The structure of the company is illustrated in the figure below:
Source: Official website of BLD Plantation Website
Figure 1 The Structure of the Company
The following table shows the details of the subsidiaries:
Subsidiary Company Profile
Bintulu Lumber Development Sdn. Bhd. Incorporation date: 20 October 1975
Principal activities: Oil palm plantation, processing of fresh fruit bunches, sales of related products
Ancillary activities: cattle and boer goat rearing
Kirana Palm Oil Refinery Sdn. Bhd. Incorporation date: 17 August 1995
Principal activities: palm oil refinery and kernel crushing
It has palm oil refinery and kernel crushing plant at Tanjung Kidurong Industral Estate in Bintulu, Sarawak’s northern region. The plants were commissioned in April 2008 and are located closed to deep-sea Bintulu Port. The related products are for both and overseas markets.
Grand Mutual Sdn. Bhd. Incorporation date: 5th January 1996
Principal activities: Operating oil palm estates
Ancillary activities: Operating stone quarry for domestic consumption
Niamas Istimewa Sdn. Bhd. Incorporation date: 29th September 2000
Principal activities: Oil palm plantatio...
... middle of paper ...
...products and services while their mission is to sustain growth through efficient services and prudent cost competitive application of resources exceeding the expectation of their customers and shareholder .
Company’s directors and management
The company had five directors, which are 3 non-executive directors and 2 executive directors. Out of these 3 non-executive directors, there are 2 independent non-executive directors. The company’s executive chairman is Dato Henry Lau Lee Kong. The secretary to the board is Alvin Lau Lee Jen. BLD Plantation Bhd’s management team consists of 5 departments. They are head office, operations, milling, plantation and refining & crushing. In total, as at 30th June 2009, it had 2,687 workers, which consists of 1,040 of Malaysian.
Source: Official website of BLD Plantation Website
Table 3 Summary of Work Force as at 30th June 2009
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- Background information of the company The company is an innovative internet based company that offers different services in the information and technology industry. What it concentrates more is on research to observe and provide consumer reports on how customers react to new technology. The company started in the year 2006, under the management of sir max cliff. At the time of the start, the company used to make gross revenue of $10 million dollar per annum. The staffs working at the firm during its birth were ten excluding the companies CEO.... [tags: innovative internet based company]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- BACKGROUND The company is a clinical simulation training facility specializing in hands-on training for healthcare practitioners. Realizing the necessity to help the healthcare industry and seeing the trend of hospitals aiming to become internationally accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI), its goal is to help close the gap from academe to industry by training healthcare professionals in up-to-date international standards as well as providing healthcare practitioners a venue to hone their skills and competency development.... [tags: healthcare, development, tuition]
1591 words (4.5 pages)
- Social media nowadays are bombarding people’s lives whether it is Facebook, MySpace, Friendster, LinkedIn, Orkut, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Groupon, and many more. Social media has changed how people interact with each other and how they express themselves on the Internet. Facebook, for example, has really altered people’s perception of themselves. We hypothesize that this altered perception in turn influences their behavior on product choices and involvement with particular groups. Facebook Background As of now, Facebook is the most trafficked social media site with over 600 million users in the United States and countries worldwide.... [tags: Social Networking, Social Network]
1595 words (4.6 pages)
- Zoetis is the number one animal pharmaceutical company worldwide. It used to be a part of the parent company Pfizer pharmaceuticals but it became its own company in 2013(Zoetis,2013). The company is a publically traded company that has a sole focus on animal health and customer service. Most sales for Zoetis are done through livestock medicines but the companion animal department is catching up quickly. Zoetis prides itself on being the most loved by their customers (Zoetis, 2013). Zoetis is a growing company that has sixty years of work behind it (Zoetis, 2014).... [tags: Animal Pharmaceutics, Worldwide Company]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- 1. Industry History & Current Overview Since the invention of the Ford’s Model T, the modern automobile industry has been manufacturing affordable automobiles for everyone in the U.S. The age of design of cars boomed as people started to demand more customization of their cars (Model T only came black). This began the shift from manufacturing-driven automobile to a more design-driven automobile. The Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) emerged in the 1990s based on the negative image of the minivan, which was developed throughout the 1980s on a bland and purely functional platform.... [tags: essays research papers]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- FedEx is a leading global provider of transportation, e-commerce and supply chain management services. FedEx companies offer following services: worldwide express delivery, ground small-package delivery, less-then-truckload freight delivery, global logistics and customs brokerage. Other services include trade facilitation and electronic commerce solutions. All of the above services are provided through a portfolio of operating companies: Federal Express Corporation (world largest express transportation company), FedEx Ground Package System, Inc.... [tags: Business Case Studies]
742 words (2.1 pages)