Using social media to market an organisation has become more common and integral to a success of a brand, product, and company. Social media strategies are used by many organisations, but how do you know if they are successful and worth your time and money? A social media’s success can be tracked quantifiable using metrics (Gold). There are hundreds of social media and web metrics that can be used to determine if a social media campaign is successful, but a few are key and should be monitored at all times (Chitwood). The nine social media metrics presented below are important to the success of a business and should be measured throughout the planning, execution, and evaluation stages of your social media campaign.
The reach of a social media campaign is the amount of likes, follows, fans, subscribers, etc, your social media platforms gains from your social media campaign (). Your reach is a metric that may not be the most important number to collect, but it gives you a starting point to calculate many other metrics, such as, engagement, impressions, and shares ().
In the planning phase of your social media strategy you must first collect the current number of followers, fans, likes, and subscribers your organisation has. This will give you an idea of the current reach your organisation holds. In addition, your organisation should create a goal of how many new users you plan to reach. For example, if you have 1000 follower, how many more do you want to reach by the end of your campaign?
In the assessment phase of your social media campaign more data should be collected to ensure you have reached your goal and the social media campaign was successful. To calculate your reach tools, ...
... middle of paper ...
...iness Should Track." Social Media Examiner. N.p., 11 Apr. 2013. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
Miller, Jason. "5 Simple Metrics to Track Your Social Media Efforts." Social Media Examiner. N.p., 28 May 2012. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
Smith, Mari. "How to Measure Your Facebook Engagement." Social Media Examiner 13 Apr. 2011: n. pag. Social Media Examiner. Web. 6 Mar. 2014.
Stobbs, Clayton. "Beyond Likes and Follows: Measuring the Effectiveness of Social Media Campaigns." Web log post. Eloqua. N.p., 27 June 2013. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
Vocell, Jeffrey. "5 Social Media Metrics You Should Be Monitoring." Web log post. Social Media Today. Social Media Today LLC, 17 Oct. 2012. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
Yuki, Tania. "Measuring What Matters in Social Media." Web log post. ComScore. N.p., 18
Nov. 2013. Web. 06 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media networks are communities of people who typically share a common behaviour, idea, interest or activity. A social network indicates a graph of relationships (social familiarities) within a group of individuals (people, organisations). Social networking sites have increased in the last decade. The most popular social networks include Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn. They facilitate communication by providing a variety of ways for users to interact with each other like e-mail or instant message.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Social network service]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- 1.1 Background The rapid growth of the social media networking makes life different. According to the real time internet live statistics, the internet users in the world are now more than 3,338,000,000 and keep rising every day (Internet Live Stats, 2016). Social media like Facebook, Sina microblog (Weibo), Twitter, Instagram and YouTube are defined as the online communities which allow users to create and share their own content (Bolton et al., 2013). The faster and easier information exchange brings a new trend of marketing communication established and makes traditional peer to peer word of mouth spreading go online.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Facebook, Word of mouth]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Social media and social media marketing are often used interchangeably. Social media marketing is a process of gaining online traffic through social media sites and social media networks are vehicles to get your message out. Various different social media management tools/ resources are used to promote brand/services online for the businesses of all sizes. The term “social media” refers to online tools for sharing and discussing information. These tools include blogs, microblogs like Twitter, wikis, and social networks such as Facebook and allow users to create and share content – including text, graphics, podcasting, pictures and video etc.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Sociology]
710 words (2 pages)
- Digital Marketing White Paper There is no denying that the world is rapidly shifting from analogue to digital. According to the Pew Research Center, 84 percent of all adults in the U.S. are now online and nearly two-thirds of the population embraces smartphone technology. As we consume more and more digital content on a daily basis — on mobile phones, tablets, and computers — companies that do not embrace the trend in their marketing strategies will be left behind. Digital marketing (DM) — any form of marketing products or services that involves electronic devices — is now essential and should be standard practice for any business that wants to get its product in front of a targeted audienc... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Internet marketing]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- Another negative effect social media had is a person’s lack of privacy. People can see your every move, and sometimes even see where you are. You can post your location on a FaceBook status, or even on just a tweet, it says where you posted this tweet from. That’s a scary thought that someone can constantly know where you are if they truly wanted to. According to the “Negative Effects” article, “Social networking sites encourage people to be more public about their personal lives. Because intimate details of our lives can be posted so easily, users are prone to bypass the filters they might normally employ when talking about their private lives.” People feel it’s necessary to share every det... [tags: Facebook, Social network aggregation]
2097 words (6 pages)
- The Marketing Mix for Public Schools When asked what “marketing” means, most educators (and most people, for that matter), believe marketing is simply about getting the word out about their school—in the form of public relations or advertising. Marketers, however, understand marketing encompasses so much more. The Marketing Mix includes Product, Price, Place and Promotion. The term was first coined in 1964 by Harvard marketing professor Neil Borden, who credited Professor James Culliton with describing the marketing executive as a “mixer of ingredients” (Borden, 1984, p.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- social media platforms are free of charge. Tactic #2 consist of writing and disseminating a news release to major newspapers (print and online) in the Washington D.C. area. The news release will reach policymakers and leaders, since they are more likely to read newspapers such as The Washington Post, etc. We will also post the news releases in noteworthy newspapers and community newspapers that have a high number in readership and contact the editors and news directors of each for immediate publication/release.... [tags: Mass media, Newspaper, Advertising, Social media]
1066 words (3 pages)
- ... Since these clients have different needs, their focused metrics will also not be the same. Now, many social media marketers have done their research, piggybacked off other successful campaigns and found valid loopholes that offer other ways to prove traction and results. 1. Google Analytics This helpful, free program is used by all marketing walks of life: search engine optimization, pay per click, web analytics and certainly social media. This won’t specify what people are buying but at least you can see if traffic is coming in from Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest to your website.... [tags: sales, social, clients, focus, tracking]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- Digital marketing is a growing field that “promotes products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media.” Examples of “advertising mediums that might be used as part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile phones and electronic billboards, as well as via digital and television and radio channels” (businessdictionary.com) This method of advertisement makes a digital marketing analyst necessary to help navigate a company through the proper marketing channels.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Marketing research]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Are you in need of a creative post that will generate lots of of engagement. Are your visuals attracting the right kinds of social media attention. Both men and women interact better with visualization or with visible content material. This could be because it 's easier to connect to and it tends to tell a story, which can evoke feelings or a response more effectively than written posts. If you are not sure of how to go about building a new strategy, follow along as we discuss 20 ways to increase engagement through visual content.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook, Web 2.0]
1654 words (4.7 pages)