Good Grammar in the work place is very important. Without good grammar the work place wouldn’t be as repeatable as they want to be. Grammar is important in the work place because the employees need to sound as educated and intelligent as they can. Kyle Weins states that having good grammar shows intelligence. Having good grammar, according to Kyle Weins, shows that people can be organized in grammar and in tasks unrelated to grammar. Because of the internet, the grammar rules are changing. Correct grammar in the work place is important because if you work in a job that is like Kyle Weins’s company; the employees need to have good grammar because detail is very important to his company (Weins). Proper grammar in the work place shows that the employees are intelligent and recommends respect. Adam states that if you look for correct grammar while listening to other people; it shows that you are listening to the person and are thinking about what you are going to say. Correct grammar in the work place is very important, because it shows intelligence in the employee and will benefit the whole company (Adams).
To be a successful police officer, you need to be in top physical condition, have good judgment, and have good com...
... middle of paper ...
...rove your grammar even if you are not in college anymore. There are many grammar practicing websites and games you can play to make it fun. Having good grammar is a very important part of having a successful professional and academic career.
Adams, Susan. "Why Grammar Counts At Work." Forbes. 20 Jul 2012: n. page. Web. 29 Oct. 2013. < http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2012/07/20/why-grammar-counts-at-work/ >.
Weins, Kyle. "I Won't Hire People Who Use Poor Grammar. Here's Why." Harvard Business review. 20 Jul 2012: n. page. Web. 29 Oct. 2013. < http://blogs.hbr.org/2012/07/i-wont-hire-people-who-use-poo/ >.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Police and Detectives, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/police-and-detectives.htm (visited October 29, 2013).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Proper grammar in a workplace is vital. When speaking or typing our expressions are shown. Without using word efficiently, words tend to become false or misleading. The purpose of school is to educate us on the values needed in our future careers. Grammar was something stressed throughout all grades along with classes. In just about any classroom, proper grammar is expected when writing, presenting and even talking to someone of higher authority. Proper grammar is essential in a workplace to save money, save face and save time.... [tags: Communication, Management, Grammar]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Descriptive grammar is the set of rules on how people actually use the language; but the important part is the rules over history for Standard English, which is known as prescriptive grammar. Prescriptive grammar is used more as an aid to learning grammar because it is what editors and teachers think people should use when speaking and writing. The teachers and editors are the ones who are said to make up the prescriptive grammar rules now (Cruzan). Since then prescriptive grammar has changed throughout time because language has changed.... [tags: Linguistics, Grammar, Education]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Good Usage is Simply Correct Grammar What is good use. Does it even matter. Those are not easy questions to answer. Is good use just simply using correct grammar or is everyone who is using it just trying to speak above everyone else. What I mean by "trying to speak above others" is using large words, which you normally would not use, just to sound more intelligent than you actually are. I think the type of usage a person uses depends on the audience, the topic, and why the person is writing. Why does good usage have to involve more than just those items.... [tags: Teaching Writing Education Essays]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- ... The impressive diction makes you sound smarter and reliable, the proper grammar makes you seem like a person with a great work ethic, who likes to have everything perfect, and the appropriate email address shows how professional you are, because as a boss or client I rather have a person with an email address like “firstname.lastname@example.org” than “email@example.com”. Although writing for fun and with an audience of your friends seems like proper grammar and diction isn't very important you may want to reconsider this.... [tags: spell check, reputation, diction]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- “LOL” and “BRB” are common uses of words that we utilize in our communication. These phrases create a simplicity to our writing and provide enough information to convey our point. While this form of communication would get straight to the point in a general conversation, it is certainly unprofessional in a different perspective. With supporting texts from “The Joy of Texting” by Lynne Truss and “I Won’t Hire People Who Use Poor Grammar. Here’s Why” by Kyle Wiens, they defined clearly that these types of casual writing can ultimately become detrimental in our professional careers.... [tags: Writing, Grammar, Writing process, Communication]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Correct Software Chosen for Tasks The tasks I had to do were to create a presentation to the managers of Future Fashions, create a Web Page and an Application Form. I then had to complete reports stating what I had done. To create my presentation I used Microsoft PowerPoint. This application enabled me to create a slide show containing information about the different ways of advertising the ICT Administrator post in the company. To create my Web Page and my Application Form I used Microsoft FrontPage, as this is a Web Page management Application that specialises in creating Web Pages.... [tags: Papers]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- I believe that grammar is intended to assist the person speaking or reading a set of text. Teaching grammar to students is important because without grammar, sentences and words themselves would not make sense when reading or speaking it. Grammar instruction can be insightful for students, who may be able to speak properly but cannot flow their writing well enough for their life without readable grammar. Grammar is important to living everyday life in modern day American culture. It should be taught in a safe environment where students are comfortable to learn.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Concept, Student]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Communicating as a Professional Before an organization hires an employee to work for them they have to feel confident that the employee can communicate effectively. Communication is an ongoing struggle in the workplace, but is a necessary skill for an employee to be successful. To communicate successfully as a professional requires understanding effective grammar and writing skills, possessing knowledge of the communication requirements for a chosen profession, and recognizing personal communication strengths and weaknesses.... [tags: Writing, Communication, Employment]
713 words (2 pages)
- BEST PRACTICES IN PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION The advent of the internet has fostered many different ways to communicate with others. These various forms of communication have allowed people to be more connected than ever before. It is also the reason people communicate in an abbreviated form. Research shows businesses still care about proper writing and good communication skills. It is in every employee’s best interest to learn the best practices in business communication. That, in and of itself, will help employees become invaluable to companies.... [tags: Employment, Communication, Writing]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- The Use of Computers in the Professional World The computer age has come to be the answer to the quest of the paperless office in the modern world. Many professionals are required to have a literacy of some level of the computer packages that institutions and companies have. Even the small time briefcase salesperson or entrepreneur use computer packages and software for their day to day running of their businesses.... [tags: Papers]
782 words (2.2 pages)