that exist that were created for the proper control of databases for specific purposes.... [tags: Technology, Computer Softwares, Data]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Few companies today are able to exist without an information technology department. Whether a large multinational conglomerate or a small retail establishment, nearly all companies rely on computers to some degree. Some companies are highly dependent on computer systems, while others use them only for accounting and related tasks. Every organization, even the smallest company, has at least one person whose job entails making sure that the computer system is up and running, or at least knowing who to call when the computer system goes down.... [tags: Jobs Careers]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- The Farmers And African Americans
- International Market Barriers And Global Marketers
- Entrepreneurship And Small Business Management Course
- Racism, Racial Profiling, And Discrimination On Behalf Of The Los Angeles Police Department
- Steve Jobs : The Most Admired Company
- Elements Of The Gothic Cathedral Floor Plans