The herbal products that I have taken have kept my stomach pain under control for the past 22 years. At that time, the doctors could not diagnose, or could not write a prescription to ease my pain. They did not understand the anxiety that I was going through. They performed several tests, but had no clue as to what was causing the pain. At that time, I seriously started thinking about trying alternative methods or herbs for my health problems. The herbs that I knew about I used to put into my food to give it a better taste or flavor, or the common home remedies that my mother gave us for a stomach ache, a cold, measles or mumps.
In my mid-fifties, my feet started burning like they were on fire again. I went to the doctor had tests done, they could not find out what was causing it. I went on the Internet searching different web sites hoping to find some information about “Burning Feet” I had never heard of anyone that suffered from this problem. It took me several years to find a product to help me with this condition.
When I use herbs for any health problems, and if I don’t see any r...
... middle of paper ...
... knowing what I was going to do next, what would be my next step, and was I ever going to find healing for my health problems. At times, I did have some real fears, my faith was too strong for me to give up. When I started writing my book I thought I was going to have it finish within a few months, but I realized that writing about alternative healing I had to do some extensive research to find the right supplements for my health problems to get results, which weren’t easy. I will take supplements for the healing of my health problems because I believed in alternative medicines or natural healing. Through my research, I know I can find quality supplements to “Repair, Rebuild, Restore, and Reverse my health problems. I decided to write my book sharing the information about/on alternative findings with my readers, that there is a “Healing in the Making” for you, too.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Herbal Phen-fen "Lose All the Weight You Want", "Look Sexy and Feel Great", "Use the Safer Alternative", claim advertisements promoting the use of a recently-created dietary supplement known as herbal phen fen (CompuGraph International ) Created after the original phen fen (phentermine fenfluramine) drug was recalled from the market as a result of serious side effects, including severe heart problems which proved fatal for some consumers, the new herbal phen fen was praised by creators for being "all natural" and lacking any harmful side effects.... [tags: Pills Phen-fen Health Weight Loss Essays]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- With the significant increase of Americans using herbal supplements over the past years, the regulations of these products has become more vital. While new information has been discovered on many of these herbal supplements, their nutrition labels and regulations have not significantly changed since the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) became law in 1994. Over half of our population reportedly consumes herbal supplements on a regular basis (Burton). It is necessary that our nation, and the rest of the world, have up-to-date information on these products and their effects.... [tags: herbal products, dietary supplements, dshea]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- Looking beautiful is something all people openly (or secretly) aim for. And for them to achieve this, good health should always come first. To keep the body at optimum level, you need to take the necessary steps to maintain your health as well as prevent the onset of diseases. It is therefore important to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle—by eating nutritious food, doing daily exercise and using natural health products. Maintaining your health with the use of herbal and natural remedies is the first step to support your well-being.... [tags: supplements, natural products, health]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- The objective was to test the hypothesis that a lipid-based nutritional supplement enriched with micronutrients (LNS+MN) would enhance linear growth in rural African young children compared to a paste without micronutrients (LNS). Methods: Senegalese children (n=208) were enrolled at 6 months and assigned to one of the two arms (LNS+MN or LNS) of the double-blind randomized trial. Caregivers were asked to give a 20g daily dose of supplement (108kcal) to their child for a 12-month period. The primary outcome was length.... [tags: child growth, nutritional supplements, senegal]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- Herbal Dietary Supplements Fit America Fit America touts itself as the very best and most practical 100% Natural system of weight loss that helps an individual lose weight without dieting. Fit America is a natural weight control that is composed of 13 herbs and minerals that supposedly "help suppress appetite, regulate the bowels and kidneys, and stimulates the metabolism so the body uses the foods consumed more efficiently." The Fit America program requires a high protein, low carbohydrate diet.... [tags: Diet Supplement Weight Loss Gain Research Paper]
2088 words (6 pages)
- According to Advances in Nutrition (Vitamin/Trace mineral supplements), “The fraction of population that is elderly has been increasing, as has the consumption of vitamin/trace mineral supplements, which is now a Multibillion dollar industry. Yet the rationale for such supplement intake by the majority may be questioned.” () Questions like, are vitamin and mineral supplements necessary for life, or is our body capable of generating enough micro-nutrients from everyday nutrition and the environment?; and are vitamin supplements supposed to be used as substitutes for the natural intake of vitamins from whole foods, for people who do not have deficiencies.... [tags: vitamin supplements]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- Osteoarthritis affects the joints mainly in the knees and arms causing pain and discomfort; also it is a leading cause of disabilities and suffering in the United States (Gemmell et al. 2003). No cure is known for the treatment of osteoarthritis, but management of pain is possible. In the following studies researchers look at how to minimize pain with patients who suffer from osteoarthritis. In Warholm et al. (2003) researchers used a herbal pill made from Rosa canina (Rose-hip powder), taken orally, that proves to reduce the pain in subjects with osteoarthritis.... [tags: pain, herbal ointment]
699 words (2 pages)
- As I swallowed multiple pills with a huge jug of water, I questioned myself whether the allergy medication, acne medication, and herbal supplement were too much for my body. Growing up as a child in Taiwan, I was curious about how drugs work in our body; thus, I understood the possible danger of taking multiple drugs as once. After taking all my medications into a CVS pharmacy to talk to a pharmacist about all my medications with bottles, I realized the importance of a pharmacist. The knowledge of a pharmacist regarding actions of drugs, therapeutics roles, side effects, and drug uses are incredible.... [tags: Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Health care, Patient]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- Many people believe that herbal products are safe since they are labeled as natural and are legally sold. However, some herbal supplements can cause health issues. Also, herbal products are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) like over-the-counter and prescription drugs. Products labeled as natural does not always mean safe when it comes to herbal supplements. Herbal Supplement Use According to the National Institute of Health, more than half of all Americans take dietary supplements on a daily basis or on occasion (NIH, 2013).... [tags: not always safe, health issues]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- The four billion a year supplement industry sells steroid supplements and herbal speed to millions of teenage boys and girls. There are many types of supplements; among the most popular are Creatine, Andro (androstenedione), and ephedrine. All of these supplements are legal but are they safe. In this paper I will explore why the FDA has failed to put stronger regulations on these supplements, what they are and what they do, who endorses them, and were and how you can purchase these potentially harmful supplements; with the help from Jay McMahan and his expertise as a personal trainer and user of these herbal supplements.... [tags: essays research papers]
729 words (2.1 pages)