We all dream of having one of the hottest new brands of cars, but not everyone has the income for this. Car loan offers seem tempting and naturally, you will also be confused about which car is the best buy.
It can be even more confusing browsing the internet with a multitude of options available to you.
The first dilemma, of course, is whether to buy a brand new car, or to settle for a used car.
No one in their right mind would rush into such a big decision. To ease this predicament, we have listed out the advantages and disadvantages of both options, in order to enable you to make the right choice.
Benefits of buying a new car:
Easy Financing: New cars always attract lower finance rates from banks and lending institutions, as the vehicle is new and its value has not depreciated.
However, it is always a good idea to study the deal offered to you carefully, as the cheapest cars may not necessarily be the best.
Better Fuel Efficiency & Lower Emissions: With increasing fuel prices and emission laws getting stricter every day, fuel-efficient and low-emission vehicles have become a popular.
New cars bring better fuel efficiency and if you want it, more power. If making a positive contribution to the environment is your thing, the new car option is for you.
Latest Gizmos: If you want your car to have the latest navigational equipment, multimedia panels or even a protective paint treatment, then buying a new car is the better option.
Benefits of buying a used car:
Lower Price: Obviously, a used car is going to be easier on your bank bala...
... middle of paper ...
...online with the price of cars in similar condition. Remember, you are not looking for accuracy so a ball-park figure should do.
Check the certified pre-owned option: Certified used cars can be a better option, as the dealers will check for any accident it may have been through and also give it a complete overhaul. You may also get an extended warranty which is never a bad thing. This could be a great option.
Vehicle History: In the case of used cars, professional dealers can offer comprehensive reports for the car of your choice, so that you stay aware of the car’s condition, any accidents the car has gone through and the number of owners and services performed by authorized dealers.
Whether you decide to buy a used or new vehicle, remember to keep in mind the advantages and disadvantages listed out in this article, for the best chance of buying your dream car.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... A parent, for example, would be interested in a lot of room and a lot of safety features for their families. That in mind, they might look for a Honda Pilot or a Dodge Caravan. After figuring out the type of vehicle you want, you must set a budget for yourself. This will help you get a good deal that doesn’t cost more than what you’re willing to spend. Buying a car that is used usually works in the buyer’s favor because you don’t need monthly or bi-weekly payments, there is variety, and the price can usually be negotiable.... [tags: dealer, buying a new car]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- For many the process of buying a vehicle loan is intimidating. Understanding the loan process and preparing before shopping gets the financing in place faster. It starts with comprehending the foundation of a car loan. In most cases the loan begins at the dealership. Some buyers have an established relationship with banks or credit unions offering auto loans. In either case, loan conditions define how the amount borrowed gets paid back. The monthly payment includes the prevailing interest rate for the life of the loan.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Interest, Personal finance]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Tips When Buying Rental Property Are you looking to diversify your investments by taking advantage of the current boom in real estate. Passive investment and ownership of residential rental property can not only provide additional short and long term investment, but also tax benefits. However, there tricks in buying which make this investment strategy challenging. Being a cautious buyer and taking time to do necessary research in the initial stage can save you from costly errors in future. 1. Buy at the right price A good bargain will act as a caution in case of fluctuations in property value.... [tags: Property, Real estate, Renting, Local government]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- Buyer behavior plays an important role when buyer purchases a product. It is important to satisfy need and want. Likewise, buyers differ in the way they purchase a certain product. Buyer behavior is “the study of individuals, groups, or organizations and the processes they use to select, secure, use, and dispose of products, services, experiences, or ideas to satisfy needs and the impacts that these processes have on the buyer and society” (Hawkins & Mothersbaugh, 2013, p. 6). A process that buyer go through in deciding the purchase of product or service to satisfy needs and wants is the buying decision process.... [tags: contracting and procurement]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- The decision to purchase a car is the second largest financial choice a person can make. There are a few options for vehicle financing. Since the majority of people aren’t paying cash outright for their vehicle, figuring out whether to purchase or lease the car can be overwhelming, intimidating and or confusing. Different elements come in to play when deciding whether or not leasing is right for your financial situation and lifestyle. Because the average consumer isn’t educated about the benefits of leasing a vehicle, leases are sometimes not even considered an option.... [tags: vehicle financing, payment, advertisement]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- The Benefits of the Second Amendment In a tragic event such as a mass shooting, a large population of Americans are quick to draw the conclusion that the right to own a gun is harmful to society; however, the second amendment is what allows the American people to protect themselves from such shooting instances. The privilege to own a concealed firearm is beneficial to the American population when well-regulated for reasons such as self-defense and expressing freedoms which U.S citizens are privileged enough to receive through the second amendment; given they pass a background check.... [tags: Firearm, Gun politics in the United States]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- George Washington, America’s very first president, used to participate in the lottery. Moses used a lottery to determine which of his flock would win a plot of land (Ugel 25). The lottery has been around for an exceedingly long time. In fact, according to the National Gambling Impact Study Commission, “The first recorded lottery to distribute prize money was held in 1466 in Bruges, now Belgium, for the announced purpose of providing assistance to the poor” (Ugel 26). Even today, millions of people participate in the Mega Millions and the Power Ball lotteries.... [tags: gambling]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- Personal Financial Plan Benefits of Personal Financial Plan: • It assists your current financial picture, cash flows, income taxes and investments. • Optimizes cash flows to achieve maximum potential. • It matches with your financial goals. • It brings financial empowerment and intelligence. • Brings clear and sensible roadmap to financial independence. • Let you measure and track investment performance and goal attainment. • Improves communication around the money with spouse or partner. Key components of successful financial Plan: • Assessment: It compiles simplified version of personal financial statements like B/S and I/S which may include personal assets like car and house etc.... [tags: Finance, Investment, Balance sheet]
2400 words (6.9 pages)
- A thorough analysis of the external forces that shaped the global automotive industry in 2009 reveals how the rivalry between established car makers set the stage for some to successfully survive the global recession while others were forced to seek Chapter 11 bankruptcy. A closer consideration of the impact of consolidation, demand and supply, fixed costs, product differentiation, and exit barriers on rivalry within the industry reveals how new entrants and weaker competitors were able to take advantage of environmental opportunities during the recession and gain profit shares.... [tags: car makers, vehicle, recession]
1401 words (4 pages)
- Chinese Car Companies Soon to Make Waves in United States Audience: class and instructor Topic: Chinese car companies coming to United States Specific Purpose: To inform audience about the benefits and disadvantages that Chinese car companies have in coming to United States Thesis: Even though there is a lot of skepticism towards Chinese car companies making a foothold in the American car market, with the right marketing and not rushing into the market, there is a good chance that the Chinese car companies will follow the Japanese car companies and carve a spot in the American market.... [tags: Business]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Case Study Corruption / Bribery / Personal Relationships
- Ethics And Morality Of The United States
- Being A Young Child I Was Never The Best Student
- The Worker 's Revolt And Students Movement
- A Letter From An Adult Male With A Birth Date
- E Learning : An Effective Solution Than Standard Formal Education