Introduction and preface to the problem
Web privacy is a key web security concern to almost all the internet users now a days. Lapses in Web security essentially possessing the threat to the privacy loss. All the information related to the personal identity, web browsing history, web activities are some of the essential key concerns that people loose during the web privacy attack. Information revolution spurred in the recent times added to the significance to the problem severity. The ease in the access to the personal information coupled with the ready availability of the personal data made the web privacy attack more and more vulnerable. Web privacy problem stems from two important reasons in general, one is the inherently open, non-deterministic nature of the web as well as the complex leakage prone information flow of many web based transactions involving the transfer of the sensitive personal +information (Jackson,2006).
Diverse ways of the web privacy breach:
The two most popular modes of the personal information storage and dissemination are due to the e-commerce developments, where the business processes captures the information of the user’s personal identity and which will be further available on their storage systems. Any lapse in the web security of these storage systems will make large pool of personal information available to a number of people. Apart from that other key concern of the information is the information available on web through digital governance and digital government formats. During the information storage on the digital governance, any lapse in the web security if exists lot of information will be available to the third parties. There are a number of possible ch...
... middle of paper ...
...avel with the data and they will set the access protection dynamically.
Cranor, L. (2002). Web privacy with P3P. " O 'Reilly Media, Inc.".
Eltoweissy, M. Y., Rezgui, A., & Bouguettaya, A. (2003). Privacy on the Web: Facts, challenges, and solutions. IEEE Security & Privacy, 1(6), 0040-49
Felten, E. W., & Schneider, M. A. (2000, November). Timing attacks on web privacy. In Proceedings of the 7th ACM conference on Computer and communications security (pp. 25-32). ACM.
Jackson, C., Bortz, A., Boneh, D., & Mitchell, J. C. (2006, May). Protecting browser state from web privacy attacks. In Proceedings of the 15th international conference on World Wide Web (pp. 737-744). ACM.
.Kruegel, C., & Vigna, G. (2003, October). Anomaly detection of web-based attacks. In Proceedings of the 10th ACM conference on Computer and communications security (pp. 251-261). ACM.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction New information technologies change the way society lives. This is why the tax authorities cannot remain outside such changes. Since the year 2005 the Tax Administration System (SAT Servico de Administracion Tributaria), which is the Mexican IRS, has been introducing and applying new information technologies with the objective of a better, faster and safer way of fulfilling its obligations with taxpayers. One of the most controversial tools the SAT started using is the Electronic Signature (FIEL Firma Electronica).... [tags: privacy, security, biometric features]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- In this modern era, smart-phones have achieved computing and networking capabilities that has increasing the overall demand of apps among the users. The widespread availability and quantity of downloadable apps has often given rise to the substantial security and privacy concerns. Rather than using mobile web, individuals are spending more time using mobile apps. So, security and privacy are the major responsibilities for businesses involved in mobile apps development. With the launch of iOS 7 and iPhone 5S, Apple has surely started the debate of mobile security again.... [tags: apps, privacy, security, technogy]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- Privacy: Security, Confidentiality, or Convenience. INTRODUCTION The evolution of the Internet started from the department of defense's project, and rapidly distributed to world wide. With the rise of the Internet age comes with the benefits and the concerns. Because of the easeness to communicate information and displaying data, the first amendment needs to be applied to this communication channel. How are we using and communicating information without offending and harm others. Since the evolution of the Internet, there has been acts from Congress to regulate the use the Internet such as the Communications Decency Act in 1996 and the Child Online Protection Act in 1998.... [tags: Internet Privacy Secure Cyberspace Essays]
3152 words (9 pages)
- With everyone joining the online world your privacy is at even greater risk then ever before. The internet has become part of our everyday lives, from social networking to online transactions. Your privacy is threatened every day. However is our privacy threatened by our own government. According to the pew research data 56% of Americans say that it is acceptable for the NSA to run through millions of Americans phone records in order to prevent terrorism. (Pew Research Center) Many people still believe that the government has no business in our lives, yet many people including our government invade our digital privacy.... [tags: Privacy Identity Management]
1044 words (3 pages)
- SECURITY AND PRIVATE ISSUES IN ECOMMERCE INTRODUCTION: Privacy means that the control over data and security of one is the attempt to access the data by other unauthorized . These are two critical issues facing by both consumers and e-commerce sites alike. Since the invention of the World Wide Web , electronic commerce based on the Internet has grown from a simple idea into reality. Consumers browse through catalogs , finding the best deals, order goods and pay electronically .... [tags: Privacy, Data Control, Security, Consumer Sites]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- Introduction to Network Security Have you ever been surfing the web and received a popup alerting there has been a threat detected. If so, you are not alone. This is a very common issue many people and organizations face. In order to resolve or prevent such issues, it is key to learn about the security of your network. Network security is the protection of networks that help secure files and directories of a computer. It helps protect the user from hackers, virus attacks, misuse and prevents unauthorized access.... [tags: Information security, Computer security]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- Security and Privacy in Social Media Technology has advanced tremendously over the past decade, and appears to be advancing at a rapid pace each and every day. The social media is growing just as rapidly. Social media is an interaction between individuals that want to exchange information, photographs, and ideas in different types of networks. Social media users include people of all ages. These people have various experiences, have different cultures, and have various technical skills. (Brandtzaeg 1008) The social media depend on net-based technologies to generate the network for users to share.... [tags: social networking, technology]
1591 words (4.5 pages)
- The Homeland Security Act of 2002 impacted the American people without many of them realizing it. The act called for increased monitoring of computer networks, phone lines, and online history inside the United States and allowed the government to deport suspects (ACLU). What was created by the act has snaked its way into all aspects of our lives, creating a sense of order and restricting some freedom. However, some say that this imposition into our daily lives limits our freedoms and actions allowed us by the Constitution.... [tags: National Security]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Security threats in IoT Different types of security attacks in Internet of Things 1. Cloning of Things Cloning is making the similar physical and behavioral copy of existing thing. Cloning of things in Internet of Things is making the device that holds the exact behaviors of the existing device in the market. By cloning things any manufacturer can make things and include the properties of the things like physical configurations or behaviors. In Internet of Things devices interact with humans as well as other devices to share the information.... [tags: cloning, eaves dropping, ]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Privacy of Personal Information on the Internet Introduction What is privacy. According to Webster’s Dictionary the following is the definition of privacy : “Secrecy; or one’s private life or personal affairs”. A Person has information that he does not want to share or does want to share to with everyone. This is a right of an individual and the violation of this right is called invasion of privacy. The concept of privacy converts to the notion of information in the world of internet. Information in this case might constitute to email address, credit card number, social security number etc.... [tags: Web Cyberspace Private Essays]
2152 words (6.1 pages)
- The Impact Of Genghis Khan And His Horde Of Mongol Followers ' Conquests
- The Different Theories Of Intelligence
- Ethics Of Sports Within Athletic Competition Today
- The Behavior Of Dogs Has Changed Over The Years
- Who Is The Best Fit For Me?
- Jane Austen 's Views Of Society And The Power Structure Of England