Music and Exercise Intensity. Exercise is similar to working out/lifting in ways, but in other ways exercise is different. The difference in exercise is that there is no format on how to exercise, and it could be as simiple as going on a casual walk. In some instances exercise does have a regimen, or a layout of how to do something. Exercising is more about just getting out and doing something, and being active. There are, however, various statges of intensity when it comes to exericsing. When looking at an article from ACE fitness, which is a company with qualified health and fitness professionals and health coaches, there were many tests compiled up there were test done with the varible of music, and the intensity of each workout was different in its own manner too. Carl Foster, who has a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin in Exercise and Health promotion, says that, “Basically you get with the of the music. You want to step at the rate the music is playing or you want to pedal a cycle at the rate of t...
... middle of paper ...
...at music plays such a big part in a little subject like this, but obviously it does. The studies prove that music during workouts of strength training and exercises not involving stress training can help perform better with mood and overall performance. The major points in this paper should be helpful, because they are so broad that there is a lot to talk about in the studies that have been done by professionals, like Hayakawa and his bench stepping study. That information came from the volumes of Perceptual and Motor skills, which also had the study done by Macone on the 32 undergraduate students. There are many key points that can be taken out, like when Archibald says that music should only be played when the lift that is to be done needs only little technique involved (para. 6). Hopefully this paper informs enough on the effects and uses of music in kinesiology.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why You Should Not Train Everyday I admit that working out is good for you, weight training can benefit any individual because you can lose weight, build strength and tone or find a challenging workout just to keep you motivated. It is important to live a healthy, active lifestyle but overtraining is not the right way to do it. Going to the gym and working out every day is bad for you. Your body will feel like a complete mess and growing up it will only get worse without any rest days. If you lift too much weights, there is a higher risk of injury and your body will be very sore, let alone lifting every day.... [tags: fatigue, lose weight, tone]
621 words (1.8 pages)
- In film music, composers use compositional techniques to control, manipulate and alter the objectives and foundation of a story, improving the development of characters, emotions or initiating subtext in film. The job of creating music for film has taken different forms, but as film production and technology changes and improves, the process of scoring music for films has been taken to a high standard of work, involving a strenuous and careful process to provide the film 's objectives to reach their potential.... [tags: Film score, Film, Soundtrack, Hans Zimmer]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- Creating Connections With Music Music is more than beautiful words put together. I have always found a strong connection to the lyrics of a song. Listening to music that I can relate to allows me to de-stress myself, concentrate, and gives me motivation. We’ve all had a heartbreak which resulted to having a playlist made of pop artist Adele. Music can help us cope with the struggles we face in life. I’ve always been a believer that the last song you hear on your way to work/ school will determine your mood for the day.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Debut albums]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- I propose that all unsigned rising artist should target the business side of the music industry to be successful in the entertainment business because it allows the artist to be taken seriously and make solid connections that can further his/her career. Learning the works of the music industry also enables a new artist to be further successful and profitable. Recent studies show that most new artists without professional representation and a business mindset have a slimmer chance in getting signed to major or independent labels (Lowry, 2011).... [tags: Music]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- The art of music can be described as a medium that can both physically and emotionally move people. All artists strive to be creative and stand out from the crowd; but when the majority of pop music is composed of four chords, where is the originality. G-E(minor)-C-D and A(minor)-C-D-F are the most common chord progressions and the only factors that change between the thousands of songs that use these progressions are the strumming pattern and the lyrics. However, the skills of the lyricist and composer who successfully produced these songs take a backseat to the singer.... [tags: creativity and the internet]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- Creating a Music Questionnaire The Task: Â· My task is to research into the music industry and then create a questionnaire to find out what type of music people listen to. I will then need to record the results and create some sort of interpretations of the data to see if the results match my hypothesis. Hypothesis: 1. Most People in year 11 listen to drum and bass. 2. Year 11 spend more money on music than year 7. 3. New Metal/ Grunge music is the most unpopular genre of music in school.... [tags: Papers]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Creating a Music Video In AS level production our chosen brief was to construct an opening sequence to a film based on the thriller genre that was no longer than 2 minutes long. This already differs to the brief chosen in A level as I chose to produce a music video based on the genre of my choice. A music video differs greatly to a film as I am concentrating on a completely different text within media. Different acknowledgement had to be considered when filming as a video uses different codes and conventions to a film.... [tags: Papers]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Creating an Interactive Web Site with CGI Introduction The Internet explosion of the 1990’s has been one of the most revolutionizing business factors of the decade. The Internet allows individuals and businesses to reach each other more effectively at an increasingly lower cost. However, the most effective method of interaction is two-way interaction. This applies whether the interaction is between two people, a person and a business or two businesses. Basic HTML web pages allow for easy one way interaction.... [tags: HTML Web Page Creating Papers]
1977 words (5.6 pages)
- A Basketball Workout This is only a list of exercises Warm-up 1) Suggest that you do some light running and stretching. 2) Do some short range shooting for a couple of minutes and concentrate on "form" shooting concentrating on proper shooting mechanics. Dribbling -- Select a different drill each workout. 1) "Chill" drill --3 right side / 3 left side 2) "Coach Foster" full court dribble series: a) Do each with right then left hand -- one trip up and down the court for each move.... [tags: Papers]
349 words (1 pages)
- Creatine Monohydrate Creatine monohydrate is a body building supplement. Many athletes and trainers use it to enhance athletic performance. College athletics are an advocate for creatine when it comes to exercising and strength conditioning, But what is creatine. Creatine is a naturally occurring metabolite found in red muscle tissue. It is a powerful ergogenic aid that plays an important role in energizing muscle. Creatine increases the body's ability to do work. It is high powered and generates the muscles ultimate energy source - ATP (adenosine triphosphate)- ATP produces the contractions of a muscle's proteins.... [tags: Supplements Chemistry Creatine Essays]
1300 words (3.7 pages)