Type of Offer: Best-Shot, Competitive, or Lowball
Arlan has two well-qualified candidates to choice from. His first choice Jane Roberts, has an ideal amount of supervisory experience, but is weaker in customer service and is opposed to working on Saturday and Sundays, a necessity for Arlan’s managers. Jane is also closer in salary and benefits to Arlan’s current managers. The second choice, Betts Cook, is superior in customer service skills and more agreeable to work the weekends, but Arlan has reservations over her lack of supervisory experience. Betts is also closer to the top of Arlan’s salary range for managers and has better benefits than he offers. Arlan must take into consideration the costs to the employee in accepting an offer with 3Cs (Heneman, Judge, & Kammeryer-Mueller, 2012). Arlan needs to determine the extent he is willing to negotiate, what components of compensation he will use in negotiating, and the job offer tactic he plans to use in extending an offer to his top candidate.
Arlan is faced with a tough position. While it might be attractive to extend a l...
... middle of paper ...
...ation to Jane. In providing a fair and competitive offer, Arlan increases his chances at creating a positive hiring experience and setting a favorable tone for the work relationship.
Heathfield, S. M. (2014). Advantages and disadvantages of flexible work schedules? Retrieved from http://humanresources.about.com/od/employeebenefits/f/flex_schedules.htm
Heneman, H. G., Judge, T. A., & Kammeyer-Mueller, J. D. (2012). Staffing Organizations (7th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Monster. (2014). Closing the deal: Making an offer they can’t refuse. Retrieved from http://hiring.monster.com/hr/hr-best-practices/recruiting-hiring-advice/managing-hiring-costs/making-job-offer.aspx
Ryan, L. (2013). Responding to a lowball salary offer. Retrieved from http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130619143057-52594-responding-to-a-lowball-job-offer
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- People say that English is the universal language, I say it’s the money and regardless of where you live, what you do or what language you speak, everyone needs it and everyone seems to be yearning for more and more. Now many may say that money cannot buy happiness, well I agree, money can certainly not buy happiness but it can definitely buy some stuff that will make you a lot more happier (no pun intended) . No matter how much money you have, you will always want more of it. Most of us often find ourselves lingering on the question – “How can I make more money?” Today we will be discussing some good old ways of making money, read it if you are also stuck on this question and don’t be shy... [tags: career choices and opportunities]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Keeping a car clean and washing it on a regular basis is important, but to keep a car looking show case nice, you need to wax and polish it every few months. Sure everyone can have a clean car, but what really makes it stand out will be the shine it will have after a good touch up and giving it that new-car look back to it. There is a saying that goes like this “a car is only as clean as the owner”, so why not make a good first impression pulling up to a scene and showing off that hard earned money invested into a luxury ride.... [tags: wax, polish, clean car]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- We recommend that you wax your car every two or three months, which will help you keep your car in good condition and still be protected from environmental elements (rain, sun, dust, etc.) However, we must remember that the new "Performance Finish "wax protects up to six months, which can lengthen the time between waxing. How often should I polish my car. 3M recommends make polishing your car once a year. Normally, auto paint gradually deteriorates and begins to look more opaque over time, could be minor scratches, washing the product and the common use of the car.... [tags: wax, car wash, polishing, wheel cleaner]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- Answer 1- ILAC (Offer and Acceptance) Issues(s): Is there a valid and legally binding contract between David Driver and Woolly World Ltd.. Law: Contract Law – offer and acceptance To create a binding contract, the offeror should make an offer including all the terms of offer and the second party; the offeree should accept the contract along with the terms and conditions of the contract. The intention to treat is a statement or an action that encourages or entices others to consider the offer.... [tags: Contract, Offer and acceptance]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- The average household uses around 350 gallons of clean water daily, so imagine our lives without clean water available whenever we needed it. Currently, water is plentiful and we don’t give a second thought to how often we actually use it in our day to day lives. Every day we use water for cooking, cleaning, bathing, irrigating and other common jobs. If water for some reason became scarce in today’s society, the effects could be fatal. There would soon be a costly price put on the ability to enjoy clean, fresh water.... [tags: Clean Water, ]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- Introduction: Law has been defined as a system of rule, it needs to be forced by social organizations in order to discipline people in general. This assignment is going to discuss whether both of parties has inappropriate behavior which result in loss of the benefits of each other. The knowledge related to this assignment will be through in relation to contract formation, offer and termination of an offer and acceptance in particular. Those series of law problems would be solved clearly and some similar case studies would be cited during the explanation.... [tags: Contract, Offer and acceptance]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- In December of 2010, the world’s first, entirely electric vehicle was introduced to the car industry and Nissan was responsible for launching this innovative car known as the Nissan Leaf (“Nissan Product Information”). According to business reporter Michael Strong, Nissan Motor Company’s CEO Carlos Ghosn previously set a goal of selling 1.5 million electric vehicles by the year 2016. However, in 2013, Ghosn announced that it is very likely that Nissan will not reach this goal. He believes this may be achieved four or five years later than expected.... [tags: swot analysis, car industry]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Natalle Chan (20621216) Dr. Boba Samuels ENGL 109 Wednesday, March 9, 2016 (Title) Often the only time many families will rent a car is for travelling purposes. Even those who own expensive cars may find that renting a car is a better option for them. There are several reasons people rent a car for example, when going on a vacation, people prefer renting a car so they do not have to rely on public transportation. As well, for special occasions such as reunions, high school graduations, and anniversaries it is nice to rent a luxurious car or limo.... [tags: Car rental companies, Car rental]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- How to Change Oil in a Car Owning a car is usually a significant investment for an individual. Changing the oil on your car plays an important part to help keep it functioning at peak performance and to ensure that your vehicle last for many miles. You might wonder how often does the oil need changing. Well, manufactures advise that the oil is changed every 3,000 miles or every three months, whichever occurs first. Changing the oil is not an extremely difficult task, but it is always good to have someone else there, who has done this before, to help if needed.... [tags: Car Driving Changing Oil Process Essays]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- A Clean Well-Lighted Place Today in class we talked about plot in relation to "A & P" by John Updike. I had always thought of plot as just being the sequence of events, but after our reading assignment I realize that there is much more to it. I’d never thought of looking for plot in things like patterns. My reaction to "A & P" is mixed because I disagree with the main character being a hero (as Updike intended). While reading the story I thought that the girls who came into the store were merely looking for attention.... [tags: A Clean Well-Lighted Place Essays]
7904 words (22.6 pages)