A positive role model is defined as a person who serves as an example of the values, attitudes, and behaviours associated with a role. To be a positive role model there are multiple characteristics one must have. To improve the organisation for the good of its staff would be a positive role models desire. They want the business to succeed and always be improving so that the staff can benefit, a positive role model shows commitment to the organisation and the staff. To be a positive role model one must have good judgment and have the ability to see the “big picture”. When an issue or situation occurs a positive role model has a look at the entire perspective and thinks about the consequences for the future instead of only paying attention to what is happening in that moment and what the consequences will be in that moment. It is important to strive to model a positive set of characteristics you want your staff to follow.
This Saturday consists of work, dancing, school work and chores. Work starts at 1:30pm and finishes at 5:30pm, dancing starts at 7:00pm and finishes at 9:00pm. School work and chores can be done anytime of the day. Work cannot be pushed back as it is at a set time as is Dancing. All of these tasks and events are important and need to be completed. Dancing finishes at 9:00pm therefore all schoolwork and chores need to be done before work at 1:30pm. School work has a higher rank on the priority scale as it cannot be left to do on the day before it is due therefore school work will be done at 9:00am and be completed around 12:30pm. Chores will then be done and finish at 1:00pm to leave time to drive to work.
A performance plan is a document developed used to ensure you are clear on the level of leadership an...
... middle of paper ...
...tive edge in a business could benefit the business with higher sales and receive more customers than other competitors. Finding opportunities to learn new and different ways to become better at a job would be a way to gain a competitive edge. By doing the job more effectively it would benefit you and help to be better than the competitors. Focus on your advantages and use them to gain a competitive edge and use that to have an advantage over the competitors.
Being involved in dancing has enhanced my confidence. Being surrounded by multiple people with the same interests as you improved my social skills. It has also improved my learning abilities, having to learn new routines each week has resulted in me being able to pick things up quicker. Being able to pick things up quickly helps me when learning new things at school and having to do new tasks in the workplace.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Up to the 1700s, Russia made little advancement in technology or economy. The majority of the vast country was still living in medieval conditions, otherwise known as the Dark Ages, in which most were not educated and the army consisted of drafted villagers (Trueman, “Military Reform”). While many of the European countries had voyagers and aspiring scientists, Russia was falling behind. Peter the Great rose to make a change in Russian history. He proved himself as an ambitious leader and is a positive role model in regard to his great accomplishments in revolutionizing Russia.... [tags: European Culture, Reforms]
452 words (1.3 pages)
- Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis was an inspirational role model for women of her time. She was always seen as a fashionable classy lady, dressed in designer clothing and pearl jewelry. Her elegant and simple style made her a beautiful lady. But when the time came, Jackie was facing serious things in her life: she had a lot of schooling ahead, after which she would become the wife of the president, and later face a tragic end as the First Lady. But despite all the chaos, she was able to handle things on her own.... [tags: biography]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- A role model is an individual that one aspires to be like in the present or the future. Role models can be a celebrity or someone we connect with on a daily bases. In addition, there are several characteristics a role model should possess, such as: Moral, confidence, hardworking, respectful, optimistic and creative (Freddie, 2014). There are different types of role models in society today, who play great social roles. These are individuals who are prestigious and willing to help others find success as well.... [tags: Role Model Essays]
695 words (2 pages)
- Leadership has a different meaning for everyone. The ability to motivate, set good examples, and persevere through adversity are all parts of leadership. Some people may think that being a leader is only for a select amount people. I see leadership differently. I think everyone is capable of being a leader. There are also various ways that an individual can practice leadership. Obvious examples are the ability to speak, ability to motivate, and the ability to be a good role model. I see the ability of being a good role model and having good character as the foundation of leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Role model, Want]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- I have learnt that role models lead by example their behaviour, actions values are displayed in the workplace for employees to look up to. Employees look up to role models who constantly display high standards of work performance, inspire, enthuse act as positive role models. Their behaviour is emulated by others a long with their work attitudes, they are strong, committed, people oriented leaders. They give the organisation and the employees clear identity and clear objectives, they will lead by example, be visible, pat of the communication loop, empower employees, delegate effectively, encourage new ideas and innovations, they will establish direction and influence others so that employees... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Goal]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Leadership is trait that is extremely important in any society. Leadership is known as the way people attempting to make a difference in a situation. However, I believe that it is better said to be a way of influencing others actions. Leadership is usually connected to a great leader that affected his or her followers in a dynamic way. Throughout the semester for my leadership class, I have expanded the knowledge in numerous ways. I now have fully understanding of the purpose and process of leadership to a society.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Fiedler contingency model]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- What makes a good role model and how can i ensure that I act as a role model for employees I supervise. What makes a good role model is someone who is calm, positive and confident within themselves. Great role models are constantly challenging themselves and learning new things and understand the concept of nobody 's perfect. When they make mistakes they apologise, admit the mistake, and accept accountability while planning on how to correct it. They demonstrate commitment and don 't give up easily and persevere when confronted by obstacles.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Employment, Skill]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Rather than deal with the issue head-on, Bieber posted shirtless photos of himself on the internet via Instagram, instead of an apology, in an attempt to distract from the relevant issue. This type of behavior is inexplicable for someone with such an abundance of talent that could be better served by setting a more respectable example for his fans. During a trip to Brazil in November 2013, Eonline.com reported that Justin Bieber was charged with vandalism for using spray-paint to write, “Beleibers 4 life” on a hotel building located in the city of Rio De Janeiro (Malec "Justin Bieber Officially Charged With Vandalism”).... [tags: behavior, fame, resonsibility]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- Role models have an astounding effect on the lives of young people in our society. A role model has the ability to shape the views, ideals, and actions of a young person. Role models help youth to discover how they wish to become in the future. The influence that role models have over young people is tremendous. It is important for role models to be positive and responsible in instilling good morals and values because future generations are directly dependent on the role models of today. By examining the influence of role models, role models in the community, and role models in the media, we will be able to determine the true effect that role models have on the lives of youth.... [tags: A Role Model's Impact on Youth]
596 words (1.7 pages)
- Barbie is a Good Role Model As a young girl the fondest memory was playing with all my Barbie dolls and having the time of my young youth. Getting new Barbie’s for my birthday and Christmas was the highlight for my friends and I every year, and comparing which dolls the others got with each other. Never once growing up did any of us feel that Barbie was bad for us to play with, or that she was a bad role model. She could be anything that she wanted to be and her friends were all different too.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1465 words (4.2 pages)