Scholar Warner Benis said,“Leadership is complex process by which a person influences others to accomplish organizational mission, vision and objectives in a way that makes it more cohesive and coherent.”
Leaders approach towards employee make an influence on employee’s behavior on their performance.Ifa leader supports his employee, encourage them and be fair with them, it makes a positive influence. And if a leader is unfair or unsupportive it makes a negative influence on employee’s behavior. Leaders also indirectly contribute on employee’s health and energy level.
Ohio state university did a study on leadership and they give 4 types of leadership based on two dimensions (Consideration & Initiating Structure).
Types of leadership are given below:
1. Human Relation: Relation between Leaders and employees are most likely friendly. This type of leaders gives importance to his subordinates.
2. Laissez faire: They try to avoid the responsibility. Don’t care about sub-ordinate or rules and regulation.
3. Autocratic: They strictly follow the rules and regulations. Don’t care for subordinates.
4. Democratic: They care for subordinate and rules and regulation also.
Autocratic Leadership: An autocratic Leader is he who strictly follows the rules and regulation. They implement only their opinions don’t care for subordinates but only dominate them. They give high consideration on performance and low consideration on people. It seems to them that the employees are lazy, irresponsible and employees are not sensible enough to handle the responsibilities. That is why leaders organize, plan, control and make d...
... middle of paper ...
In 2012, 24 November, atashulia of Dhaka In Bangladesh a fatal fire broke out in Tazrin Fashion Ltd. Nearly 117 died and almost 200 seriously injured by this accident. The building was not fit to fight against fire. For this, this type of accident occurred. The management of Tazrin Fashion are not concern about the security of the building.
And In 2013,24 April at savarRana Plaza collapsed. 1129 died and almost 3000 injured in this accident. It is the historic tragedy of all time. These two accidents occur due to the autocratic administration. Rana Plaza was not built maintaining building code. But the owner did not pay attention to the matter. The owner of the garments of Rana Plaza did not pay attention to the fracture of the wall and compel to work to the worker. They only care about their profit not to the security of the building or not the worker’s safety.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Leadership theories/approaches have gradually evolved overtime. The initial theories began with the traits theory and progressed toward behavior, situational, adaptive, authentic, appreciative, transformational, transactional, servant, shared collective or distributive, and leader-member exchange. Leadership is a challenging and multifaceted process dependent upon numerous aspects such as, situation, personality and relationship of leader and follower, skills and knowledge, environment, and organizational and personal goals.... [tags: Leadership]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Administrative Leadership is the capacity to impact others and guide their conduct to accomplish common objectives and organize their endeavors to give their best to accomplish the goals. I worked at a global company called Henkel. Henkel “formed in 1975 and having approximately 48000 employees worldwide; operates worldwide with leading brands and technologies” (Henkel, 2016). Henkel’s employees rely on each other for success through their creativity and knowledge. Therefore, each one supported others ideas, which led to positively impact in company revenue in 2015 (Henkel, 2015).... [tags: Motivation, Reward system, Decision making]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- b. Transformational Leadership In terms of operations transformational leadership is elaborated as the level by which managers encourage their employees to be self reliant concerning discernment and wisdom for dealing with day to day issues, assigning goals to employees and appreciating them for the task performance. Authors like (Bass, 1995; Avolio et al.,1991) relates four dimensions of transformational leadership to be inspiration, intellectual stimulation, idealized influence (charisma) and individualized consideration.... [tags: Positive Employee Impact, Morals]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- Chapter # 2 Literature Review a. Transactional Leadership As per chronicles foundational stone of transactional leadership was laid upon leader-member exchange leadership theory. According to Pastor and Mayo (2008) through leader-follower exchange transactional leadership can be identified. It shows that benefits, incentives, perquisites and rewards are provided only on one condition when employees work in accordance with organizational objectives, values, norms, culture and give their required effort.... [tags: Beliefs, Morals, Negative Employee Impact]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- Recently, the Community College of Beaver County, CCBC, decided to reorganize and restructure the departments located in the Academic Support Services division. Throughout the campus, the college employs transformational leadership. The administrative leaders exhibit the transformational leadership style that has the ability to inspire and align the employees’ interests by empowering, supporting, encouraging, and recognizing employees for their efforts. As a requirement for the position, the transformational style of leadership is recommended for a candidate to possess for the hiring of a new manager, and the strategies are mentioned for the college as to why this type of leadership exists a... [tags: Management, Leadership, Positive psychology]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Organizational effectiveness is directly related to the leaders within the organization, who have the innate ability to achieve the vision, mission, and values through developing high performance and influence of the employees. Research suggests that effective leadership can impel the process improvement of performance, maintain a viable gain and is a powerful foundation of organization development (Jing, & Avery, 2016). The heart of leadership begins with the personal qualities, beliefs, and influence of the leader.... [tags: Leadership, Management]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- If given this topic two weeks ago the paper would have read, “I do not have a leadership story as I am not a leader, The End.” The realization is anyone can be a leader; a formal title is not required. Three personal theories have developed after encounters with both good and bad leaders. One, a good leader must realize each employee is different and appeal to their motivations to maximize production. Two, a good leader must possess integrity, honesty, fairness, job knowledge and a genuine concern for his/her subordinates.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Charismatic authority]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Education is a very important aspect in the life of a child. The level of success a student has in the classroom is greatly influenced by their teachers. Students, as well as their parents, depend on the teachers to guide them through their education. But who guides a teacher to perform successfully in the classroom. Principals and teachers play an important role in schools. A good relationship among school leaders and teachers is necessary and play an important role in making improvements in the school.... [tags: Leadership, Education, Teacher, School]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- In collaborative leadership, groups work together to promote and safeguard the process through shared leadership. Work is accomplished in coalitions, alliances, and partnerships. Collaborative leaders are driven to achieve their goal, but keep their egos in check. The passion is for the achievement, not to promote oneself. By listening carefully to others’ perspectives, they strive to understand and consider the views of others involved, even critics. Because of their ability to understand the needs of others, they seek win-win solutions (Sanders, 2014).... [tags: Leadership, Decision making, Decision theory]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Leadership, Traditional versus Transformational What should a leader look like. Important leaders, such as presidents and prime ministers, work hard communicate an impression of confidence and power. A leader, they assume, should look like a leader, and many of them hire an image specialist to learn how. Wherever they go, press agents, bodyguards, loyal assistants, and throngs of eager admirers follow in their wake. In the Bible, Matthew depicts Jesus as a true leader, a king in fact, however one who broke stereotypes.... [tags: Definition Analysis Leadership Leader Research]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- Corruption Is A Form Of Deviation From Socially Accepted And Desirable Behavior
- The Night - Original Writing
- A Leader Is The Most Important Leadership Theory
- Bureaucracy Is A Legal Rational Organization
- Leadership : A Global And Entrepreneurial Perspective
- The Importance Of Consideration Required For The Formation Of A Legally Enforceable Contract