Topic: Understanding Islam is about anything understanding Islam wise
Modern man wants to understand everything. He has reached beneath earth as well as explored skies above the sky. His thrust of understanding is not limited. It includes everything which needs to be understood. Islam is the most preaching religion of world at present. Therefore, Efforts are being made to have better understanding of Islam. Consequently, In order to understand Islam one has to understand everything Islam wise.
Origin and understanding of Islam:
Understanding of Islam and origin of Islam are interrelated with each other. The history of Islam covers about the religion of Islam and his followers known as Muslims. The commencement of Islam was from Arab. The tribe of Quresh was in power to whom our beloved prophet Muhammad (PUBH) belonged. Muhammad (saw) belonged to the clan of Quresh who were the guardians of Makkah. Islam preceded when the revelation came to holy prophet (PBUH) by the angel Gabriel in 610. The rise of Islam was gradually increased specially in 628 when treaty of hudabiya was signed. It was the beginning of peace. History elucidates in 630 Muslims conquered Makkah, later on few battles were fought such as battle of Badr, battle of Yarmook, battle of khandaq all were conflicted during the period of Holy prophet (PBUH) and under the adjure of Muhammad (SAW). Islam rose during the Muhammad (saw) era which later was flourished by caliphates. All four caliphates worked on progressing Islam. Hazrat Abu bakr and Hazrat Umar guided Islam till their last breath so Hazrat Ali and Usman. later on uleya karam assisted in progressing Islam specially in sub-continent.
The understanding of Islam is really imperative. It ...
... middle of paper ...
...more valid and momentous after the quran. Like quran, it is complete way of life. It guides you best principles and concept of life. Some hadith are referred to as recommendations and some are compulsory to follow. Hadith was gathered during the golden time of prophet (PBUH) which incorporated two parts, a chain of narrators who is reporting hadith. Hadith is one major component of understanding Islam by islamwise. Allah is the creator and the Islam emphasizes on two things which are responsibilities and pillar of Islam. The duties and obligations of one’s family, the responsibilities of neighbors, the duties of whole mankind. The five pillar of Islam are important for understanding Islam. First is to worship none other then ALLAH and to believe Muhammad is the last prophet of allah. Pray five time a day with purity and cleanliness. Pay Zakat and keep fast in the holy
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Non-Muslims usually have their own understanding and misconceptions about Islam as a religion. These misconceptions include: the belief that Muslims seek to worship a different God from other religions do; all Muslim women go through oppression; Islam is only practiced in the Middle East, and most Muslims support terrorism. Islam is, however, defined as peace and submission to God (Griffith, 2012). The population of people practicing Islam in the world is estimated to be more than a billion with a majority of them inhabiting the Middle East, North Africa, and Southern Asia.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Religion, Sharia]
1776 words (5.1 pages)
- In today’s world, given the turmoil that sometimes seems to be caused by religious differences, it is easy to see each religion as a monolithic entity existing separate from other religions, and thus representing starkly polar worldviews. Often, such notions arise as a result of not utilizing a cultural studies approach towards studying religion, which is arguably the best approach for understanding the role of religion in one’s daily life. The cultural studies approach, which examines the particular context in which one interprets his or her religion, is particularly important when it comes to understanding religions like Islam, whose adherents come from vastly different backgrounds.... [tags: Interpret Islam]
2004 words (5.7 pages)
- Importance of Understanding Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in Nursing There are many diverse religions in the United States but the three major Abrahamic religions are Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. In the nursing field, it is valuable to have a good understanding of the basic beliefs of the three major Abrahamic religions because they are the most common religions in the United States and it gives nurses a better understanding of the patients and facilitates the nurses in giving the patients better care.... [tags: Judaism, Christianity, Religion, Islam]
1395 words (4 pages)
- To understand the development of the religion Islam, one must look at the historical demographics of culture and politics to be able to view its similarities to other monotheistic religions as well as sort through its differences. As one sorts through the rise of Islamic power, they will come to find very many similarities to both the Christian and Jewish faith. According the Quran which is the sacred writings of Islam, the prophet Muhammad was the last prophet in the lineage of Adam and Abraham who was given the purpose to fix the distortions among Christianity and Judaism (Gonzalez, The Story of Christianity 260).... [tags: Islam, Jesus, Muhammad, Qur'an]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- Thomas W. Lippman's Understanding Islam Thomas W. Lippman gives an introduction to the Muslim world in the book Understanding Islam. He has traveled throughout the Islamic world as Washington Post bureau chief for the Middle East, and as a correspondent in Indochina. This gave him, in his own words, "sharp insight into the complexities of that turbulent region." However, the purpose of the book is not to produce a critical or controversial interpretation of Islamic scripture. It is instead to give the American layman an broad understanding of a religion that is highly misunderstood by many Americans.... [tags: Thomas Lippman Islam Essays]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- The purpose of life; Judaism Judaism is a monotheistic and transcendent religion , with its religious paradigm being the covenantal relationship established between the Children of Israel and God. The focus of Judaism is on spiritual actions that can be communal and/or individual, as a pose to an emphasis being on personal salvation. The Jewish concept of Tikkun Olam (“Fixing the World”) , works through anticipation of the messianic era; the age in which people will live in the world to come, known as the ‘Olam HaBa,’ after strenuous work in elevating the current physical world (‘Olam HaZah’).... [tags: Compare Contrast]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Most people know little or nothing about Islam, they have many misconceptions about Muslim beliefs and rituals. Regardless, Islam has gained a large following and is the second largest religion in the world. Hopefully some of the questions about Islam, Sunni Islam in particular, will be answered through research and a visit to the Islamic Center of the Inland Empire. This paper will cover the history of the religion, the history of Al-Masjid al-Ha ram or “The Holy Mosque", the art, the religious meeting, and personal views of a religious leader.... [tags: Al-Masjid al-Ha ram, The Holy Mosque]
2083 words (6 pages)
- As a psychology major, I decided to add a cross cultural studies minor not only because it would be beneficial for my career, but because I want to be able to understand what individuals believe and how it effects them emotionally and spiritually. This course has specifically help me grasp the concept of exactly what it is that religions believe, and I think that in the future when I am in the field I will be able to relate with people better. Throughout the span of this semester I have learned so many valuable lessons that I want to continue to expand my knowledge in.... [tags: Islam, Culture, Knowledge, Understanding]
1056 words (3 pages)
- Throughout the teachings of Islam in Comparative Religion I found myself viewing Islam differently. I have always had an open mind about religion and respected the differences throughout world religions. However with Islam, I found myself challenged when trying to respect their beliefs. I had felt like I knew everything that I needed to know about Islam and what I did know was taught to me through media and various people who were scared of the religion because of what little they knew. I had no motivation to learn anything different from what I had already been taught.... [tags: Islam, Religion, Major religious groups, God]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- In the previous chapter the discussions on the theoretical understandings of securitisation when it applies to Islam and Muslims, and the international perspectives of governmentality of Muslims as well regional categorizations as the illustrations of governmentality have presented. In this section the discussions turn to the securitisation of Islam, and governmentality of Islam in the Ethiopian state by thoroughly examining the existing challenges for the attainment of Muslim rights despite the changes in the political and social structure, and the alarming narratives of the ‘global war on terror’ by zooming its impacts to the regional and local levels taking Ethiopia as the case.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Ethiopia, Muhammad]
1164 words (3.3 pages)