Obtaining a college degree plays an important role in empowering individuals thus allowing them to have enough insistence to drive themselves out of the situations that may be very tricky and difficult. In “How Much Is That Bachelor’s Degree Really Worth?” Mark Schneider stated that, “a college education paid through tuition is the best investment that a student can make in his or her future” (Schneider). To him, college education provides empowerment through knowledge that “lasts a lifetime” (Schneider). This knowledge offers an opportunity to question the authority about the negligence and immoralities. By so doing, the authority in question would strive to improve on service delivery to its citizens by observing fundamental rights and improving structures. This, in turn, will promote good governance that would subsequently lead to economic freedom and empowerment which are extremely important in a fair and just society.
Empowerment comes hand in hand with a strong civic position. A college degree not only helps become aware of the policies that gov...
... middle of paper ...
...these aspects make college education important for fair and just society even though not everyone attends college.
In conclusion, it suffices to say that one of the most important things in life is education. While education is often considered a venue for personal growth and development, its effects are likely to be felt throughout the society as a whole. College educated individuals are more tuned to make the society more fair and just because of the power of college education to empower, provide a strong civic position, and unify the society. Because of this, all efforts should be geared towards ensuring that as many members of the society as possible have access to college education. When all this is said and done the society would be able to move with speed to achieve the world’s most desired goals, aspirations that are engraved in millennium development goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Education is a powerful tool that supplies a plethora of information to anyone who is willing to learn. There are many degrees to being an educated person as education begins at birth and ends at death. Without education, society as a whole would seize to exist; the knowledge to invent new drugs to cure different diseases would not be available, new societies would not be built, and technology could not move forward. Education supplies people with the morals, beliefs, skills, and knowledge that they can utilize throughout their lives.... [tags: education, society, ]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- In general, people always thought that having a college education is a successful pathway for one’s life development. But what exactly does college education mean. Is college education really worth it. Will having college education really benefit people’s life. According to the online definition, it defines college education as a higher education which is “an optional final stage of formal learning that occurs after secondary education”. By definition, we can understand that college education is the highest stage of learning and the final learning stage before people step into the real adult career society.... [tags: Success, Life, Education, Schools, College]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- Why Is College Education So Important In Our Daily Lives. In today’s economy, having a good education can really define who we are especially when it comes to earning a college degree on any specified fields. Although, most people might oppose the idea that being successful doesn’t require a college education but comes in a variety of ways such as skills and talents based on who the person is. Depending on what background you came from, there are different reasons why we go to college. Most of us go due to career change/job position, increase our intellect/knowledge, not to be stigmatized, playing as a role model either to our children or even someone that we care of.... [tags: High school, College, Higher education, Education]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- Education is a concept that is synonymous with anyone one that is living a good life. It is believed that in order to live a prosperous life that members of this society must first obtain a good college education. But how can education be considered a founding block of success when only the privileged enjoy the benefit of a proper education. A large percentage of undocumented immigrants arrive to this country because they want their kids to be able to attend a good school and receive a proper education but that is not always the case.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Teacher]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- In the current era that America is in Education plays a vital role not only in childhood but all the way into adulthood. The way society has been morphed education is commonly thought to be the only way to be successful in life, according to some studies the current economic state of the united states has caused more students to believe getting a higher education is vital to their success and is the only way to live comfortable lives. Ultimately the decision to attend college rises every year due to the increase of jobs that require a college degree and the desire to be financially secure in a recovering economy.(UCLA) Furthermore, higher education plays a very critical role in the younger g... [tags: Higher education, Education, University, College]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- One can gain insight through participation and observations of lectures. The concepts that I grasped are based on the individuality and interest of various topics and how I perceive them. Through taking the course of Sociology of Education I have been able to read and conceptualize how prominent education is in the United States; therefore projecting that education is an important tool the modern world correlates with success. Individuals that subject themselves to receiving an education through research validate that they can reach their optimal potential.... [tags: Sociology, Education, Teacher, School]
712 words (2 pages)
- Discussing the Cost of a College Education In a world where money has become the most important factor, it is critical that the cost of higher education is talked about publicly. In America, the cost to attend a public four-year college is outstanding, the numbers only growing when talking about a private college. A shocking number of students are left coming out of college with no money and thousands of dollars in debt. This epidemic requires change immediately. When the time comes for students to start their search for their ideal college, many parents of students are surprised to discover the high cost of attending a university.... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- The Importance of College Education Young adults today are questioning whether or not they should expand their education after high school. With the scare of student debt, many students after receiving their diploma tend to believe they do not need to continue their education to become successful individuals. They think they are making a wise decision by avoiding student loans and debt; however, in order to succeed, students have to go to college to gain the knowledge and skills that are required in the workforce today.... [tags: Higher education, College, University, Education]
1388 words (4 pages)
- The Importance of Education in Our Society In our culture today, there is a huge emphasis on education, especially higher education. Society basically says the more educated you are, the better off you are. That is pretty much true if you live by the means of society. The basic idea that education, especially a college education, is something that people should pursue even into their adult years is not by any means a new idea. Every society has specialized individuals who fulfill certain positions that require extended education.... [tags: Education Society]
1635 words (4.7 pages)
- A College Education: Did you know that now is the perfect time to seek a college degree and reep the rewards of such an accomplishment. Studies show that in 2008 alone, more adults are finding themselves enrolled in college classes. In a fearless effort to fit in with society many adults have targeted college degrees to gain the success they seek after. This success is both abroad and personal to college graduates. A College Education provides Rewards for ones’ Future; people who earn degrees market themselves for Earning a College Degree, Long-Term and Short-Term Career Goals, Lifestyle Choices and Financial Growth.... [tags: College Education Benefits]
1671 words (4.8 pages)