The Bible describes Satan / the devil very seriously, he does have a terrible force, in the Book of Revelation writes symbolism "beast out of the sea" and so forth that illustrates the power it has. However, the devil does not always come as a frightening figure, but it also comes with a compelling figure in persuading. Genesis clearly shows that the serpent came with a polite attitude to Eve - not in a way that is scary - and the two engage in a discussion.
Satan is recorded in the Bible has the power, she can master the human, but the power of the devil is not nothing compared to the power of God. Satan blurry and shaky because of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Demonology is a doctrine which states that a person's abnormal behavior is caused by the influence of an evil spirit or demon powers or studies on Satan / Devil and its properties. Christians when talking about Demonology, the name "Lucifer" became a major role. Because western Christians generally follow interpretations in Isaiah 14:12 that there is a rebellious archangel, he is "Lucifer" is a Latin word used by St. Jerome in the 4th century AD to translate the Hebrew word "HEILEL / HEILEI". The community believes that the strength of spirit or demon can penetrate into the body and control the mind and body of the person.
Demonology culture found in China, Egypt and Greece.
The religious leaders of the time did a ceremony to remove the influence of an evil spirit from a person's body. They use chanting spells or torture against a particular object, animal or human could. The method is called exorcism.
Satan / Satanas (Greece); Satan (UK); Shaitan (Arabic); Hebrew is a Hebrew word "satan". The Hebrew wo...
... middle of paper ...
...e Fall of the Angels", The Bible Today 32 ( 1994): 15.
- Douglas, J.D ., Ensiklopedi Alkitab Masa Kini (USA: The Inter- Varsity Fellowship. 1962), p 150-151
- Bjerg, Svend, "Judas als Stcllvcrtrctcr des Satans,' Evangelisctie Theologie 52 (1994): 45.
- Peters. Ted. "Satanisrn: Bunk or Blasphemy?" Theology Today 51 (1994): p 393.
- Brown, R. E., An Introduction to The New Testament (New York: Doubleday, 1997), p. 177
- Theological Dictionary of The New Testament (USA: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1985).
- Konn, Dr. Josef, Gott und Setan; Schrifflesungen tiber die Geheime Offenbarung (Benziger Verlag, 1949), hlm. 256.
- Day, Peggy "An Adversary in Heaven," hlm. 150-9
- Freedman, David Noel (ed.), The Anchor Bible Dictionary (New York:
- Doubleday, 1992).
- Emerton, IA., "Syeol and the Son of Belial," Vetus Testamentum, 37 (1987): 214.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Demonology is the study of demons and the belief in demons. It is related to the theory of the supernatural. The original sense of "demon", has been around since the time of Homer and was meant to mean a benevolent being. But now the word holds a connection of malevolence. Demonology began during the time of the Witch Trials. In law today demonology is also but in with the insanity defense. There are two different types of demonology Christian and Roman Catholic. Christian demonology is the study of what the bible teaches us about the devil and demons, what they are and how the attack us.... [tags: Salem witch trials, Witchcraft, Magic, Salem]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Doctrine of Angelology The attributes of angels I choice were, God created them, they do not die, they have no sexual orientation, they do not receive salvation and angels stand in the presence of God. The angel’s primary activity is to do the will of God. Satan has many names; I will describe adversary and deceiver and the devil. The four biblical truths of Satan are that he is a tempter, the evil one, he is our enemy, and he is the supreme deceiver. To fight the ways of Satan, I must walk daily with God, in His word, in prayer and thought and deed.... [tags: Jesus, Gospel of Matthew, New Testament, Satan]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Demonology is the study of demons or beliefs about demons. The criminal can be viewed as a sinner or possessed by demons. In this theory, people use demons as an excuse on why they committed a crime. This does not hold up in court because there is no hard evidence to prove this. A lot of the time, people who claim demonology, get pushed to an insanity plea. Demonology is not just about demons though, it can be used as a person or group of people that are seen as evil. “MONSTERS: Evil parents jailed for life for horrific murder of four-year-old Daniel Pelka” is a crime that can fit in the demonology theory.... [tags: Bruises, Toddler, Death]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- In the epic, Paradise Lost, John Milton draws from the book of Genesis in the Bible to not only convey the fall of man, but also to present his views on many controversial issues. To best present his beliefs, Milton utilizes characters from Genesis to draw comparisons between real-life issues and the well-known story of Adam and Eve. One of the ways that Milton seeks to express his opposition to the monarchy in England is through the use of Satan as the leader of what Milton establishes as a sort of democracy in Hell.... [tags: satan, puritan, john Milton, paradise lost]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- The Monster attempted to coexist with humanity, dealing with violence and abuse, only to be rejected and alone, much like how Satan is rejected by God. He is hoping that the wicked nature of the humans was not common between them all, until he meets the family which sways his opinions about the race. This fruit of hope soon turns rotten when he decides to befriend them only to be rejected again saying “from that moment on I declared everlasting war against the species” (Shelly 124) after their reaction.... [tags: Paradise Lost, Adam and Eve, Garden of Eden, Satan]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Young children and adults across the world are taught that God is a hero above the rest. He is both omnipotent and omnipresent, almost like how Santa Clause is described as to little children. God does no wrong and is incapable of committing a sin; He is a picture perfect being. Satan is God’s archenemy and polar opposite, he’s popularly known for his evil ways and the fiery inferno that he inhabits, described in the book Dante’s Inferno. Rarely do people confuse the idea that God is the hero and Satan is the evildoer that needs to be extinguished from the world.... [tags: John Milton, Satan, God, Hell, Heaven]
2134 words (6.1 pages)
- Milton's Satan in Paradise Lost After researching Satan and his kingdom, Hell, through the Bible and Paradise Lost to compare and contrast the two characterizations, I realized that Milton must have been a true Bible scholar. Milton’s Satan is described so closely to the Biblical view of Satan that it is often times hard to distinguish the two. Milton changed and elaborated on a few characteristics of his Satan and his Hell in order to create Paradise Lost, but based his characterization and his descriptions on his interpretation of the Bible, using his imagination to form a more vivid picture of how horrible Satan and Hell are in reality.... [tags: John Milton Satan Paradise Lost]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- Satan If you take a look at his personality with an open mind, Satan actually has characteristics of a respectable person. One of Satan's characteristics is his evilness; he is the personification of evil. That isn't one of his admirable traits, but it's what makes Satan who he is. When you hear the word, Satan, you immediately think evil. In general, people look at Satan and that is all that runs through their minds. Evilness is the trademark of Satan's personality. Another of Satan's features is his intelligence.... [tags: essays research papers]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- Satan If you take a look at his personality with an open mind, Satan actually has characteristics of a respectable person. One of Satan’s characteristics is his evilness; he is the personification of evil. That isn’t one of his admirable traits, but it’s what makes Satan who he is. When you hear the word, Satan, you immediately think evil. In general, people look at Satan and that is all that runs through their minds. Evilness is the trademark of Satan’s personality.... [tags: essays research papers]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- Satan Satan, Lucifer, Beelzebub, Son of the Morning, the Devil has many names. The Devil is a powerful and mysterious being. Who is Satan. Who believes in him. Where did he come from. There are many questions that I had about Satan at the beginning of this report. Where did Satan come from. According to the Christian Bible it is clearly taught that the Devil and the other demons are spiritual or angelic creatures created by God in a state of innocence, and that they became evil by their own act.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1439 words (4.1 pages)