Climate change is taking a back seat to many of our issues faced today. With temperatures fluctuating more often, people will continue to be sick or become sick. For example, we are starting to see that seasons are coming earlier, which has already caused an increasing number in respiratory illnesses. Also researchers believe that these issues are at an early stage in the development, and many of the effects will not become predominate for decades to come. “Health systems need to consider climate in terms of natural disasters and fluctuations in disease burden.”(Bulletin of the World Health Organization, November 2007, 85) The change in temperatures could start or cause droughts, and floods that could lead to water related diseases. Changing temperatures affect communities in a number of ways, not just at an individual level. Weather events such as natural disasters can affect an entire country through injury or malnutrition.
Public health is just one piece of the array of impacts of climate change, but as quoted by Andy Haines, Professor from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, “I think the risk of endangering health increases motivation on decision makers because there would be many benefits that strengthen the case for acting now.” In order to bring awareness to how climate change is affecting public health, countries ...
... middle of paper ...
...rking to keep greenhouse gases at low enough levels to ensure that the climate remains unchanged (National Resource Council, 2010). The UNFCCC believes that they can be successful in reducing greenhouse gases, but only if all nations are participating members within the organization. Members are mandated to report their national volume of emissions and removals, this allows the UNFCCC to monitor its progress. This may seem difficult for some countries to formulate since greenhouse gases are emitted from multiple activities, but the large majority of gases come from very few activities. With sufficient funding to help developing countries obtain accurate census of their emissions, the UNFCCC will be able to track actual progress made internationally. With the nations unionized to combatting the climate change, we are positively impacting public health across borders.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This stage called the dissipating stage. Because the air sink so the ground will have a lot of downward force wind called wind shear or microburst. These will produce very bad influence on airplane if the airplane want to landing or the airplane altitude is low because of the very rapidly downward force, it will make the airplane crashed on the ground easily. Sometimes because of the winds it will blow the thunderstorm and it will produce the lateral clouds out of the thunderstorm at the top of it, this clouds usually produce the hail so when the airplane found a thunderstorm it's not wise to cross under the thunderstorm clouds.... [tags: flight, aviation, turbulence,]
3296 words (9.4 pages)
- Weather and Technology Weather has been almost an unpredictable element that the world faces every day. Predicting weather has almost been impossible until technology came into the picture. There have been big technological breakthroughs with satellites and radars that help forecasters predict future weather conditions all around the world. Technologies has advanced throughout the years and are continuing to become more advanced today. Technology has helped scientist understand the most dangerous natural disasters in the world to help protect the public and allow society get to a safe location when the time is necessary.... [tags: essays papers]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Snow and Cold Weather My essay will focus on the topic of snow and the cold weather that happen during our Minnesota winters and how that affects us in our everyday life. I will begin with the water freezing which happens often in this area when the water freezes you can’t take showers, do the dishes, flush the toilet, or even cook and it can also be very costly to have repaired. Also many car accidents occur during the winter months due to the sloppy and icy road conditions caused by freezing rain and snow which can give you very little control while you are driving a few of these accidents result in death or serious injury.... [tags: essays research papers]
359 words (1 pages)
- On October 27, 2003, the Sun came off the heels of emitting some massive, X-class solar flares. Just the day before, at both 650 and 1815 UTC, the Sun launched two flares from sunspots 486 and 484, respectively. They were expected to create aurorae after striking Earth’s magnetic field sometime on October 28. Little was it known at the time that this event would pale in comparison to what was coming in only a matter of days, if not hours (Phillips, 27 Oct.). The next day, October 28, at 1110 UTC, the Sun emitted a massive X17.2 solar flare, which registered third all-time in recorded history.... [tags: soho satellite, solar flares, proton storm]
1048 words (3 pages)
- As a popular vacation destination, the Hawaiian islands are well known for their predictable and relatively mild weather year round. However, there are wide variations in the weather depending on the exact location in the island chain. Also, there are some unique hazards to aviation operations caused by Hawaii’s location and geography that one must become acquainted with before operating an aircraft in the 50th state. One can encounter trade winds and their associated weather, temperature inversions and their effects, volcanic eruptions, high winds, heavy rain, and tropical cyclones.... [tags: Geography ]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- In many cases society has tried to tell you that prostitution is bad, weather it is through movies, books, religious text and many other influential aspects of society, due to the nature of the people who they portray in the act. I believe if people were properly educated into the science of sex, having sex for money would not be considered such a bad thing. When I attended prep school, I met many other kids from Europe, and let’s sat they were a little more comfortable with their sexuality, and in a few of their countries prostitution was even legal.... [tags: Human sexuality, Sexual intercourse, Marriage]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Our road crews seem unprepared and don’t know exactly how to handle the situation. The crews that are in charge of maintaining a safe road way can make things worse, if they do not diligently do their jobs. This was very evident last week. The weather report was calling for overnight temperatures to be in the low twenties accompanied by rain. The low temperatures and rain were going to become a big headache for the Texas Department of Public Safety, otherwise known as DPS. Many of our highways are elevated and freeze quickly.... [tags: temperature, slippery, freezing]
688 words (2 pages)
- ... To help prevent EHI players in the affected areas are only allowed 2 hours of full contact training per week, also players have to have a 3 day camp to acclimatize themselves to the heat of the summer, the same rapid response team is called to a heat stroke as a heart attack as a result of the increase of casualty rates caused by EHI. What areas are affected the most. Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas are the four overall best states for college football but they are also the most affected by climate change these are states that are projected to experience 150-180 days a y... [tags: global warming, health concerns]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Child welfare systems are often time broken, and children are getting harmed as an outcome. Children that have been abused by their biological families are often removed from their families by the state to protect them from further harm. However, while under the care of the state, some foster children get further harmed. The Adoption and Safe Families Act requires that every state report the rate of foster children who were abused by a foster parent or facility staff. These children are trusting that they are in these care facilities to feel loved, protected and safe but once placed in a foster care you aren’t always definite to be safe from abuse.... [tags: Child abuse, Abuse, Domestic violence]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Teens need to be taught that driving is a task that is complex and demanding. Parents know how much experience a young driver has, and they know exactly how inconvenient it is when they have to drive with their teen everywhere while they have their permit. Teens tend to cause most traffic accidents in adults’ eyes. They are not experienced yet, and often fail to pay attention to others on the road. They often think of a car as being some type of toy, but they do not know how powerful it really is.... [tags: driving, young driver, traffic accidents, habits]
1145 words (3.3 pages)