When smallish organizations rely on e-mail to keep members up-to-date on the latest news and activities, problems immediately arise when one simple message generates many responses. As members respond to the replies, the discussion quickly turns into a disorganized mess that's impossible to follow.
When a really contentious issue arises, the discussion can consume hours of everyone's time, and nothing useful comes of it except angry members. I don't know about you, but I have a busy life, and the last thing I want to do is waste it sorting through conflicting threads in ricocheting e-mails.
Face-to-face meetings are not the solution. Expensive as well as a massive time sink in the best of circumstances, group meetings are impractical in an Internet world without geographic boundaries.
Many groups are turning to social networks such as Facebook to communicate. But even there, important topics are difficult to organize, and many folks are just plain afraid of Facebook and its like.
The far-better option: set up and run your...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media first started in 1979, with post to newsgroups and bulletin boards. Next came the chat room, which Compuserve introduced in 1980. Social networking may only be thirty-six years old but it this short time it has redefined our society. Most people within society may view the impact of social media to positive, but there are others, such as myself, which would argue social media is doing more harm than good because it is robbing us of our privacy, weakens our verbal communication skills with others and can become an addiction.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service]
1399 words (4 pages)
- From SnapChat to Instagram, our ever changing world has been flooded with social media. Almost 30 years ago the technology took the world by storm with the invention of the home computer system. The first known case of social media started with the Bulletin Board System, which allowed users to communicate where they could download files and send messages to other users. On August 6, 1991 that’s when everything changed with the creation of the World Wide Web otherwise known as the modern internet and by the mid-1990s, it was not going to slow down no matter how many people doubted it.... [tags: Social network service, MySpace, Facebook]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Throughout life, men, women, and youth meet people. These people will either leave a negative or positive effect on us and some will only be in our lives for a short period of time. However, once we start to lose contact with them questions arise and we begin to wonder: What does he/she look like now. ; Where has he/she been. ; How has he/she been. ; Why did we stop talking to one another. ; or what would our relationship be like if I had kept in contact with him/her. Well there is no need to wonder anymore.... [tags: Argumentative, Twitter, Facebook, social media]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- How to Use Facebook Ads to Jump Start Your Business Using Facebook ads has the potential to produce exponential growth when used in conjunction with other proven strategies. When the fact that Facebook has 1.28 billion monthly active users, it is clear to gain a lucid vision of the gold mine that it represents. If you have a business page on Facebook, then you are most likely aware of the multitudinous ways in which you can use your business page to promote your company; however, a significant amount of business owners fail to exploit the advantages associated with Facebook’s ad program.... [tags: Social media, Facebook]
714 words (2 pages)
- Not in the Bulletin “In the past, God spoke to our forefathers through the Prophets at many times and in various ways, but, in these last days, He has spoken to us by His Son whom He appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe.” (Hebrews 1:1) We are surrounded by sound waves and voices every moment of the day even though they are not visible.... [tags: Jesus, God, Bible, New Testament]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Facebook vs Twitter Compare and contrast Ganga Dahal Eng. 1010, Fall 2015 Facebook and twitter are the two different biggest social networking site. Millions of people from all over the world use this both site daily. This both networking site are used to get connected with friends, family and to track their celebrities. People also used this both networking sites to get updated about what’s going on over the world. To open Facebook and Twitter, peoples have to get sign up with their full name and email address, and they have to create a user name along with password.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Twitter]
706 words (2 pages)
- Instagram was founded in 2010 by Kevin Systrom. Kevin was born in 1983 in Holliston, Massachusetts. In 2006, he received a bachelor’s degree in management science and engineering from the University of Stanford. After graduating, he joined Google as “an associate product marketing manager. He spent two years at Google before leaving to join Nextstop. During his time at Nextstop, he made a prototype called Burbn and pitched it to Baseline Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz. They loved the idea, and as a result; he received $500,000 to build Burbn.... [tags: Facebook, Marketing, Social network service]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- The amount of negativity on Facebook and Twitter is ridiculous. On Facebook, the attacks tend to be on actors, politicians, athletes, and anyone else in the media at the moment that is currently garnering attention. The amount of negative posts right now towards both presidential hopefuls is overwhelming. It is shared articles as well as people posting comments that feel that their negative comments will somehow sway people to vote for the candidate that they approve of. I’ve already seen many people pleading with their Facebook friends to stop the political posts.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook, Attack!]
706 words (2 pages)
- Electronic bulletin board systems first started in 1980. Today, however, there are many social networks in use by millions of people around the world. Instagram,Vine, and Twitter are extremely popular ways to communicate with friends and family. Technology, today, helps many people learn and study new thing, but to some it is highly addictive and corrupted. It is harmful to be addicted to technology because of the impact of technology, the unhealthy lifestyle it creates, and the negative affects it has on the brain.... [tags: technology, social networks, skype]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Facebook vs Twitter In today’s century, social media allows us to communicate with allows and to see what the latest news in towns, cities, different states, and countries all over the world. This now plays an important role in our society. Social media is a communication source, resource, and enjoyable object that is ever changing and the need for this technology has increased dramatically. Facebook was created by 23-year-old Mark Zuckerberg in his college dorm room at Harvard University. The website was originally called “The Facebook” due to a poll that was passed around the school’s campus (Phillips A brief history of Facebook.) This website was hardly noticed at first, but now Faceboo... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook, Text messaging]
757 words (2.2 pages)