My philosophy is to be kind, considerate and respectful in the workplace. Every team member is a link in the chain, and is to be treated as you wish for yourself to be treated. It is my belief that one should always act professional and be organized.
What drives me is knowing the experience I will gain when pushed on projects. Knowing that I can always be a better version of myself, that that there is always going to be room for improvement. It is important to be reliable and focused in every situation, even when everything is against you. There is always a silver-lining to be found, and knowledge to be gained.
Being a decisive problem solver is the key to a strong leader, and that is an asset to any work environment. Knowing even in the worst circumstances, being a good leader can be the deciding factor in whether a project is finished in-time or late.
Career and Professional Development Goals
Within the next two years I would like to have begun, and be thriving in, my career as a beauty advisor. I will be aiming to work at a specific counter, in either the cosmetic department or fragrances. This retail experience is an ideal stepping stone towards my own personal career goal of being an independent, and successful, makeup artist.
I would also like to continue being a freelance makeup artist on the side because I love working with and experiencing new people. Freelance work allows me to do various different jobs, ranging from creative and special effects, to bridal and beauty photoshoots. This large job spectrum would keep me on my toes and allow me to grow, and gain experience, in multiple different areas. This range, from glam to gore, is something I am very passionate...
... middle of paper ...
- Well versed in the industry with knowledge of new products and trends
Volunteer Work International Makeup Artist Trade Show, for Jordane Cosmetics, September 2015
- Suggestion selling, and cross promoting
- Finalized sales by cash, debit and credit
- Restocked and organized products
- Disassembled booth
The National Woman’s Show, for Jordane Cosmetics/Crown Brush, November 2015
- Assisted customers find their desired products
- Mini makeovers for customers
- Finalized sales
- Disassembled booth
Extra-Curricular - Inverness Certification for Nose and Ear piercings
- Tattoo for a Toonie event working with Look Good Feel Better Foundation though Seneca College
- Competed in a competition between two teams, and lead the winning team to create an event that was taken to store level
References are available upon request.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Request from the staff member for a self-assessment. The staff member will complete a self-assessment of their interests, skills, values, and personality with the help of a HR counselor. 2. Supervisor will develop an assessment of the staff member’s skill level. Based on the staff member’s assessment, their work record, and the Supervisor’s observations the staff member’s skill level will include the following classifications: • Technical skills: skills needed for their present position and to meet their future goals.... [tags: professional development plan]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Nurse educators play a vital role in the nursing profession and in the preparation of future nurses. As a clinical instructor, I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to study in the United States for my Master’s degree in the nursing education field for one year. This one-year intensive study has prepared me to do a better job as a nurse educator when I go back to China. The study has enhanced my basic medical knowledge and equipped me with essential skills and technologies to be a nurse educator, and most importantly, I feel I am ready to teach and prepare my future students for the ever-changing and challenging field of nursing with what I have learned here.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Nurse education, 2016]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- In most instances, the journey to a successful career can start with an effective career development agenda. The commitment to set career goals and a plan to fulfilling them will usually lead to getting the desired job that may significantly contribute to a person 's happiness and financial security. Career development can make individuals aware of the available opportunities and how they can best achieve their career goals. It may also be a chance for identifying trends in the desired industry and if necessary take steps to sharpen their current skills through some form of training so as to get the wish for job.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Human resources]
701 words (2 pages)
- Professional Development Plan Ten years ago I was sitting in a classroom striving to understand the English language and how to read and write properly. I am a Mexican immigrant who came into the United States following the “American Dream” in search of a better life. I am a hard working individual with a passion for service and self-determination to make a difference in people’s lives. I come from a family that values unity and service to others. Caring for other people is what I love to do and it’s what makes me feel I have a real purpose in life.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Nursing, Health]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Professional Development Plan: Taking the time to reflect on one’s career can increase self-awareness and enhance professional development. A career development plan is a confidential and integral document created by an individual which outlines the activities undertaken during their life. Hence, a professional development plan documents goals and skills required to accomplish dreams and aspirations. Moreover, a professional development program is reminiscent of ones’ past experiences and a glance at the future.... [tags: Nursing, Academic degree, Nurse, Education]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- I’m struck by how far I’ve progressed professionally over the past seven years. I’m grateful to the students, parents, colleagues, professors, my professional learning network, authors, consultants and administrators who’ve contributed towards my development, thus making me a more effective educator. I look forward to continuing my professional growth, as I endeavor to prepare students successfully for the 21st Century challenges they’re certain to encounter. Learning & Professional Knowledge Through formal coursework (nine graduate credits) and numerous workshops, conferences, network meetings, etc., I have consistently added to my professional knowledge and learning.... [tags: Professional Progress, Career]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- The term career plan is the broad-based exploration associated with the career or profession expansion or growth and gives a clear explanation concerning the people who administer his or her careers within the corporations along with what aspects corporations use in formulating his or her career improvement among his or her associates. Expanding or enlarging a career or professional preparation is not an easy task for the reason behind the expansion plan assists in planning the upcoming period; throughout the whole life period people continually alter or change his or her careers frequently.... [tags: Career Ambition ]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- The career services professional supports the educational mission of a college by assisting students to develop, evaluate, and pursue career aspirations with the goal of securing employment. Career services professionals accomplish these goals with a range of programs, counseling and services designed to help students make the connection between the academic environment and the workplace. Career Counseling, or Career Services depending on the institution, is frequently offered on a one-on-one basis, but at times this service is provided through group workshops, classes, or computerized guidance systems.... [tags: Career Goals]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- In today’s society it is not always what you know, but who you know. It is never a bad idea to join a professional organization and or association. The key is to find the right one for you and your needs. According to ask.com, “A professional organization is formed to disseminate information and unite people who share the same occupation or common interests.” Professional Organizations can also be classified as any social arrangement that has the same aims, aspirations, and goals. A professional organization on the other hand, is usually a non-profit group that helps further awareness and goals of a specific profession according to dpi.state.nc.us.... [tags: Professional Organizations]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Career Passports and Career Portfolios Portfolios have long been used in some professions to showcase professional work and skill. In education, portfolios have also been used for assessment, including self-assessment (Lankes 1995; Pond et al. 1998). Both career portfolios and career passports reflect this dual focus—students assess themselves in the process of developing a product, and the resulting product showcases and documents their experiences and skills. A distinction is sometimes drawn between a portfolio as developmental and a passport as summative (Bridging the Gap 1993).... [tags: Career Passports Portfolios Essays]
1831 words (5.2 pages)