There are countless people who aspire to help people in their lives. However, if you think about it, nearly every career helps others in some way, shape, or form. Teachers, scientists, policemen and various other careers aid people in different ways. I, like many others, have always known that I’ve wanted to help people. Yet, I also want to do more than that. I want to help others, but also save others- emotionally or physically, mentor others, inspire others, and be there for others during their most vulnerable times. This is who I am- and I have always been this person. In first grade, I ran a lemonade stand at my school for the Make-A-Wish Foundation; I got my third grade class to raise money for starving children; and I put up with bullying throughout middle school because I befriended a girl who had trouble making friends on her own. The quality of pure selflessness and care for others that I have always possessed would allow me to do something great with my life- it just took me some time to figure out what.
My initial interest in nursing arose from a book, in early high school. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult is about a teenage girl, Kate, suffering a life-long battle of leukemia...
... middle of paper ...
...re else I would rather go to pursue my education. The values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Creativity, and Honesty make up the ideal nurse. As an aspiring nurse, I vow to live by those values each and every day, so I can become the best nurse and person that I can be.
As I have stated before, I have had no singular experience that has led me to the career choice of nursing. I had a natural inclination towards the profession, and as I pursued this inclination, I grew more and more passionate about nursing. Each day, I wholeheartedly put my determination to be a nurse into everything I do. Nursing is more than a career choice to me; it is a privilege for me to share my compassion with human beings. Stony Brook University School of Nursing will allow me to receive the best education, allowing me to impact others in the most profound way possible.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- MUS 119 Report for the Stony Brook Composers Concert on 2016.11.17 This concert is held by the Stony Brook University music department and is to perform seven pieces of music written by seven student composers. The concert is performed in Recital Hall of Staller Center in Stony Brook University. Since it is a small hall, audiences are very close to the performers. In fact, it is the first time I am this close to the performers and the sound for me is so clear and powerful that seems like floating in front of my eyes.... [tags: Performance, Music, Piano, Stony Brook University]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Statement My passion in engineering and science is, in part, due to my Grandfather, who is the deputy director of one of the research institutions at the Chinese Academy of Science. Influenced by the atmosphere of scientific and intellectual conversation, I have been exposed to cutting edge technology my entire life. In particular, my interest in material science can be traced back to my explorations in civil engineering and mechanical engineering at Stony Brook. In my freshman and sophomore years, I was taking a lot of civil engineering and mechanical engineering courses, through which I discovered that the major breakthroughs in those fields were at the material level nowadays.... [tags: engineering, research projects, technology]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- I am applying to the MS degree in computer science. My passion in the field of computer science dates back to the days when my father bought me my first computer while I was in 5th grade. From then on it was no looking back. I scored very high in computer science during my pre-university schooling that got me admission to one of Karnataka’s most reputed colleges. I continued my superior academic performance with a distinction in every semester. My decision to apply for a graduate education is based on my goal to work in the industry or academia and through this be able to contribute to society.... [tags: statement of purpose]
699 words (2 pages)
- There was a great deal of apprehension in both making the decision to transfer to Stony Brook, and to live up to the high academic and social responsibility standards the University prides itself on. As with any new environment, the anxiety of the unknown (such as in academics, social relations, putting in new windows the week of finals, etc.) is not always an easy way for a seamless transition into a new collegiate setting. Most students will experience a degree of loneliness or feelings of homesick at their new institution, however for me it has been a breath of fresh air and just a bit of speeding on the Long Island Expressway, as I commute from a town not far from Stony Brook.... [tags: High school, Sociology, Stony Brook University]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Being constantly asked “What are you going to be?” is frustrating. I am 18 years old and just started my first year at Nassau Community College. I am trying to decide what field of study I want to go into. Currently I do not have a major, so I am taking numerous liberal arts courses. There are a variety of career paths that I am interested in and I am constantly changing my mind about what I want to do. A part of me wants to travel the world and to see new places, while another part of me wants to go into journalism.... [tags: New York City, Long Island, Stony Brook University]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Have you ever dreamed of a community so perfect where you could live, work, and go to school on a daily basis. A community filled with so much happiness and peace among the society. A society where jobs are available as well as proficient teaching for citizens in that society. A place where citizens have the options of choice for which career they choose. A place filled with intelligent people who have high morals. Brook Farm was created to unite human relationships together. To begin with, the Utopian Community Brook Farm, was one of the most famous experiments in the U.S.... [tags: Utopian Community Brook Farm, utopia,]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- I am a student of Software Engineering at Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro. The purpose of writing this letter is to show my keen interest to spend one semester of my undergraduate studies at University of Limerick, Ireland. I was always attracted by computers since when I was a kid and keeping that interest in mind I decided to go for an undergraduate degree in Software Engineering at Mehran University of Engineering and Technology. Here I have studied courses like Databases, Computer Programming, Networking, Artificial Intelligence, Data Warehouses and Mining, Software Requirement Engineering, Software Project Management and many more which have deepen my knowledge... [tags: engineering, software, computer science]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- "Hold fast to your dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." - Langston Hughes I would like to introduce myself as Rob Geis. Since my childhood I’ve been inclined to having a practical approach to everything in life and have been greatly supported and encouraged by my parents throughout. Having a house nearer to an airport and watching the planes take-off and land daily from the terrace was the first seed sowed in my heart that made me take up engineering so that I could be as nearer to my passion of aeronautics as possible.... [tags: Statement of Purpose Essays]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- The Real Purpose of a University Education All my life I knew I would be attending college. There never seemed to be any other option available as far as I knew. I never really stopped to think about whether or not it was necessary for me, or why it was so important; I was just funneled into the college curriculum in high school. I have attended the University of Arkansas for three years now, and have heard two main arguments over the purpose of a college education. One is that college is a place to train for a job, and the other is that college should be an institute of higher learning with no real focus on a future job.... [tags: Argumentative Education Degree college Essays]
2214 words (6.3 pages)