• The Flipkart was founded in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, both alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. They had been working for Amazon.com previously. The business was formally incorporated as a company in October 2008 as Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd. During its initial years, Flipkart focused only on books, and soon as it expanded, it started offering other products like electronic goods, Air Conditioners, Air coolers, stationery supplies and life style products and e-books. The first product sold by them was the book, Leaving Microsoft to Change the World, bought by VVK.Chandra from Andhra Pradesh. Flipkart now employs more than 4,500 people.Flipkart's offering of products on Cash on Delivery is considered to be one of the main reasons behind its success. Flipkart also allows other payment methods- Credit or Debit card transactions, net banking, e-gift voucher and Card Swipe on Delivery. The company has employee base of over 4500 and Global Alexa ranking of 142 (10 in India) which is Best Ranking in Ecommerce product line category industry and regarded as the Amazon of India since 2007 Till 2013 Flipkart raised 541 million us dollar from market Naspers, Accel partner, Morgan Stanley and Tiger global is majority contributor . The online megastore integrated campaign consist of four sub campaign use same theme to convey the messages but different target audience and different group of peoples. All the campaign conceptualized by the same team that is Happy creative agency founded in 2007 by Kartik Iyer to the objective of provide the communication and design service to the client also to do great work have fun and be happy with belief of an idea can change everything. First campaign was “No kidding n...
... middle of paper ...
...e companies because they almost touch all possible medium to communicate their message, even they also tried experimental marketing tool as well. Almost everything was perfect from artist to ad agency, conceptualization to communication tools. According to us it is very much require in communicating the message and Flipkart ad is the perfect example of creative representation. Because creative executions increase the recall value and long term brand awareness, maybe due to content used in communication. According to us they must have to emphasize on radio and paper advertisement and should also increase the TV ad frequency .telemarketing and door2door promotion is the other way out but may be expensive but they want to tap bigger market size they have invest more on all medium because in today’s world customer acquisition is the key of every business success.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- DATA ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION 1) MAKE THE PRODUCT’S COST LESS PAINFUL TO THE THE CUSTOMER The value of a rupee to each consumer is different, i.e in economics terms it is said that marginal utility of money for each consumer is different. Therefore it makes it difficult for the marketer to make consumers part with their money. Before Flipkart, e-commerce was done by credit /debit cards, where the payment had to be done on the time of placing the order. Offering high discounts (which is a common in e-commerce) many considered this risky and a potential fraud.... [tags: flipkart, cash on delibery, e-commerce]
2105 words (6 pages)
- SWOT analysis on Flipkart If there was a list of top Indian online companies, then Flipkart will surely be on top. There are very few Indian companies worth more than 2 billion dollars and Flipkart as on date is worth more than 11 billion dollars. The company was started in 2007 by the brothers Sachin and Binny Bansal, who took it to staggering heights. . Strengths of Flipkart 1. The largest E-Commerce Retailer of India: Flipkart has sold GMV (Gross Merchandising Value) of $4 billion by February, 2015 and is planning to double it to $8 billion dollars by December, 2015 which evidently shows it is the biggest player in the business.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Marketing]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Flipkart - A giant in the making Flipkart went live in 2007 with the objective of making books easily available to anyone who had internet access. Today, they’re present across various categories including movies, music, games, mobiles, cameras, computers, healthcare and personal products, home appliances and electronics, stationery, perfumes, toys, apparels, shoes – and still counting!. Wow sounds an impressive list but reaching this far wasn't easy. As a matter of fact Flipkart and its investors at this stage are seemingly losing money.... [tags: making books easily available on the internet]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- The Bangalore-based e-commerce firmed Flipkart established in 2007.Flipkart has launched its own product range under the name "Digi Flip of Flipkart" with products including tablets, USBs, and laptop bags. At first, the organization was an online book shop. which has now grown up and works through a perplexing structure of business with 20 million items crosswise over 70+ classes available. Business Model- Flipkart basically used B2C Model, a consumer goes to the website, selects a catalog, orders the catalog and an email is sent to the business organization.... [tags: Business intelligence, Analytics]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- FLIPKART It was founded in Bangalore, India in 2007. It is the largest business to business (B2B) E-commerce in India. They initially started with books and later it got diversified with wide range of products. It is based on consumer products i.e., industry. There was increase in the growth due to its rapid diversification. INVENTORY Inventory is the ‘stock-in-hand’ of materials for subsequent processing and of the products for ultimate use of the customers or end-users. Keeping track of your inventory is important for any retailer who wants to gain expertise.... [tags: inventory management, products, consumers]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Pentair, Inc. Headquartered in Golden Valley, Minnesota, Pentair owns and operates fifty facilities throughout eleven different countries. Pentair’s Technical Products Group is a leader in global enclosures, thermal management products, and custom enclosures that house and protect sensitive electrical components. The Water Group manufactures innovative products used in the movement, treatment, storage and enjoyment of water. Pentair’s local ties include two manufacturing facilities. The Sheboygan operation molds plastic and extruder block water filters, while the Brookfield location manufactures custom enclosures.... [tags: Corporate Analysis Company Profile Pentair]
1976 words (5.6 pages)
- Literary Analysis “Did you hear about that one girl who died from spiders that made a nest of her hair?” “Yeah, who could be so stupid as to not wash their hair?” As casual as this conversation may seem, it shows the power of urban legends at work. Although “The Beehive Hairdo (the urban legend which our pair of friends here are discussing) is no longer prevalent in culture and society, it still demonstrates an urban legend’s ability to modify, if not create, social ideals. Urban legends can be viewed as a societal tool, filling society’s need to spread morals, social values, and common knowledge.... [tags: oral folklore, the hook]
1960 words (5.6 pages)
- The central purpose of writing this Case Study Analyses on The Gap, Inc. is to identify and isolate key issues and their underlying implications and offer practical solutions and plans for implementing those solutions. This will be done by highlighting the social influences that influence the Gap, Inc. marketing strategy, segmentation strategies with respect to distinct retail markets, and positioning strategies that can be used or changed in a retail setting, as requested in the course assignment (as cited in the course module).... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
1660 words (4.7 pages)
- TiVo's problem rests in its inability to convince consumers to change their television consumption habits. Improper targeting and positioning have led to an ineffective product, price-point and promotion strategy that has stranded TiVo in the chasm between the early market and the early majority. TiVo is a truly discontinuous innovation, a product that requires consumers to dramatically change their past behavior with the promise of gaining equally dramatic new benefits. TiVo's main challenge is convincing the consumer to buy an expensive product in a new product category.... [tags: Business Case Study]
2172 words (6.2 pages)
- 1- INTRODUCTION 1.1 INVESTMENT Investment is a commitment of funds made in expectation of some positive rate of return. It involves a sacrifice of present consumption from the part of the investor . An investor is ready to sacrifice a part of his consumption , provided he gets back his investment with a compensation for his sacrifice. The compensation if the sacrifice is known as return. The return could be in form of appreciation in the value of investment, dividends interest etc. The guiding factors for an investor while investing his resources are liquidity, safety and return.... [tags: Business Analysis Finance]
1771 words (5.1 pages)