In order to be a secondary social studies teacher there are a few requirements that need to be met. It varies according to state but all teachers need a bachelor’s degree. Also to be a teacher I need to complete a four year college with a major in social studies. A completed and approved teacher education program with written a number of subject and education credits and a supervised practiced teaching is required too. My high school GPA in high school needs to be at least a 3.5.
I’m taken classes now that fit this career. Teacher Academy is one of them because it deals with information to be a successful teacher and AP European History which is a higher level of history which is what I want to major in. The only extra curricular activity I’m involved with is my church youth group. I thoroughly enjoy going to this every Wednesday and Sunday. There are several types of volunteer work that I’m doing including Circle of Friends here at the High School, helping out with elementary activities and my church with the younger kids. ...
... middle of paper ...
...for the rest of their life so if I mess up it could harm their future.
My first career choice is a secondary social studies teacher. I’m passionate about helping people and about history and therefore I feel this career would best fit me. The salary isn’t bad and I know my job is always going to be needed because each day is apart of history. Although there are some negatives of this career the positives take those away. However if I fail to pursue this career for some reason I will resort to being a preschool/kindergarten teacher. New generations are born each day and most children will be put into early schooling even if they don’t make it through to graduation. It will still include helping others too which is a big plus. Either way I will be happy with the career because it involves children, helping others, and making a difference in someone’s life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In my current post, I am responsible for delivering high impact and quality Art lessons across the full secondary age range and Technology lessons to our Year 7 students. I am also a dedicated form teacher to a vertical tutor group and I play an active part in supporting my house team in a range of initiatives and activities. I currently hold a TLR as a Personal Wellbeing and Healthy Schools Co-Ordinator with the responsibility for supporting and managing three teams of staff to plan and deliver effective PSHCCE sessions, whilst also maintaining our Healthy Schools Status that we achieved over five years ago.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Key Stage]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- “Teaching is often a difficult process, but the end result is very rewarding. Watching a child develop confidence and seeing a student progress in their studies is a very exciting process. Teaching young children is especially great because it is setting a foundation for life-long learning.”(Chronicle guidance publications). What is teaching. A teacher is a person who provides education for pupils (children), or students (adults) using lectures, audiovisual aids, demonstrations, and computers to present academic, social, and motor skills.... [tags: education, college, learn]
1463 words (4.2 pages)
- Journalism is type of writing that investigates and includes lots of research of good and bad stories and some events. Journalists tend to write news stories that people should know about and haven’t already heard. Journalism comes in different categories; some are reporters, writers, editors, and photographers. People who tend to like journalism are those who love language and enjoying writing and reading, are called journalist; they work as reporters at newspapers, magazines, websites, TV stations, and radio stations.... [tags: Career Essays]
1397 words (4 pages)
- I would like to be a teacher. I love kids and I love making them feel better. Teaching has always been something I wanted to do. Kids are just so fun to be around, yes they will have those days where they are bad, but there will be good days that the kids can be so sweet and just make your day a whole lot better, and make you laugh and smile. That’s why I want to be a teacher. Not only because I love being around kids, I just love helping people understand things a whole lot better about their education and their life plan.... [tags: pre-school teacher, gender]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- I had the opportunity to interview both my building principal and an experienced teacher who I consider a mentor. I feel very fortunate to have two very strong, hardworking, and intelligent women to look up to in a career that I love. When speaking with both of these people, I found that they had very similar ideals when it came to classroom rules, goals, and creating a welcoming learning environment. Gathercoal (2004) tells us, “Bringing about a feeling of community in a classroom begins with an educator’s belief that all students are capable of proper social interaction” (p.... [tags: Education, High school, Welcome, Teacher]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Eder, D. (1981). Ability grouping as a self-fulfilling prophecy: A micro-analysis of teacher-student interaction. Sociology of Education, 151-162. Eder did a social analysis of ability grouping and how it affects a child 's social interactions. The author looked at many of the psychological studies including this topic and found that students become goal oriented when placed in a group of peers similar to their ability. The article also concludes that this grouping has a positive effect on social interactions overall.... [tags: High school, Education, Secondary school, Tracking]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- A Future Career in Behavioral Analysis In 2013, approximately 1,163,146 violent crimes occurred nationwide (“Violent Crime”). Violent crime is prominent in all corners of the world: terrorist cells, serial murders/rapes, child abductions, etc. No one is spared—all races, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, and age ranges are affected by crime, though the degree of which may differ. These crimes are intimate to both the criminal committing them and the victims affected by said crimes. A behavioral analyst, or a profiler, gives insight into these heinous crimes and allows law enforcement to become one step closer to catching the suspect.... [tags: Crime, Offender profiling, Police]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- Introduction - Woman behind the Theory Life, Education, and Career of Montessori The only child of Alsessandro Montessori and Renilde Stoppani, Maria Montessori was born on August 31, 1870 in Chiaravalle, Italy (Gutek, 2004). During the time Montessori was born, Italy was going through major changes. Italy had just completed unification in which they became modernized as a force of nationalism and liberalism (Gutek, 2004). Yet Italy still had remnants of conservatism and traditionalism. Social and gender roles were eventually inherited across time and generations (Gutek, 2004).... [tags: gender roles, self-worth, independence]
2270 words (6.5 pages)
- Teachers bear the heavy responsibility of molding the minds of our nation’s most precious resource, its children. The road to becoming a teacher is a long one, involving post-high school education, people skills, and a desire to change lives. These traits, when accompanied by experience and good techniques, form the foundation for an effective, life-altering educator. Before anything else, teachers must have a desire to impact the lives of their students (Education). Some teachers teach because they want to help children learn and grow and would like to make a contribution to society.... [tags: Careers Jobs Teaching essays research papers]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- Career Education in Many Forms Official federal support for career education began in 1974; although funding intensity has varied over the subsequent 20 plus years, career education continues to receive emphasis in the nation's schools. The most recent programs included under the umbrella of "career education" are titled "school-to-work" and "tech prep," programs that are receiving generous federal appropriations for 1996-97 (Hoyt 1996). School-to-work programs, which include tech prep programs, are characterized by their focus on bridging the gap between school and work.... [tags: Emplyoment School Essays]
1767 words (5 pages)