Our school will provide available space including Outside fencing surrounding the school, basketball courts, gymnasium, classrooms, restrooms, and special purpose space to meet the requirements of the class curricular and the number of students enrolled. Space will be accessible to all students, for students with disabilities, sanitary, and well-lit. Our school will provide adequate food storage, heaters and coolers in an kitchen area. We will have appropriate certificates for inspection, such as certificate of occupancy on file. Certificates showing our insurance will be on file meeting the Charter School Act while providing, “notice to the Charter Schools Institute of any material change, non-renewal or termination of the policy.” Safety is a priority at our school. We will ensure the space is secure and safe; entrance and doors from the school’s space is sufficiently controlled. Copies of school safety and evacuation plans are posted in each classroom. State and Federal Employment Posters are posted appropriately. Locked storage is present for student academic, attendance, discipline and testing records. Locked storage is present for student health records. Fire extinguishers have been recently inspected.
Governance and Management
We will establish a Board of Trustees. Creating a list of current members of the school’s Board of Trustees, including contact information and officers. Written notice will be provided that the head of school has been named within 5 days of the hire date. Additional crucial management roles in the school are occupied or sufficiently covered. Moreover, updated organizational chart with names of specific persons occupying key leadership roles. Management contract, if applicable, h...
... middle of paper ...
...hey enable students from diverse backgrounds to bring their personal thoughts, feelings, and experiences into the classroom. Supportive relationships help parents, especially those who would otherwise feel vulnerable or uncomfortable, take active roles in the school and in their children 's education.
Flexibilty & Adapatation
We want to to provide understanding and adapt to the differences among our team members in our community by Actively cultivate respectful, supportive relationships among students, teachers, and parents. Having supportive relationships will be the priority at our school. It will allow students from different backgrounds to bring their unique experiences to the class room. Supportive relationships help parents, especially those who would otherwise feel vulnerable or uncomfortable, take active roles in the school and in their children 's education.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is the responsibility for teachers to create a healthy learning environment that is physically, emotionally and intellectually safe, clean and secure for all children. I believe effective classrooms are places where children feel well cared for and safe. They are places where children should be valued as individuals and where their needs for attention, approval, and affection are supported. They are also places where children can be helped to acquire a strong foundation of / for the knowledge and skills needed for school success.... [tags: Teacher, Learning, Education, Teaching]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- The Arts Educational School in the British Government Why Did the British Government Decide to Evacuate Children From Britain’s Major Cities at the Start of The Second World War. When war began in 1939, Britain was not prepared for war. The idea of aerial bombardment terrorized the public and the government soon realised it was time to protect the children. The government soon made plans to evacuate over 3 million infants and youngsters to more rural places of safety. Alas, the government ended up only evacuating around half this number.... [tags: Papers]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Throughout the nation, millions of students are attending an unsafe school. Whether it is physical safety or emotional safety, everyone is affected. During school, over 3.2 million students are bullied each year. This is a problem that will be addressed under social and emotional safety. At MM KK School, only three fire drills are issued per year when the state policy says that there should be one a month. This problem will be addressed under drill Safety. Along with social and emotional safety and drill safety, building safety, concussion safety, and technology safety will all be addressed.... [tags: law, physical and emotional safety]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- On Wednesday January 5, 2011 a Millard South High School student walked into his high school armed with a gun. The boy had been suspended from school earlier that morning. He signed in at the office and proceeded to the assistance principal’s office. Within 4 minutes, office staff reported hearing gunfire. The student had shot the assistant principal and the principal as he tried to intervene. He continued to shoot, taking aim at a school custodian and then at a security officer as he fled the premises.... [tags: School Safety Essays]
1761 words (5 pages)
- Increase in school violence Over the past several years, incidents of school violence have intensified. Disasters like the shootings at Columbine High School are not unheard of, and precautions for school safety are on the minds of numerous communities. Johnson and Johnson claim that “Teaching is different from what it used to be. Fifty years ago, the main disciplinary problems were running in the halls, talking out of turn, and chewing gum. Today’s transgressions include physical and verbal violence, incivility, and in some schools, drug abuse, robbery, assault, and murder” (1995).... [tags: School Violence Shootings Safety Essays]
3529 words (10.1 pages)
- From the moment I entered high school people were asking me my plans for college. This question of “What college are you going to?” began to loom above my head like a giant storm cloud. Freshman year I had no idea, and the same for sophomore year. The only thing I new at that moment in time was that I wanted to play softball. The beginning of my junior year was when I began to actively seek out specific colleges, and by the end of my junior year I knew exactly what college I wanted to attend. Through the long process of choosing a college I learned that there are three things that should be thought about: will you be happy and succeed, the colleges location, and does it have your major.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school, Thought]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- There is always that question about “what are your plans after high school”. “Where do you see yourself in the next couple years”. No one ever wants to answer the question the wrong way everyone wants to answer it depending on who they are around. You might be around the part of the family that you are not that close with and do not want to sound like a frailer or you might be around your mom or dad who are there that you can really talk to about the future. With going into college after getting out of high school right after or soon after you graduate there is plenty of rewards that come with it, there is the better job with better salary, family is proud of college student, bettering the f... [tags: High school, University, Higher education]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- In this day and age where school administrators consider backpacks, lockers, and baggy pants to be potential dangers to students and faculty, what will be next. Perhaps pencils, pens, scissors, and glue will be added to the list of items to ban from schools. These, along with other hazardous educational necessities pose real threats to maintaining an orderly school and should be prohibited. Staplers for instance, are nothing but injuries and carnage waiting to happen. A projectile staple, sharper than shards of broken glass and much more unassuming, can take an eye out.... [tags: School Safety Essays]
686 words (2 pages)
- School Safety The issue of school safety has become a controversial topic in the United States, due to tragic acts of violence occurring on a daily basis. American citizens should never have to cope with the negative impact of school violence, no matter how often they hear about the tragedies (Jones, "Parents" 1). In the past, schools were viewed as a safe place for children to get an education. Recently, the concern over violence in schools has taken a toll on many parents, school administrators, and legislatures (Eckland 1).... [tags: violence, education, children, public schools]
2065 words (5.9 pages)
- Evacuation The evacuation has got to do with the movement of vulnerable people and children out of the city and into the country sides in case if the country starts getting bombed. The evacuation plan began in the 1930s. In August 1938 Adolf Hilter began making speeches that suggested he was going to send the German Army into Czechoslovakia. The British government now began to fear a war with Nazi Germany and Neville chamberlain ordered that Air Raid Precautions (ARP) volunteers to be mobilized.... [tags: Papers]
599 words (1.7 pages)