Microenvironment is the factors that impact to organisation ability to serve its customers. In air travel industry, microenvironment can be say that is
• Suppliers: Transport industry need vehicle to serve its customers, thus Boeing and Airbus, aerospace company, are main suppliers of air transport. Moreover, serving meal is one of its services that provided almost every flight. In-flight food companies, so are suppliers in this industry.
• Company: Company need appropriate decision to perform efficiently. Such internal organisation as, finance department, account department, marketing department and so on, are influence to strength and weakness of company. Each company differing focus on different market. Qantas Group, for instead, transfer domestic flight to low-cost subsidiary airline, Jetstar, and drop some flights to reduce capacity and generate more profit in economic downturn while Singapore airlines concern about its premium market. (Geoffrey 2010, p43)
• Competitors: Company that serve the same thing to the same group of customer, which in this case can be other airline or other transport, such as, train, bus or cruiser.
• Marketing intermediaries: Instead of promote itself, agencies both ticket and travel, is chance of transport industry to make more sale which in globalisation, they effectively provide service via internet, telephone and also branch office. Customers simply access to agencies that provided like one-stop services.
• Customers: Customers of air travel are consumer markets and international markets, such as tourists, students and businessmen.
... middle of paper ...
...ompany interested to increase flights in that. Thus, companies that have serviced in Asia have to try harder to attract customer by mean of concern about offer them cheaper price.
4. Why do those who pay more for air travel perceive value, when it is clear that many other people perceive value when they use a low-price air carrier?
Price is not only one factor that used to choose this kind of service. Air travel industry depends on many factors such as, type of customer, how long of trip, service and facility in flight. In long trip flight, for instead, customer would like to have comfortable and wide seat, more room for leg, good meal, sufficient personal entertainment and prefer to pay more money for that. Moreover, others convenient things that provided such as check-in online, mile collection to be higher member with privilege option or after flight service.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In December 1903 at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Orville and Wilber Wright were successfully in their attempt to fly a heavier that air contraption. This event was labeled in history as the “birth of aviation”. The flight occurred in a field which did not have a paved runway and only enough room to take off and land. Additionally, they had no lights or terminal. More importantly they had no regulatory governing body to oversee operations (Young & Wells, 2011). There are various events through history of Air Transportation which have led to the advent and development of the aviation oversight program in the United States.... [tags: Air Travel]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Evolution has taken place in the airline industry today. Prices have decreased while extensive lines, strict security and safety have dramatically increased. Flying used to be uncommon and considered a spectacle. People were allowed to sit outside on airport observation decks to enjoy watching planes fly by on warm summer nights with no concerns of security risks. Today we take for granted the experience of flying while complaining about baggage restrictions, security lines and in flight refreshments.... [tags: airline industry evolution]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- The travel industry is one of the most important and largest industries in the world. Every day, millions of people travel to short distances and long distances for leisure or business reasons. The world economy relies on traveling, and the economic success of a country highly depends on the state of the travel industry in that country. The U.S. travel industry is the biggest in the world and can be used as a demonstration of the importance of travel market for developed countries. Also, generational differences are visible and can be demonstrated by the research of the travel industry, which can be used for further research in the sociological fields.... [tags: Recreation, Generation Y, Travel, Tourism]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction Following the birth of flights in 1903, air travel has been known to be a crucial means of transport for people and goods; people have been able to transport goods and products from one place to the other with ease, hence saving time. However, with a hundred plus years after the discovery of the first aeroplane, there have been significant uprisings in the way individuals travel. The airlines commercial has been a major industry which has been relied up by millions people based on the associated benefits of its services; many have been able to earn from the business and shaping their way of living.... [tags: history, commercial flights]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- The demand for air travel This essay deals with the growth of the aviation industry based on the demand for air travel. Therefore, will touch upon the structure of the aviation industry and the stages of development that can create an impact on it. This assignment will also cover discussions and evaluation based on the implications of the changes for the aviation industry. People were always captivated by the idea of flying and the first successful flight goes back in the 2nd century when gliders used to fly over very short distances, however it took a long time until the Wright brothers had their first flight in 1903.... [tags: Airline, Aircraft, Northwest Airlines]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- Firstly, I would like to take about the customer service and satisfaction at Air & Sea Travel Center. Air & Sea Travel Center has a great amount of repeating client, our royal customer always come back to us because our great customer services. We have suppliers like Hawaiian Airline, Asiana Airline, China Airline, Marriott Hotel and other service suppliers that we could offer to our valued client. We make sure that every special request from our value client should deliver to the service supplier so that our clients could receive what they requested and wished upon their arrivals and departs.... [tags: Customer service, Service, Customer, Tourism]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- Countries With The Highest Number Of Airports In The World Without a doubt air travel is one of the most important aspects of international travel. It allows not only for the movement of both people and goods in and out of a country, it also opens up a country to other aspects of development such as trade. Arguably, next to the internet, air travel is seen as one of the main driving forces of globalization. Cheap, accessible air travel has indeed made the world a tight-knit society encouraging growth, discovery, integration and progression in different spheres.... [tags: United States, Russia, Mexico, Latin America]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The terrorist attack of Sept 11, 2001 significantly changed the landscape of air travel. Congress put in place mandates to screen all checked baggage and improve passenger screening procedures. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) was chartered to oversee these changes. The major obstacle was old antiquated equipment that was unable to handle the demand which resulted in a significant delay in time it took to process passengers. With the recovery of the airline industry since the attack the challenge is how passengers move through the airport quickly and efficiently.... [tags: Logistics]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- The gas prices as we know today keep rising due to many variables. It seems every year we all wonder why these prices go up for a while and then hit the lowest price per barrel that we have seen in a long time. I have been driving for about 25 years and remember when you could go and get gas for your car or truck for no more than $1.00 per gallon. Today we see the price per gallon change like the weather. During the winter months the barrels are cheaper and the summer they rise, which it return cost more at the pump.... [tags: Q&A]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- I believe that many people would state two unique connections between happiness and technology. One connection is that more technology equals more happiness; while the other is less technology equals more happiness. I can see how each side of this position could be logically defended. On one side, technological advances could potentially make us solely dependent on technology, thus establishing some sort of symbiotic relationship where technology and the users of technology depend on each other.... [tags: Q&A]
2443 words (7 pages)