his chapter will present a prologue to the area of interest for this thesis. Background knowledge will be provided to the reader in relevance to the research purpose and milieu of the problem
More than 250 million people are active Facebook users. More than 346 million people read blogs, and 184 million people are bloggers themselves. Twitter has more than 14 million registered users, and YouTube claims more than 100 million viewers per month. More consumers are connected than ever before and not engaging them in social media is a wasted opportunity, Zarrella, D. (2010:01).
Social media marketing was originally defined by Kotler and Zaltman (1971:05) as the design, implementation, and control of programs calculated to influence the acceptability of social ideas and involving considerations of product planning, pricing, communication, distribution, and marketing research.
Evans, D. and Bratton, S. (2008) defined social media as participatory online media where news, photos, videos and podcasta are made public, typically accompanied by a voting process to signal items considered popular. According to (Creative Market, 2014),social media marketing is one of the most effective ways to raise brand awareness and lead people to your company. Executed well, it can help you create a solid community, grow your business and enjoy success.
Fashion a multi- billion dollar industry, (TheNewYorkTimes, 2014) that influences the lifestyles of people all over the world. It forms a distinctive economic sector with the concept of luxury brands and its functionality running deep in its roots. It is a continuously growing industry which is selling fast and has a high appeal...
... middle of paper ...
...imited sources of academix research and literature on e marketing and social media strategies of fashion and luxury brands, making them fertile grounds for research. New social media tools presents new challenges for organizations looking to capture a global audience. The traditional marketing models that were used in the past do not fit anymore. In accordance, marketers need to react and find nouveau means of commincating with the consumers, to adapt their marketing strategies with changing times. However, owing to the relative newness of the subject, there is a lack of academic research and studies on organizations e-marketing behaviour . It is particularly interesting to note how companies enter social media sites as it can provide theoretical and practical knowledge to businesses, in order to guide them on undertaking appropriate actions while marketing online.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Market Usage of Social Media for Customer Engagement: A Wells Fargo Case Study Social media is at the core of many marketing plans for corporations in the United States and world-wide. One of these companies at the forefront of social media use is Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (Wells Fargo). The ability to directly contact customers and potential customers in a real time online environment is crucial to the bank / customer conversation and reinforcing the company’s place in a customer’s mind as the entity that they want to do business with (Wells Fargo Bank, 2014).... [tags: Social Media, Marketing Plans, Corporations]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Results Task 1: Analysis of Scholarly Journals and Articles on the Topic of Social Media Marketing The analysis of the scholarly articles and journals provided a large amount of information on social media itself and the effectiveness of using it as a marketing strategy. In the article “From Social to Sale”, the authors’ findings indicate that television advertising and e-mail marketing have a positive effect on consumer spending (Kumar, Ashish, et al). They also found that consumers with greater privacy concerns are less likely to participate in a company’s social media site.... [tags: Social media, Marketing, Facebook]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- 1.1 Background The rapid growth of the social media networking makes life different. According to the real time internet live statistics, the internet users in the world are now more than 3,338,000,000 and keep rising every day (Internet Live Stats, 2016). Social media like Facebook, Sina microblog (Weibo), Twitter, Instagram and YouTube are defined as the online communities which allow users to create and share their own content (Bolton et al., 2013). The faster and easier information exchange brings a new trend of marketing communication established and makes traditional peer to peer word of mouth spreading go online.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Facebook, Word of mouth]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Using social web is probably the most cost effective marketing tool available that allowed businesses to manage brand reputation, advertise, served customer, broadcast, and network (Fine, 2010). The social media has become a widespread phenomenon and global trend because of the popularity of Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook (Hinchcliffe & Kim, 2012). In the recent study conducted by LinkedIn, 94% of small businesses use social media as a marketing tool and 49% use it for research to grow business (Weiss, 2014).... [tags: Social Media Marketing]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction: In the early 1990s, internet was the buzzword. Its promise was heralded as ground breaking. Some entrepreneurs exploited the new opportunities it presented to create new businesses, transformed old industries, and also to destroy old businesses (laudon & Traver, 2010). There is no doubt that no company out there today would like to be the next Circuit City, or Borders. These are some of the companies that failed to adapt to the internet and web technology and were swept away by competition.... [tags: Social Media Marketing]
3038 words (8.7 pages)
- 1. Abzari, M., Ghassemi, R. A., & Vosta, L. N. (2014). Analyzing the effect of social media on brand attitude and purchase intention: The case of Iran Khodro company. Procedia - Social and Behavior Sciences, 143, 822-826. This paper focus on the effect of social media advertising on brand attitude and consumer purchase intention. Further, the influence of traditional advertising on brand attitude would be investigated as well to compare with the effect of social media advertising. A survey is developed and distributed to the customers of Iran Khodro company in Tehran, Iran.... [tags: Brand, Advertising, Marketing, Social media]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Solution Social media has become a significant part of marketing communication for small businesses to increase awareness (Montalvo 2011; Taneja and Toombs 2014). For craft breweries, there are many social media platforms available, but no data exists to tell craft breweries what the best social media site that they should mainly focus on for increasing brand awareness. To build and increase brand awareness, understanding what social media platform works best for craft breweries provides them to know what channels they should select as primary, secondary, and tertiary channels to invest time in social media more effectively.... [tags: Social media, Marketing, Social network service]
1045 words (3 pages)
- This study is conducted in order to determine the “effects of social media engagement to the UM CBAE students study habit and incidence of failing grade”. The definition of social media is “the relationships that exist between network of people” (Walter & Riviera, 2004). In the last ten years, the online world has changed dramatically. Thanks to the invention of social media, young men and women now exchange ideas, feelings, personal information, pictures and videos at a truly astonishing rate. Seventy-three percent of wired American teens now use social media websites (Oberst, 2010).... [tags: study habit, social media, failing grade]
2619 words (7.5 pages)
- A Use of Social Media in Businesses The study of Harvard Business Review Analytic Services (2010) showed some interesting facts. The research has been implemented by surveying 2,100 companies in 2010. It might be a little old, but its results are much understandable and authentic. It revealed 75% of companies did not have an idea where their customers were talking about. And, approximately 30% of them just have been using social media without measuring its effectiveness. It could look like that companies were struggling how to utilize social media in businesses at that time.... [tags: Marketing, Sociology, Social media]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- Critical Enquiry in Media and Communication – Research Topic How the use of social media has impacted producers/actors in marketing their movies to the audience. Social media marketing has become a very important tool in introducing a new act, concept or event to new audience and also in engaging the existing ones. It has also been very useful for targeting audiences for the more niche screenings and events. Social media has always been a medium for marketers to reach the masses and has been a very economical platform for marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Cinema of India, Film]
1634 words (4.7 pages)