Hey Tina, It has come to our concern about your tardiness and absence and it has poorly affected our group. We need you to be here, up and ready to work in order for the yearbook succeed and even yourself if you want a good grade. So please attend the early work days and nights. Thanks. ☺ I smiled to myself and hit send. This would show her whose boss. Five seconds later, I got a text back from her.
My face fell. I didn’t know if she was actually sincere or if she was just mad. I said it the nicest way possible, why couldn’t she say it nicely back? The next week when we had an early morning workshop, she wasn’t there. Because I had texted her rather than talking to her in person, the message didn’t...
... middle of paper ...
...y has provided for us. We live in a world where something unimaginable is becoming possible. I do admit that I am guilty of all the things above, but once I realized how cell phone usage was distracting my relationships with friends or by the way I would get annoyed when they would use their phones, I needed to change. It’s a hard transition, sometimes I catch myself sending a quick text message while in the middle of a conversation, but I have grown better. Because of this, I have grown closer to the relationships I’ve previously had, and made new relationships at a coffee shop because I wasn’t always glued to my phone. It is finally time to start unplugging from the technological world and plug right back in to the real world. You will be amazed by how beautiful campus looks when you look up from your phone, even when the snow is blowing harshly against the wind.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- • New Light should never shake old truth; however, it should not be rejected because it is new. I want to implement this into my life by accepting truth based on the its legitimacy in the Biblical cannon, and not simply reject it because it does not hold to my pre-conceived ideas of what truth is. I want to focus on how I can study more thoroughly different points of view to see if they are in harmony with the Scripture, understanding that truth in and of itself never changes. • We must study the Scriptures for ourselves and simply not accept other people’s interpretations.... [tags: Bible, Religious text, Biblical canon]
1044 words (3 pages)
- In his prominent 1961 Inaugural Address, John F. Kennedy extensively employs pathos, parallelism, antithesis, and varied syntax to captivate millions of people, particularly to persuade them to stand together and attempt to further human rights for the “betterment” of the world. Kennedy’s effective use of various rhetorical styles succeeds in persuading his audience –the world and the U.S citizens—that his newly-seized position as the U.S. President will be worthwhile for all. Evident throughout his entire address, Kennedy employs a cogent pathos appeal to keep his audience intrigued.... [tags: pathos, parallelism, antithesis]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- Final Project I wanted to interview a person who I have met already, and to whom I already knew, who had a good familiarity into what it’s like to begin their business small and to build upon. So, I interviewed Susan Behm from Sagepoint Financial. I feel that Susan knows the process of preparing a career path for her business as well as the necessary things that would be required in order to be consistent with success. So, I not only wanted my face to face meeting to benefit this paper but to also give me some insight and advice going forward too.... [tags: Investment, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Economics]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- The Disconnected Generation For a generation that has always been so ‘plugged in’ to the world going on around them, todays young adults have never been so oblivious to their surroundings. People in todays world can have any information at the touch of a button, an instant notification tells the what they have missed in the point four seconds since the person put down their phone. A text message informs one of the latest drama that has no relevance to the recipient but they just cannot put down their phone and walk away from the petty problems of the friends they will not speak to after they graduate.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Sociology]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- Love is such a simple, yet so complex term. Most people start their search for love, or the right person, in their teen years. Normally, this all starts with dating. Dating is a way to get to know someone and to test the waters before starting a relationship. The thing is, dating is an ever-changing event. It sometimes stays true to the “traditional” ways of asking someone out, like in person. Sometimes it takes a modern turn by meeting someone through social media. Dating thirty years ago, even just ten years ago, has changed and stayed the same from how dating works today.... [tags: Adolescence, Intention, Person, Meeting]
1036 words (3 pages)
- This semester has gone by too fast. It seems like just yesterday was the first day of class. Although it appeared to be a very short semester, I learned a good amount of writing principles. I’ve never even heard of some of the information I took in. Overall, Comp 1 has informed me on a lot of writing rules and procedures that I can use in my future career. Some of the topics I learned about were Freitag 's Triangle, the writing process, MLA formatting, and written numbers. In process analysis papers, writers use a process called Freitag’s Triangle.... [tags: Writing, Typography, Writer, Grammatical person]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- With the advancements of technology dating back centuries ago. It is not surprising to see so many lives lost due to distracted drivers. Distracted drivers put their lives and others’ lives in danger. A distracted driver is anyone that is: texting, adjusting the radio, talking to passengers, eating and drinking, or reading a map (Distraction). Texting and driving is responsible for roughly one million accidents per year. These accidents, along with the cognitive effects of being distracted while driving, need to be prevented by Americans to avoid future disasters.... [tags: Text messaging, Mobile phone, Automobile]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Cell phones posses our lives. As of 2012, 82 percent of American teens, ages 16-17, own a cell phone (“DWI: Driving While Intexticated”). This statistic does not include the 90 percent of American adults (“Mobile Technology Fact Sheet”), and the 56 percent of children ages eight to twelve that own a cell phone (“Kids Wireless Use Facts”). Second graders on up now own a phone. The fact second graders own cell phones is beyond me. A second grader should play outside, construct forts out of blankets, and play with Barbies.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Rotary dial]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- We always hear about people who die while texting and driving. Be that as it may, have you ever found the opportunity to be in their shoes of an existence passing circumstance. Shock advertising gives viewers the perception to see what they weren’t able to see because they were never in that sort of situation. Generally when you go to the motion pictures, you are open to knowing the actuality you will be seeing well known on-screen characters in trailers for up and coming motion pictures. You will likewise see a commercial about quieting your cellphones or turning them off, don 't bother others while the motion picture is playing.... [tags: Text messaging, Mobile phone, Automobile, SMS]
1839 words (5.3 pages)
- I. Purpose To provide the best customer service to both internal and external customers and to enforce the use of a uniform Topaz email signature and voice mail format. II. Scope and Limitations This Policy applies to all Topaz workforce members. III. Definitions Email signature A block of text that is appended to the end of a composed email. Typically contains contact information, website URL and possible meaningful quote to the composer of the email. Arial Font used in Outlook. 10-12-point is the standard size of the text printed in Outlook IV. Procedures A. Voice Message Policy Topaz utilizes uniform standard voice message greeting and email signature to ensure professional representa... [tags: E-mail, E-mail address, Signature block, Typeface]
714 words (2 pages)