It was senior year, homecoming day. The day most people bringing their loved ones to a dance to share love, and have fun. Since it was my first and last homecoming, I decided to go with my boyfriend, Amralah, my two best friends, Tsion and Nazra. It took us a long time to put on our adorable dresses and our best makeup. I was a little late for the party, but when I got there, Amralah and his chatty friend were waiting for me. As I came in, I could hear them taking.
“I am ready for the night. I´m going to dance with a lot of girls”… said Kevin
“Oh I already have one”... said Amralah.
When I get into the gym it looked completely different. There was a DJ at the right corner with one hand in the air moving in a continuous motions and the other one on his laptop plays variety of music. There were Dim lights in every side of the room, which were producing green, yellow and red colors that gave a beautiful sensation for the night. The dance floor was filled with girls in miniskirts, sho...
... middle of paper ...
...ed out for a while. I did not know how to react. He went with her while my friends and his friend were there. He embarrassed me in front of my friends and his friend.
My heart was beating faster and my whole body was sharing. My face cheeks turn red and I felt my ears bearing. I couldn 't breathe right and I screamed so loud. I couldn 't control myself. The last thing I want to do was to stay and see his eyes again, so I left without saying goodbye.
I was heartbroken. I was both mentally and emotionally hurt. The day I thought will be the best day of my life turn to be the worst. The love I had tuned to be a hate. I felt battered and mistreated. Starting from that moment I become different. I could not trust any guy. Love faded away from my sole. I stop imagining romance. love become a story that exist in movies and music not in real life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Don Giovanni Opera in Modern Times Music has the capability to bring forth many emotions and feelings in a person. Depending on the tone and the melody of the music, emotions such as anger, joy, and grief may arise. For example, rap music, in general, brings forth emotions such as anger, frustration, and rage to a person's mind. Melodies such as Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On and Aerosmith's I Don't Want To Miss A Thing often arouse emotions of love, sadness, and hope; "lovey-dovey" feelings which remind a person of a past or current love.... [tags: Papers]
711 words (2 pages)
- When it comes to defining love one needs to take into account that there are numerous variations. It isn’t as simple as meeting someone, falling for them, then getting married. These books offer an incite into the many ways a person can love someone else. From the traditional courtly love, to the vilest, greedy love, the characters in Don Juan, Marie de France, Assemblywomen, and Faust go through the whole spectrum. The Lais of Marie de France is another way of saying your about to read short love stories.... [tags: Character Analysis]
2037 words (5.8 pages)
- Louise, the protagonist of Katherine Patterson’s Jacob Have I Loved, infuriates me. She fights against ghosts of what she wishes to be and against what she really is, kicking and screaming all the way. I don’t debate that she struggles with good reason -- certainly the neglect from her family, whether perceived or real, and the expectations her culture (I really want to say environment here) has placed on her gender role have contributed to her plight -- but her great inner strength and insight belies her inability to overcome or at least circumvent those obstacles. To me, she is a rebel with the sole cause of declaring her independence from her expected gender role. And, in that, I find... [tags: Jacob Have I Loved]
1888 words (5.4 pages)
- William Shakespeare’s play Hamlet is the dramatic story of a son who felt betrayed by both his mother, and the woman that he loved. Written in the Elizabethan era, around 1600, “Shakespeare's focus on Hamlet's intellectual conflicts was a significant departure from contemporary revenge tragedies… which tended to dramatize violent acts graphically on stage” (Hamlet). The play depicts Hamlet, the Prince of Denmark, who it visited by the ghost of his father, King Hamlet. The ghost reveals how he was murdered by his brother Claudius, who then claimed the title of King, and married Hamlet’s mother, Gertrude.... [tags: Hamlet, Shakespeare]
1398 words (4 pages)
- Who are you. Who am I. Do you know who you are. Are you positive with that answer. Change isn't always a positive experience to undergo. But the experience to undergo change can always affect something or someone's life. In the book, "Jacob Have I Loved," by Katherine Paterson, the main characters Sara Louise Bradshaw, McCall Purnee, sister Caroline Bradshaw and Captain Hiram Wallace face many obstacles in their life on Rass Island while experiencing the growth of fellow friend and family member, Sara Louise.... [tags: Jacob Have I Loved]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- The quote, derived from Machiavelli’s thoughts; “it is better to be feared than loved,” is supported by Beowulf in Beowulf and by Hrothgar in Grendel through their actions. Leaders have many choices to make; one of the most important choices is to decide if he prefers to be loved or feared by his followers. The main purpose of being a leader is to lead your followers into victory, rule your subjects and have a prosperous kingdom. So the question appears; is it better to be loved or feared. According to Niccolo Machiavelli “if you have to make a choice, to be feared is much safer than to be loved” (225).... [tags: Character Analysis ]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- The writings of Cervantes may have been influenced by the writings of Shakespeare, Petrarch, etc. regarding concepts such as the story-within-a-story and the tyrannical female image, giving them a spot in the classical genre. However, Don Quixote has received multiple criticism for its style of writing and ambiguity, but of course, like many other authors, Cervantes had a clear reason why there were mini-narratives surrounding the main one. Despite critics’ opinions that the stories in Don Quixote are irrelevant, Cervantes included the stories on purpose to develop Don Quixote’s character through themes such as deception/manipulation and delusion/imagination that are seen in the main narrati... [tags: cervantes, don quixote, dorotea]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Don Miguel de Cervantes’s Don Quixote is deemed as a timeless masterpiece for several reasons, one of which being how the personalities of characters not only drives the plot forward and appease the reader, but also causes the idle reader to deeply introspect. Cardenio is first introduced in Chapter XXIV as a heartbroken bipolar madman with astonishing speed and an animalistic appearance, but this characterization changes as he interacts with other characters and as the plot is driven forward. Comparisons between Cardenio’s character and actions can be easily made with that of Don Quixote.... [tags: Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes, Sancho Panza]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Introduction A Social Butterfly is used to describe someone that is popular. Often times those peoples are friendly. It is not always used to describe popularity alone; it could also be describing someone who is friendly to strangers. Social Butterfly is a person who’s good in socializing with others. “The big message is that your brain is reflecting your current social environment, and your social skills. Our brain is flexible and reflexing all of these behaviours”(Maryana Noonan 2013).... [tags: popular, friendly, anti-social person]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- The opening lyrics to America the Beautiful, �O beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain,� demonstrate how agriculture and wheat farming have been ingrained, to almost mythical proportions, as quintessentially �American� amongst citizens in the United States. As the Great Plains of the Midwest helped establish the U.S. as a major economic superpower throughout the twentieth century, the nation grew by distributing vast amounts of grain across the globe, providing those farming in the region both a secure and profitable existence.... [tags: Movie, Film]
6645 words (19 pages)