I do not know much what an input device is even I have been using computer for many years. I thought that an input device is just a component inside the computer. I also did not know the role of input device play. I am among those people who do not care much about the component inside the computer. Now as I reflect, seems like I have ignored the importance of an input device.
What is input?
Input is really important for the computer. Through this device, users are allows to enter data or instructions into a computer. It changed something on the screen through the response. There are many kinds of input device for users to select depending on their application to get the result they want. There are many input technologies, for example, keyboard, pointing device, trackball, touch screen, touchpads and audio input. These devices can help users to connect with computer system directly.
Keyboard is a one important input device. It is rectangular size. It also contains many keys including numeric keypad, letter of alphabet, punctuation marks and others. Without using this input device, user cannot type text and number into a computer easily. This is only for general keyboard. There are also many kind of keyboard for their function. Gaming keyboard is special design for the person who likes to play games or game maker. The gaming keyboard has its own special programmable keys. Nowadays, world is being more advanced. They also design ergonomic keyboard. This design is special for the employees who always sitting in front of the computer. This design can prevent muscle pain which can lead to long-term disability. It is really comfortable. In addition, keyboard also can be found in laptop. It is different from the d...
... middle of paper ...
...of input device. As I read and reflect on the vast and varieties of input devices, I now realised its importance of mankind as it brings enormous advantages to us. As a conclusion, input device is a part of computer hardware. It allows users to enter and give instruction to be able in process into the computer system. An input device has improved so much with time. It is substantial to say that people of this generation cannot live without those input device. Input device have not only made our life easier but it also helps in easing our financial and time. For example, the innovation of recent popular application, Wechat. This application is designed for those who are illiterate. People can just touch the ‘hold to talk’ button and says the word out. Then, release the button, the device will record down your voice and sent it out. This will be much easier for them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Input Devices An input device is a device that provide the computer input, for example a keyboard, without the keyboard you would not be able to type words or use the different shortcuts a keyboard provides and without a mouse you would not be able to click on anything to get you anywhere, so a computer without input devices would be mostly useless. There are many input devices to use, there is, microphones, scanners, webcams, etc. all these devices send information to the computer, categorizing them as input devices.... [tags: keyboard, mouse, smartboard]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction In this high-technology generation, information technology (IT) had become very important for every human being in this world. As information technology and information systems is very important to business too, so we have to learn IT. But, to become IT genius, we have to know how to access IT with the help of computer. After this lecture, I learn that computer is not that simple as I thought. I also learn different types of computer’s component which very important to access computer.... [tags: electronic device technology]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- An input device is any device that is connected to a computer and transfers information to react or appear on the monitor screen. Code is translated from the device to the machine. For example, a keyboard connected to a computer through a USB cord will tell the computer what letters or characters should appear on the screen. Some example of input and output devices on a computer are printers, mouse, camera, external drives, internet, microphone, and audio speakers. Storage is where information and documents are stored (computer technology, n.d.).... [tags: Computer, Integrated circuit, Input device]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- In today’s modern world computers are playing a bigger part in daily life. With this ever-increasing part computers play in our lives interacting with them is becoming more important than ever. If a computer is not told what to do it is merely a box that takes up space. This input can come from many different sources. These sources can control various functions of electronics. Input devices are hardware that sends data to the computer or other electrical device. These devices can range from a button on a keyboard to a digital camera.... [tags: GUI, keyboard, microphone]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Input Devices Input devices are used all around the world on a daily basis and affect our lives more than many people realize. They are classified as any machine that is used to enter data into a computer. One of the most common types of input devices was used to type this paper, a keyboard. There is so much more to this common device then you notice at first glance. Another input device that consumes much of our world is the modern day smartphone. There are very few people around that do not have access to this high tech device.... [tags: keyboard, smartphone, bluetooth]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- Input Devices Any input device is any hardware device that sends data to the computer. Without any input devices, a computer would only be a display device and not allow users to interact with it. (Input Device). A couple examples are barcode reader, scanner, keyboard, and even a finger if you’re using it for a touchscreen. Drives such as CD-ROM, DVD, and a floppy disk may be capable of sending the computer information, but they are not input devices. These are considered storage devices. Any information or data that’s entered or sent to the computer to be processed is considered input and anything that is displayed from the computer is output (Input Device).... [tags: storage, keyboard, smartphone]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Devices of Computers Computers perform the input, storage, processing, and output functions of the information system. In addition, computers and their devices need ways to communicate with one another. These devices are usually connected by electronic cables when located near each other. The factors that determine the reliability of an information system are the accuracy of data input, the convenience and quality of output, optimal use of storage devices, and the speed of a computer. Accuracy of data input is important, and computers ensure that the results are correct by not making mistakes that people do.... [tags: Computer Technology]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Abstract — There are a number of people in the world who suffer from disabilities which prevent them from being able to use traditional means to control a computer. For these people, alternate forms of input are required. One potential input device is an Electroencephalography machine which can be used to detect patterns of brain activity and use these patterns to trigger events on a computer such as mouse clicks or keyboard presses. This allows those without the use of their hands to be able to control a computer without invasive surgery.... [tags: Computer Technology]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Output, input, Storage and Speed of the Computer Printed questionnaires Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) would be the best choice. Its the ICR technology that allows data capture software to automatically to, read information from all types of documents - even handwritten ones. Telephone survey-voice recognition is best because a voice input device can be programmed to distinguish answers spoken into the receiver allowing it to all be completed by computers. Bank checks- scanning devices that recognizes bar codes are called MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) a magnetic scanning input device.... [tags: Technology Computer]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Input Devices Barcodes are different groups of vertical bars that can be read by an optical scanner. Barcodes are printed on nearly every product that you can buy. Shops use them because they are cheap to produce and very durable. No At present, a barcode reader is not one of John Browns requirements. Maybe at a later stage he may decide to purchase one to make it easier to enter product information onto the computer. Keyboard They are the most popular input peripheral. Most computer systems come with one.... [tags: Papers]
363 words (1 pages)