A branch that deals directly with the application of physical science is chemical engineering. The goal in this profession is to convert raw materials or chemicals into a more useful form for society. Sample workings of chemical engineers consist of nanotechnology and fuel cells. Production at a large scale is made possible by these specific engineers since they design, maintain, and improve the process. With chemical engineers reorganizing the structure of molecules, they design chemical processes that can alter raw materials. Paper mills, manufacturers of fertilizers, and tons of other kinds of firms will be looking for their expertise. Chemical engineers have been creating their own innovation using their knowledge of chemistry, physics and mathematics to create, carry out, and mass produce their ideas (Bureau of Labor Statistics). Chemical engineers increase our nation's economic status by coming up with new ideas in ...
... middle of paper ...
...fession in the private sectors. A cup can be either half full or half empty depending on the attitude of the viewer. In the thoughts of an engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be. By mixing scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge, we develop all the many branches of engineering. A career in the department of engineering consists of practicing the scientific principles in order to meet social and consumer needs. This profession will continue to grow and develop along with society.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition, Engineers, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos027.htm (visited July 25, 2011).
"What is Mechanical Engineering?." me.columbia.edu. Columbia University, n.d. Web. 25 Jul 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The person that I profiled for this paper is also my mentor now. His name is Keith Salters. He works at Rowan Cabarrus Community College in the Information System Analyst. Keith is the lead technician, which means he is supervisor in this department. He has worked his way up when joining the RCCC team 5 years ago. Keith is responsible for many thing while being the supervisor combining with his daily routine. Keith has to make sure that everything is up and running, check to see if there are any troubleshooting issues or hardware issues.... [tags: Electrical engineering, Electronic engineering]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- PACE represented at Amazon For our business profile project, we focused on Amazon. Amazon.com Inc. was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994. Amazon was first started in Bezos ' garage and has turned into a billion dollar operation over the course of 22 years (Smith). Amazon is currently headquartered in Seattle, Washington and has branch locations all over the world. Amazon is most known for their kindle, fast shipping, and selling various products (Smith). With Amazon being such a large corporation professionalism, academics, character, and engagement are crucial parts of the success of the company.... [tags: Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, E-book, Employment]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- The top 5 careers that appeared on my profile for me included: bailiff, border patrol agent, counseling psychologist, detective, and criminalist. The other 12 careers that contained 3 of my assets seemed to also include pre-law studies and jobs that work with kids and families such as a counselor and psychologist. Since I was an SAE – social, artistic, and entrepreneur, I received a lot of jobs that would allow me to work with others, create, and have room to grow and do what I need to do while having a structural plan of what needs to be done and when.... [tags: Psychology, Anxiety, Thought, Mind]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- I have been waiting for my senior year, for all my high school career, and finally it is here and will be over before I know it. Then I will be going to college to pursue my job career. Right now, I am looking in to two jobs that I want to go into. My first choice is Civil Engineering, I like the thought of going into this type of job, because it involves hands on activities, also you get to work at the job site, or manage some of the biggest man made creations that a lot of the population will be using to the end of time.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- This adage resonates with my belief in always trying to be singular in identifying and pursuing my endeavor, I have accorded equal attention to the journey towards the goals and the eventual destination. I believe it is vital to enjoy the journey just as much as it is imperative to focus on the destination. As a so called “Y generation” kid I was initially confined with my thought of technology around only computers- nothing beats the feeling of turning on a brand new computer- be it a laptop or desktop.... [tags: curiousity, experience, academics]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Civil Engineering- Job Responsibilities, Sub-Disciplines & Skills Know All About Civil Engineering A civil engineer is a person, who contributes to the nation's infrastructural development. He has the qualifications, knowledge and skills to make our surroundings look better. These are the people, who with their creativity and understanding of engineering techniques, can go on to create greatest landmarks. This profession that deals with the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings.... [tags: bridges, canals, dams, and buildings]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- What does it take to become a “world-class” engineer. Does one have to know everything about the specific type of engineering. The answer to this question is no. Being a “world-class” engineer is so much more than just knowing all about engineering. To be a “world-class” engineer you need to have a solid foundation of the goals one sets for themselves to be successful, community building, academic development, and even a personal development. At the beginning of the year I decided that I wanted to be a Biomedical Engineer because it combines three fields that I have a passion for: Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science.... [tags: Engineering, Electrical engineering]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- 1. Organization Profile Kleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world 's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges. Kleinfelder is leading design firm with complementary engineering and environmental capabilities. Kleinfelder was founded in 1961 by James H. Kleinfelder in Stockton (left), California primarily as a geotechnical firm. One of his goals was to build a company that would last and thrive long past his time as its leader.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- In reference to a different major, Hansberry et al., 2011, examined the learning styles and personalities of biomedical engineering students at Drexel University, United States of America, to obtain the level of diversity in the group. The study aimed to use the data to provide a diverse set of instructional methods to students. The study used the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to assess the student’s preference for sensing/intuition, thinking/feeling, extraversion/introversion and judging/perceiving.... [tags: Personality psychology]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- My application for a Master of Science in Computer Science at your esteemed university is a step towards attaining my goal to build a successful career in the I.T. industry by pursuing a master’s degree in computer science which will greatly help me to enhance my existing knowledge about computers and also to develop my overall personality with the must-haves of an I.T. professional. The fascinating world of computers was first introduced to me at the tender age of 10 years, in my fourth grade. We had a practical lab session every week in school in which we were taught about the basic peripherals and working of the computer.... [tags: career choices]
879 words (2.5 pages)