The first opportunity I got to exercise my pent-up curiosity in electronics was when I matriculated as an Undergraduate at Manipal Institute of Technology. The VLSI Design course in my fifth semester drew my attention towards microminiaturization technology. My reasons for such a focus were manifold; I had a brilliant professor for this course, who placed great emphasis on the pioneering research happening at the micro scale. Also, VLSI is the crucial link between electronic circuits and computation systems, both of which are subjects close to my heart. Consequently, I selected the VLSI/ULSI process technologies elective in the subsequent semester. This course introduced me to the physics behind actual fabrication methodologies employed in the semiconductor industry. It brought back memories of the awe and wonder I had felt in my childhood. At this juncture,...
... middle of paper ...
... my research involved study of transport characteristics in semiconducting Carbon Nanotubes when interfaced with metal probes. The Schottky-Barrier CNFET tool published on NanoHUB by Dr. H.-S. Philip Wong et al., provided an excellent platform to test and refine my understanding of the phenomenon. Looking for more information on the topic, I stumbled upon his book “Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Device Physics”, which again proved indispensable. Dr. Wong's group has made unparalleled contributions to the field of Carbon Nanotube based Computation systems. If given an opportunity, I would be delighted to study under and work alongside such a distinguished professor. Moreover, Stanford University has a long established focus on excellence in research. I have cultivated an interest for the research in Nanoelectronics and I am now keen to take up graduate study in pursuit.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am interested in pursuing a second master’s degree because I found a career path that I am very passionate about. I have strategically aligned myself with the right combination of education and experience to develop and grow my career as a Human Resources (HR) professional and this strategy has been the key to my current success. Applying to the Masters of Professional Studies (MPS) Human Resources Management (HRM) program is the next step in becoming even more successful within my field because I plan to work as a Vice President of International Development and Workforce Planning.... [tags: Graduate School Application Essay]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Graduate Study of Clinical Psychology My dedication to the field of psychology is evident in the various activities in which I am involved. I am a student affiliate of the American Psychological Association, as well as a student member of the Iowa Psychological Association. I have been actively involved in the community as a volunteer working with patients, families, and staff in the emergency room of a local hospital. I have been a devoted member of the psychology club for two years and am currently serving my first year as an officer (Vice-president of Special Events).... [tags: Graduate Admissions Essays]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In this era of information technology I feel a sense of pride in being so closely associated with the field of computer science. The desire to forge ahead in this field by doing cutting-edge research has motivated me to pursue graduate studies. In my childhood, I was very inquisitive and used to wonder how different machines and instruments work. Right from the age of 13, I was given the opportunity to gain acquaintance with Computers. I had learned BASICS, MS-DOS along with the subjects in my school curriculum.... [tags: research, technology, company, school]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- I am an ambitious young Saudi with a Bachelor’s degree in Power Systems and Electric from the College of Technology in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Through my academic and professional experiences, I have come to believe that only with hard work and determination can one realize his ambitions and dreams, and that failure to do so is only due to a loss of stamina or motivation. For me, my dream is to join (name of university) to attend the Electrical Engineering program, for it is my belief that by attending your program, I will be better equipped to conduct detailed theoretical and practical research in the science, and upon commencing my studies, I will possess the necessary skills and knowledge t... [tags: School Admission Request]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is a wireless technology that utilizes radio communication to identify objects with a unique electrical identity. The widespread deployment of RFID technologies may generate new threats to security and user privacy. A hardware implementation of the mutual authentication protocol for the RFID system was simulated using Modelsim XE II and synthesized using Xilinx synthesis technology. The project experience unearthed the skills hidden in me. The projects being group work taught me the virtues of group co-ordination, continuous interaction and team work which are essential qualities needed to build one’s career.... [tags: education, experience, technology]
705 words (2 pages)
- UC Application Personal Statement Education plays a great role in ensuring that my dreams become reality. I am passionate about majoring in UCLA Sociology since it is the best career that I have always admired since my childhood. I believe that the sociological perspective that I am going to gain in this field will be of great significance for working in different multinational and multi-ethnic business environments. Through this training, I will be in a position of developing social factors from valuable insight.... [tags: Sociology, Karl Marx, High school]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- I am determinant young woman with a BS degree in Physics from King Faisal University, Saudi Arabia, on a quest to obtain a MS Physics degree and gain the knowledge, skills and expertise I needs to establish my career as an instructor and researcher within the field at one of Saudi Arabia’s universities. Furthermore, I aspire to continue my studies in the near future and earn a PhD degree in Physics, and armed with a Master’s degree from (name of University) I believe I will be fully equipped to do so.... [tags: School Admission Request]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- Literature Review The firm’s efforts in promoting its image and brand inside the organization as well as outside the organization is represented by Employer branding. The distinct and clear image of the firm and its brand make firm valuable in market full of high potential and high performing talent. The leaders and senior executives have recently shown huge amount of interest in employer branding. The research carried out is related to the upcoming methodologies of employer branding. It focuses on shift in branding strategies from advertisements to the more practical and innovative ways similar to using social media as a source of branding.... [tags: Study Proposals]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- The Long Road to Graduate School In his poem, The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost wrote, "Two roads diverge in the woods, and I took the one least traveled by/ And that has made all the difference." In this poem, the narrator had a choice of two roads. However, I've discovered that life is a little more complicated. Sometimes the path we embark on is not always the one we choose. Sometimes we are pushed or pulled in certain directions and we have to react to our environment. My path to a college education has been filled with bumps, potholes, detours and roadblocks.... [tags: Graduate Admissions Essays]
410 words (1.2 pages)