Estefano Martinez has continued to be a very dependable member in our team, and has developed leadership qualities. He has become a trustworthy teammate, along with being a good friend. He has a difference about him, and he knows when it is time to preform and when we all need to come together. We always keep in contact with each other and with the team to make sure things are getting done on time. He took on hard tasks such as putting the business plan in order, and helping the rest of the team understand the financials. We all did the financials, but Estefano took the time to explain all the parts and make sure everyone was n the same page with what we had. He also has made a great effort to provide constructive criticism to all areas he can to help give each portion of our work the best looking product. The team doesn’t get hurt by his suggestions, but instead we all embrace them and see if that would be a better option by voting as a tem on the issue.
Jake Robinson has been a vocal leader and also has improved in what he produces for team projects. Jake has grown as an individual and has shown leadership through expressing positive messages. He has boosted the team happiness, and always brings a smile to each class. He is also a hard worker and puts the team before anything else. He helped organize the presentation, and even volunteered to start the presentation. He brings great ideas, and constructive criticism to ma...
... middle of paper ...
...tivity. I have learned that communication helps drive a team to success, and is very important to reach goals. My group for example, without communication through text and meetings, nothing would have gotten done on time. It has also taught me to be able to cooperate and grow as a group. I have now been with a successful group, so I know what to do to make my future groups successful. I can be more creative with my ideas, and gather information to make them better. I think of ideas that could have worked in certain situations, but I did not have a lot of information for them to work. Being more creative can lead to better projects, and cause a more creative atmosphere within team meetings. I can also communicate better to teammates to makesure we are all thinking on the same page. We never encountered and conflicts, but I could have given more in tem communications.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- • Communication. Often students are talking over each other. In quite a few classes, a single student will emerge as the voice of the employees. If it is a trusted student, this can work very well. However, this also means that student has a lot of power. A snarky comment can derail the entire effort. Also, management teams will also frequently use strategies like dividing up the room into “territories;” each manager takes a section of the class and tries to convince them to show their numbers and move.... [tags: Team, The A-Team, Exercise, Education]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Acquiring a second language at any age presents the learner with many challenges, as well as, an added avenue in which to explore the environment, culture, and complexities of a new language. Learners regardless of age may have a specific need or desire to learn another language, such as: to be able to communicate, desire to connect with others from another culture, enable them to achieve a goal, gain enrichment, or to access education, the list is endless. In the learning process all language learners, whether primary or second language learners, go through stages in acquiring a language and will have many factors that may impede or promote the learning process.... [tags: Second language, Language acquisition]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- My third observation of the semester took place on October 28th, 2016. Normally, I send my lesson to Mr. Romm a couple days ahead of time, so that Mr. Romm can look at the lesson and provide feedback. Mr. Romm told me that I needed to adapt my lesson for Friday, October 28th, after the phone conversation with him. Mr. Romm wanted to see some sort of formal assessment showing him that all the students are comprehending and following along in the text, Of Mice and Men. Before the class began to listen to chapter three, students took part in a Kahoot to prepare for their quiz and then proceeded to take their quiz on the chapter five vocabulary words.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Question, School]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- My first semester at MIT was awesome - I was very motivated and got all A 's, despite everything being pass/no record. I even got an A+ in differential equations. My second semester went pretty well, too, but I struggled very much in organic chemistry and ended up with a B. This was my first B ever, and though I was disappointed, I shook it off and tried to stay positive. I declared math as my major. I 'm not even sure why I took organic chemistry, since I was interested in math. My parents were pressuring me to be a premed and become a doctor (like them) so I guess I was trying to appease them.... [tags: Debut albums]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Enoch Lee (EMWA) - Lego Team Evaluation Essay Management involves various theories and concepts in place for evaluating efficiency, or lack of. The Lego Building exercise was a true application of certain concepts and theories learned throughout the semester. Unlike previous exercises in class, there was a very competitive environment and a high reward involved. Also, the delegated leader’s ability to effectively manage the team heavily influenced the success, or failure, of each team. In my team, there was an evident measure of control, quality management, equity, planning, and team context.... [tags: Control theory, Control system, Feedback]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- At the beginning of the semester my outlook on this course was not so good. I was not looking forward to giving speeches or learning things that seemed like common sense, but as time went on I could tell that I was actually taking things away from it. I have learned that I am not so good at coming up with things to say under pressure and I get extremely nervous when I have to talk in front of people that I don’t know well. Oh wait, I already knew those things. This class has motivated me to strengthen my social skills and has also taught me how to effectively work in a team environment through the team communication consultant project.... [tags: Time, Future, Present, Strategy]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- With every class and semester, I learn more about myself, my impact on others, improvement areas, and how to improve them. Entering OB, I knew I liked being the first person at each meeting and arrived several minutes early; this semester was no different and I plan on doing the same in the future. However, I know that everyone on my team is not the same. Although at times it was challenging to have high patience and stay calm, I knew I had to trust my team members. Even if they were late, I knew they would be participative and complete their tasks at their highest capability.... [tags: Management, Regulatory Focus Theory, Learning]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Leadership Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences a group of people to achieve a common goal. To begin with, a trait is what Leadership is thought of. A trait is a unique quality of an individual, which is frequently hereditary (Northouse, 2012, p. 3). The many traits of effective leadership include charisma, confidence, determination, integrity, intelligence, and sociability. This semester in the Leadership class, I participated in being a team leader along with Erika, for both phase 1 and phase 2 of our project.... [tags: Leadership, Emotion, Positive psychology]
3138 words (9 pages)
- _something remained after the Open day 2013_ 2 weeks to go … In a cold October day, I got a phone call from a friend offering a position preparing for the annual IBD Open day. She wanted me to be on her team taking in charge of the trial classes, targeting to high school students coming on that day. At that time, all of IBD students were in an extreme assignment rush as the first semester was about to end, and I was not an exception. Despite my worries, I told my friend that I would love to join because I know that it’s going to be an awesome experience, and I’m glad that it really was.... [tags: short story]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Hello, this is Dileep Bhargava Bharatula working as a Graduate Technical Intern at Intel Corporation. I work in Intel’s Communications Devices Group (iCDG) under Ray Deshmukh (Verification Manager) in San Diego, CA. I would like to choose my presentation to be a lecture to students in my Engineering Management Department. As part of Intel’s Communications Devices Group, I am blessed to work in an organization which gave me scope to work on both technical as well as my Management skills. I work in the Modem verification team wherein we work on the issues related to modem.... [tags: Management, Better, Goal, Team]
837 words (2.4 pages)