InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) is the largest hotels group company worldwide and one of the leading company in the hospitality industry. This assignment will analyse IHG in twelve contexts: how it started as a brewery and moved to hotels and the hospitality industry, the number of branches they have and where they are situated, how the company helps the environment as well as how they embrace new technology and develop the industry, the rules or code of conduct that all employees should learn, what the group does to help and improve the local community and people, as well as some of the bad news that could damage this company, the main offices that control the branches and hotels, and finally, the final report from last year, 2015.
Background, Locations, and Environmental Sustainability
In 1777, William Bass built a brewery in Burton-On-Trent. Located 142 miles away from London, the Bass industry developed from one talented brewer. In 1960, Bass was acquired famous territorial brewing companies. Then, in 1988, it became a group called Bass Group; the group had moved to the worldwide hotel industry, buying Holiday Inn international. Moreover, they launched Crown Plaza hotels in 1994. 2000 was a turning point for the group, and they were acquiring Southern Pacific Hotels Corporation (SPHC) in Australia with Bristol Hotels & Resorts in the United States of America. Furthermore, Bass sold Brewers to a Belgian brewer for 2.3 billion pounds, and they changed the group name from Bass Group to Six Continents. Finally, in 2003, the label of the group changed to InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG, 2015). The headquarter of IHG was in Denham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom (Google, 2015). IHG has eight hotel brands: St...
... middle of paper ...
...Asia, Middle East, and Africa; finally, the Chinese market only made 11%. The full year dividend is increasing 10% to 58 pence (IHG, 2016).
IHG is a part of the hospitality industry; it made an enormous step for the development of the hotels and resorts sector, and this is not exempt from the presence of some mistakes in the operation and administration. Hotels and resorts division display the same product, but also how to attract people to come and stay in this hotel or resort. In this industry, there is an increase in the demand and competition. The nearest competitor of IHG in the industry of hotels and resorts is the Hilton Worldwide company where it began closer to the largest hotel group difference of 562 hotels for IHG which is the most massive hotel group company. The question is can IHG continue sitting on top of the largest hotels group or not.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- EExecutive Summary This report summarizes a statistical modeling of three types of hotels owned by People Box Hotels, Inc. With current locations across the United States, providing a short term stay in rural and urban hotels, as well as coastal resort properties. The Grimsley Consulting Firm is tasked with recommending the variables in which People Box Hotels should focus in maximization of profit through pricing strategies. People Box hotel has provided a random sampling of guest and company data over a five year period of time.... [tags: Hotel, Resort, Hotels, Motel]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- Marketing Strategy and Product Life Cycle in Hospitality As the marketing consultant for a hospitality management company, it is often my responsibility to define target markets for various restaurants and hotels. In fact, I have been tasked with creating a fictional hospitality operation, to utilize as an illustration to define a marketing strategy and target market. In addition, I must identify and analyze the product life cycle of an organization that has been in business for a minimum of twenty-five years.... [tags: InterContinental Hotels Group, Hotel]
703 words (2 pages)
- Hospitality & Tourism Marketing Strategy SATKAR RESIDENCY -Making Business a Matter of Pleasure... Name : CTH NO : Introduction Satkar Residency nestled in the heart of thane off eastern exp. highway,next to Cadbury company,which is called the city of lake,Thane.it offers truly world class facilities to both business and leisure travel guest. They have Plush banquets,an exclusive floor,conference rooms of varying proportions loaded with state of the are features, restaurants with master chefs and themes.... [tags: Hotel, Marketing, Hospitality industry, Hotels]
3637 words (10.4 pages)
- Fairmont Hotels and Resorts is a luxury hotel brand found all over the world and is known as a company to acquire the hotels that were the building blocks of cities across North America. From the Castle Properties in Western Canada, to the prestigious Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver, to the Savoy in London, Fairmont has created a truly unique and diverse luxury hotel brand to fit anyone’s style. Fairmont Hotels and Resorts was founded in 1907 with the first ever hotel with the Fairmont name attached to it being the Fairmont San Francisco.... [tags: Hotel chains, Hotel, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- Tensions are high and everyone is focused, which simply means everyone is close to winning the game. When it’s my turn, relief strikes as I roll a 3 and acquire the ore resource I’ve been patiently waiting to pick up for 3 rounds. I combine that ore with a wool and grain resource to purchase a development card. When I draw the card from the deck, my heart begins to race as I realize that I can pair this knight card with my other two on my next turn and win the game. While attempting to keep a firm poker face, I pass the dice to the next player and wait it out.... [tags: Game, Board game, Dice, The Settlers of Catan]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Hotels face constant changes within the tourism industry. Hotel companies must accommodate with these changes in order to stay afloat. From personal experience working in a hotel, I have noticed the main struggles for hotels are labor, revenue, customer satisfaction, and cleanliness. The Sun and Sea Hotel struggles internally with a large number of issues of which are having the business suffer immensely. Worst of all, some of these issues are notable to the hotel visitors, which in turn results in poor customer service.... [tags: Hotel, Customer, Customer service, Hotels]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Internship Organization History Hotel InterContinental San Francisco is under the InterContinental International Group, which is a multinational chain of hotels located in Europe, Asia, South Pacific, and North America, for 60 nations. InterContinental Hotels began its operations in 1946 as the hotel founded by Pan-American World Airlines. Since its inception, the hotel primarily targets customers for leisure and business purposes. With an added advantage of a flexible transportation system, Hotel InterContinental San Francisco also provides deluxe guest rooms, hospitable services, furnished conference facilities, and accommodations.... [tags: Organization, Housekeeping, Leisure]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Proposal for Hotels International Dear Mr. Covington: Subject: Proposal No. F-12841 for Hotels International, Regional Office-San Diego, CA. Fresh Appeal is honored to submit the following proposal to provide premier hotel, motel amenities for the personal care of your guests. Our company has been providing superior service to many of the leading hotel and motel chains across the United States since 1982. The Marriott, Hilton and Best Western are just a few of the chains to whom we provide quality products and service.... [tags: Business Proposal Hotels Essays]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- 1. Overview of the current market situation Airbnb is an online channel for people in order to list, seek and book accommodation though mobile application and website. It communicates people through travel experiences by providing more than 191 countries through lower cost and real experiences and activities as local people (Folger, n.d.). The number of travelers who stay with Airbnb hosts are rapidly increasing from 47,000 in 2010 to 17 million in 2015 in the Summer (Airbnb Summer Travel Report, 2015).... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Factor analysis]
1944 words (5.6 pages)
- MARKETING PLAN OBJECTIVE The main objective was to foster customer retention and loyalty increasing cross-property usage. The number of multi-property guest stays should be increased to 10% from the 5% rate experienced during the last year. MARKETING SITUATION Problem situation: Rosewood brand was muted, not very well known but it was not clear what is the best corporate branding strategy without destroying the value of each individually branded hotel and loosing a customer.... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis]
1441 words (4.1 pages)