Puppy Barking Can Do More Than Just Annoy You Incessant puppy barking is far more than just a daily annoyance. If left unchecked, it can have negative effects on the relationships you share with just about everyone, including your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your friends, as well as your loud, but still adorable puppy. If you work at home, even your livelihood can be affected. In fact, it can cause such disruption in your day to day life that having to deal with it even over a short period of time could cause you to question your decision to own a dog at all. Thankfully, for you, giving up is not an option - you 've seen the sad faces peering through the shelter bars, their eyes, like little pools of misery, looking up at you as you pass by, as if they are asking, "Why was I left behind? Are you here to love me and take me to my forever home?" You decided long ago that you would never add any more heartbreak to that scenario, so here you are, wanting to learn how you can train your puppy to stop barking. There are many great articles on the internet that can tell you how to do just that, but here you will learn the good news. The good news is you don 't have to train your puppy at all! You only have to train you! A little shift in body language and a phrase or two in dog speak and wa-la! You will have the relaxed and quiet dog you 've always dreamed of. Why His Barking Bothers You More Than Peeing On Your Rug You probably anticipated most of the life changes owning a dog would bring, like the vet expenses, the messes of potty training, the destroyed property from chewing, etc. By doing so, at the same time, you were also mentally preconditioning yourself for those nuisances and have therefore managed to handle your pu...
... middle of paper ...
...ou will be amazed how fast your dog will improve. Depending on how long you 've been yelling at him, (thereby training him to bark), it doesn 't take more than a day or few for him to begin to understand the new rules: When he barks after you have politely acknowledged his warning by quietly telling him "thank you, now no barking" and you immediately turn your back he will quickly learn that won 't be paid any attention, in fact he will be flat out ignored. This tactic works because dogs cannot stand to be ignored, especially by you, the leader of his pack. He will soon figure out that he can still protect and alert you, but then he can stop barking, and get all the love and praise that he craves from you. Knowing that he 's made you happy is his big payoff and it won 't take long, once he 's learned that, before he stops the mad dog barking routine once and for all.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It’s just another night and you’re sitting at home. The news is talking about the same old thing another rehab celebrity and the T.Vv shows are old replays. You call out your dog’s name, “Kenzie” and here comes your lazy old Shitzu walking into the room with her favorite toy. This is your one friend for life that you had adopted in Spencer, Iowa about 4 years ago; she’ll always be there for you whether: bored, tired, mad, or depressed. We’ve all been there, those nights with nothing to do and no one to hang around with. Rather than being alone, a pet would always be there to keep you company.... [tags: Dog, Pet, English-language films, Cat]
710 words (2 pages)
- About 15 years ago when I was a toddler, my life changed for the best, I remember sitting down in my 90s style living room playing with my Spiderman action figure, while my two older brothers were messing with a new cam recorder they had bought. It was late in the evening, and we were waiting for my dad to get home from work so we could begin eating the meat loaf and mashed potatoes my mom had been making for supper. Getting bored with my toys, I decided to see what my brothers were up to with the cam recorder.... [tags: Dog, Puppy, Sled dog, Dogs]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- There are as many different types of dog owners as there are different dogs. Almost everybody wants to own a pet, but not everyone has what it takes to deal with the responsibility that comes with it. There are so many owners who will treat pets as one of their own children, but there are just as many owners who won’t give a second thought about their pet. Some owners will go above and beyond for their pets just to make sure their animals are happy; some owners will feed their animals meals before anyone else in the house gets to eat.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Dog type, Toy dog]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Genetic diversity in Canidae General Introduction into Genetics of the Domestic Dog The domestic dog (Canis familiaris) came from a common ancestor about ten million years ago (Vilà, Maldonado, & Wayne, 1999). Presently there are more than 400 breeds of dogs, with 152 recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC). Most modern breeds have existed less than 400 years (Parker et al., 2004). It was in the in the second half 19th century that breed clubs and breed standards and the practice of ‘inbreeding and selection’ to maintain ‘purebred’ lines began as well (Gubbels, 2002; Parker et al., 2004).... [tags: Dog, Dog breed, Bulldog, Purebred]
1833 words (5.2 pages)
- They say that a dog is a man’s best fried, but they don’t tell you about the overall cost, responsibility, or convenience about adopting one. Dogs are supposed to bring so much joy to a household, but sometimes they can only fill a void for a short amount of time. When a dog owner buys a dog, do they actually research the things that they are about to get in to. When I bought my dog, Skye, I never really looked into is issues; I just looked at the benefits. I love Skye to death, and I guess I could say that she also loves me to death.... [tags: Pet, Dog, Assistance dog, Hearing dog]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Whether you are a new dog owner or a seasoned owner, there are many myths throughout the years believed as facts regarding dogs. Many originated in truths becoming woven In dispelling these myths Here are some of the most common misconceptions about dogs – and the facts. 1. One dog year is equal to seven human years This is an easy calculation due to simply multiplying the dogs years. However, many other factors need to be considered. Dogs seem to mature at an earlier age, then slow down over the years.... [tags: Dog, Neutering, Allium, Dog health]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- Species Information The domestic dog, Canis familiaris, is a quadrupedal mammal which is a member of the Canidae family. Dogs are said to be the first animal species to be domesticated, which is estimated to have taken place at the end of the last ice age around 15,000 years ago (CLUTTON *3). Dogs are derived from the domestication of the gray wolf, and nowadays there are hundreds of different breeds of domestic dog (AZ). In terms of distribution, although the wild gray wolf population is found in the northern hemisphere, domestic dogs are spread worldwide, living with humans in a variety of environments.... [tags: Dog, Gray Wolf, Canidae, Toy dog]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- Thousands of people every day have the idea of getting a pet. They have made their minds that a pet would be a great extension to their family. One of the common pets that people seem to want is a dog. Now everyone wants to own a dog, making it somewhat trendy. People in New York City seem to find a way to be able to own a dog, walk it at least three times a day, have some kind of job, and social life. Now everyone knows the cliché of “a dog is a man best friend”; but other than it being a very sexist term, and that your best friend actually has his own place, dogs are quite expensive to care for and difficult to handle.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Property, Health]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- The perfect dog sits, stays, rolls over and shakes .the very moment you decide to take on that puppy thats what most people think the puppy will be nothing but a cute playing little dog with good manners, “you must rely on the solid foundation of these seven things socialization,housetraining,sit,down,stay,come,and to walk nicely on leash. “ (De Vito 16)..From the beginning people have learned that a obedient dog brings upon many benefits for both dog and human. In reality when people get that puppy most realise that it was not born with the commands that most associate dogs with.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Puppy, Dogs]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- Korean Dog Eating Tradition The Korean practice of eating dog meat has always been considered a peculiar tradition by foreigners. In recent years, this tradition has come under increasing pressure from animal rights activists, including Bridget Bardot, who wish to see the practice outlawed altogether by the South Korean government. This controversy came to a head in 2002, when activists convinced FIFA to put pressure on South Korea, the co-host of the World Cup, to ban dog meat. William Saletan discusses this controversy in his article ?Wok the Dog,.... [tags: Wok Dog Saletan Essays]
1186 words (3.4 pages)