Personally, I think this is Keith’s way of attempting to get attention from my grandpa and probably from the rest of the family, as well. Ever since I was little, I could remember me and my mom always get...
... middle of paper ...
...think I’ve ever seen Aunt Jessie in this house without a glass of wine in her hand, should I be concerned about that?
I’ve just realized that no one is making regular mashed potatoes this year; there are only the sweet potatoes with the little white marshmallows on top. I never truly understood that dish, who decided that sweet potatoes and marshmallows are good combination? I certainly will not be eating that. Honestly, I don’t particularly enjoy any of the “traditional” Thanksgiving food. I’ll probably just end up making chicken cutlets or,better yet, get Burger King later tonight. At this point, I just want everyone to eat dinner quickly, make coffee and eat dessert, and leave so I can come to your house to see what left-overs your family brings home! I have a really good feeling your mom made those waffle-like cookies that I love so I hope you saved some for me!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This creative writing class was one of my favorite classes, if not my favorite class of the semester because it let me expand on my writing and create more stories and poems. The writing assignments were one of my favorite homework assignments to do because I liked having prompts to give me options on what I could write about. I was rather stiff at first when it came to writing, but this class taught me how to be more lucid in my writing, and taught me some new strategies that have helped me better my writing.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writer, Short story]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Your name is Karkat Vantas and today so far is going absolutely terrible. Yesterday your shitty fucking group of so called friends betrayed you and dragged you camping. Now you are sitting in this cheap ass tent which you expect to break any moment now under the storm which has decided today was the perfect day to show up. You finally sit up and resolve yourself to a rainy day of bug bites when you notice the space next to you, formerly occupied with your best friend, was empty. Where the fuck is your clown.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Blond, George Carlin]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Dad It’s been awhile. “Tired of waiting for your call … don’t bother calling me back … ever again.” Those were the last words that I heard you say in the voicemail you left me… approximately three years ago. I did, however, call you back immediately. 3 times as a matter of fact. Twice before I played your voicemail right after I missed your call. Once more after I listened and couldn’t believe what I’d heard. I called you twice more in the following days. No answer. Apparently I had hurt you so bad by not calling you back sooner that you needed to cut off all contact forever (?) During that time I had a shit storm happening in my life … you may remember; separation moving towards divorce,... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Shit, Euphemism]
2123 words (6.1 pages)
- I'm Pregnant- Original Writing- "Incomplete Esssay" Background Information:- Young girl of sixteen called Cathy has found out that she is pregnant; she has decided to break the news to her long term boyfriend named Conner who is seventeen. Cathy is very nervous about the situation as she does not know how Conner is going to react. Cathy has known she is pregnant for a week but it has taken her this long to build up the courage to say something. To make matters worse her parents come from a strongly religious Catholic background which means if she tells her parents she could face having no moral support as sex before marriage is not approved and abortions are... [tags: Original Writing Personal Narrative]
454 words (1.3 pages)
- I was a pretty normal child. I like to play with friends and family. I would make up what I wanted to do and play house. I also liked to play supermarket. Librarian, and Doctor. I got to be whatever we wanted. It was all pretend though. As, I was watching the video’s for unit six, the video, Tales of Creativity and Play by Tim Brown reminded me of how I used to play. He talked about how we needed trust to play and trust to be creative. That makes sense. I usually only played with family. People how I trust.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writing process]
1844 words (5.3 pages)
- Writing is a very intricate skill that requires ample practice and exposure. For some, writing comes naturally with little to no dilemmas, however; for others writing is a rigorous task that imposes constant hindrances. Based on research findings, those who experience obstacles with writing tend to be overly focused on certain writing rules. In the article, Rigid Rules, Inflexible Plans, and the Stifling of Language: A Cognitivist Analysis of Writers Block, Mike Rose conducts a study on several college students.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Writing style, Writer]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Now, practically even better news than that of short assignments is the idea of shitty first drafts. All good writers write them. This is how they end up with good second drafts and terrific third drafts. People tend to look at successful writers who are getting their books published and maybe even doing well financially and think that they sit down at their desks every morning feeling like a million dollars, feeling great about who they are and how much talent they have and what a great story they have to tell; that they take in a few deep breaths, push back their sleeves, roll their necks a few times to get all the cricks out, and dive in, typing fully formed passages as fast as a court re... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writer, Literature]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- This article “Shitty First Drafts” by Anne Lamott help me understand that every good writer struggle to write their first draft and it might not be perfect at first but with a lot of dedication and effort everything could be done as expected. know that even the best published book started out with “Shitty First Drafts” help me to not be too critical to my first draft and having a little bit more confidences about my writing. I would apply this lesson whenever I have a writing assignment and I am get frustrated on how to start my essay, I would remember that all writers went through this stage of anxiety and not comfortable about their first draft.... [tags: Mind, Psychology, Writing, Brain]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Original Writing I can't have been more than about 3 at the time. This is the main reason I can't remember much about this particular time. From the snippets I do remember, I shall try to explain to you, my last few days before I had to leave Turkey to come to London. I didn't actually know that this day was going to be different from any other; but when you're 3 you don't actually have much control over what your day will be like so this was pretty much a given. My first memory of the day consists of the daily routines after you get up: washing your face, brushing your teeth.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Original Writing A crunch of pebbles as a perfectly crafted square of engineered metal falls to the beach. 5 figures crawl from their vessel onto a dreary beachhead. The rain beat down on a terrible Tuesday night. Silver, a man in his prime of physical fitness, shivered in the cold. Like lambs his men followed him intently, without question. In their minds, however, they were at home. With their wives and girlfriends, away from the war. Too many men have perished on this 2-mile stretch of coastline for man to contemplate, for a war that is yet to be understood.... [tags: Papers]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Humanity 's Effect On Global Warming And Climate Change
- Marx 's Theory Of Socialism
- Stealing The Hard Work Of Stars
- Nikki Giovanni : A Famous African American Activist, Writer, And Educator
- Police And Prosecutors Become Conditioned On Scripted Responses
- False Perceptions Aroused From The Belief Of Innate Ideas