At the time traditional sales where supplies were tight and suppliers held the cards, when orders had to be booked weeks or even months in advance and customers, anxious for a steady supply of material and lacking information about availability, had little room to negotiate price. Sales people were order takers. But in the competitive environment, sales people have evolved from order takers to ambassadors, plying their social skills to learn what a customer needs and using their product knowledge to present products and services to match those needs. Salespeople built long term relationships with purchasing agents, cementing those ties and meet the customer’s requirements.
Now with the increase in the Internet Penetration where every consumer has access to prices and specifications from suppliers anywhere on earth and at the same time customers are under pressure to deliver value to their clients and their shareholders. They are compelled to use the newfound power to transparency and overcapacity to drive ...
... middle of paper ...
...lge in selling trap which means temptations to jump on solutions rather than understanding the problem properly.
• Along with satisfying the core and augmented needs, more concentration should be in meeting unexpected needs to maximize the value preposition.
• To create differentiation: IDIC Model should be used.
I- Identify who are important people in decision making.
D- Differentiate who are important to you.
C- Customize value according to the needs.
• Focus should be on 3 C’s – Creating Value, Communicating Value and Capturing Value
• Convert product-centric, channel-centric and other metrics to customer centric metrics over time. For instance, a firm may evolve from measuring sales volume alone, to measuring the customer value impact of new sales.
• Focus should be on Potential advantage, providing unexpected value and gaining competitive advantage.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- B2B eCommerce Best Practices Guide - Selecting the Right Platform "75 percent of Internet users prefer mobile-friendly sites — including B2B customers — and 96 percent have found sites that didn’t function well on mobile devices." Selecting the Right B2B eCommerce Platform Based on Customizable Options Choosing a development partner for building a B2B eCommerce platform isn 't the same as buying a car or even a home when comparing features, design, efficiencies and prices can guide the process.... [tags: Marketing, Electronic commerce, Business case]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Here in this paper I will explain how marketing differs on a B2C site compared to a B2B site. First let me explain the difference between B2C sites compared to a B2B sites. A B2C site is defined as a consumer shopping on the Web, often called business-to-consumer (or B2C). B2C ordinarily refer to on-line trading and auctions, for example, on-line stock trading markets, on-line auction for computers and other goods. B2C e-commerce refers to the emerging commerce model where businesses /companies and consumers interact electronically or digitally in some way.... [tags: Research Definition B2C B2B Sites Internet]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- B2B eCommerce Best Practices -> Back-office Core Features Back-office Core Features Build Business Reliability Back-office Core Features Build Business Reliability It 's not possible to build a great B2B eCommerce website unless back-office systems integrate or synchronize with front-office. These accounting and monitoring functions in B2B companies are often less robust than those used in retail industries because there are fewer people and customers to manage. However, customizations and full synchronization with front-end features boost overall sales and business efficiency, allow customers to access relevant account information, promote marketing and optimize collaboration with third-p... [tags: Marketing, Customer relationship management]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Business-to-Business (B2B) is a great trading concept that involves all Internet-based solutions that facilitate and accommodate building new business relationships between companies worldwide. B2B could be interchanged with Ecommerce, e-market, or e-business. B2B serves as the venue for all manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers to convene all year long less of the hazards of travel and less of the expensive costs of traditional ways to make business. Through B2B portals, companies can exchange communications, information, and transactions as well as perform regular business processes like purchase orders, invoices, and payment.... [tags: Marketing, Electronic commerce, Sales]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- In order to evaluate the differences between a B2C site and a B2B site it is required to know what B2C and B2B represent. B2C is a consumer that shops on the Web and a B2B is a transaction conducted between businesses on the Web (Schneider, 2004). Reviewing ethical, legal and regulatory will provide a better understanding of what the requirements are for a B2B and B2C site. According to dictionary.com, ethical is being in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong that govern the conduct of a profession.... [tags: B2B B2C Transactions Shipping Direct]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- America Needs the Best Everyone, all over the world, stay in tune for the United States Election. Who shall be elected as the next president for America or should we say who is the most qualified. We have an unusual selection this year for presidency. People are not sure if they will be voting or not. It seems the media has already made the decision clear. Tension is rising all over America. Who will it be. Donald Trump (Republican), Hillary Clinton (Democrats party), Gary Johnson (Libertarian party), and Jill Stein (green tea party), have all chosen to step up to the plate and run.... [tags: Immigration to the United States, Immigration]
2309 words (6.6 pages)
- I grew up in a small town. It was a good neighborhood- low unemployment, everything looked nice. We even had one of the best special-needs preschools in the country. It was the kind of place where everyone knew each other; my first grade teacher knew me before I could understand basic English, and the next-door neighbors may as well have been my own siblings. It was the kind of place everyone wanted to live- it was home. When I was 13, I was the girl everybody wanted to be. I had friends, I did lots of volunteer work and a few after school activities, and I still made straight As.... [tags: Debut albums, 2005 singles, 2007 singles]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Differences in B2B Marketing vs B2C In the following paper differences in marketing techniques that focus on B2B customers as opposed to marketing to B2C customers will be examined. The different goals and approaches used in marketing to these different business types will also be examined. In the Business to Business (B2B) marketing as well as Business to Consumer (B2C) marketing, many of the same techniques and methods of marketing are utilized. For example internet advertising, television, mailings, hosted events, print media and word of mouth are some of the popular methods of marketing that will be utilized regardless of rather the end customer is a business or consumer.... [tags: Compare Contrast Business Marketing]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- ` Have you ever wondered how all those products that you buy everyday get to those stores or how that website is able to ship you what you want. Have you ever wondered how all those companies have those products ready and waiting for you. Well I can tell you that they just don't appear out of nowhere. Businesses use what is called a supply chain to make it possible for them to provide the consumers with the products they desire and need. What exactly is a supply chain and how does it ensure that everyone gets what they need.... [tags: Business Supply Chain Production]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Marketing Differences B2C and B2B Sites The Internet has changed the way marketing professionals implement new ideas to promote and sell products. The challenge nowadays is centered towards tendencies and trends established in the last 10 years by Internet users. Creativity and innovation have become necessary to lure customer's attention through B2C and B2B websites; hence, it is imperative to constantly improve sites without losing attention on customer needs. However, since there are sound differences between B2C and B2B sites, websites are required to be customized according to each business needs.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1002 words (2.9 pages)