Rimm-Kaufman, Sara and Lia Sandilos, “Improving Students’ Relationships with Teachers to Provide Essential Supports for Learning.” Apa.org American Psychological Association, 03 Mar. 2015. Web. 28 July 2015.
Though Edutopia is just a blog, this author offers great information about the children of this day and age. She starts off by stating several facts about the percentages of students with phones and smart phones, the amount of texts people send per day, and about how social media plays a factor in the time of our day. This helps offer insight about how technology may interfere with a students focus throughout a school day. With this information it shows how much a stu...
... middle of paper ...
...een able to do. Some conclusions that could be made are the fact that students in impoverished areas have better chances of succeeding due to the time they are able to spend with a teacher, making them feel more important and involved in the community. Also found was new information about how bigger schools can be intimidating for some students who may not be used to that kind of environment, which is subject to higher levels of violence on the school campus. This information will be used to support every point made in my thesis, due to the fact they appear to be similar in some aspects. The source is very credible and can be backed up for its use of citations offered and due to the fact that it was published by a well-rounded organization.
McRobbie, Joan. "Are Small Schools Better?" Csr-pagemakerversion (2001): 1-4. West Ed.
West Ed, 23 Oct. 2001. Web. 28 July 2015.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In order to establish a good teacher/student relationship I plan to get to know all my students equally and establish a good relationship with their parents as well because that says a lot about the children. Words of acceptance can also make a huge difference. The fourth stage is Law and Order which is understanding and deciding the rules of the class. In order for my students to have a say in my class rules it will be necessary to have a class meeting the first day discussing any rules they think we should have.... [tags: Education, Need, Want, WANT]
1931 words (5.5 pages)
- What kind of relationship, as a teacher, do I want to have with my students. I ask myself this question every time I read a book about teacher-student relationship or when I am observing in the classroom I am going to be student teaching in next semester. Instead of thinking in a student perspective I have to go think in a teacher perspective. Section 3 helps me decide what kind of relationship I want to have with my students as the teacher. The first point was demonstrating personal interest in students.... [tags: Question, Education, Need, Case study]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- When you look at someone, you see a person, but sometimes, you forget that that person has a story. I learned that when I watched the film, I Learn America. When I first watched the movie, I saw students that have come to America. They have come to an international school in New York to learn English. As the film goes on, you see that each of the students that they focus on have struggles that they have/had to overcome to come or stay in America. Before, I did not realize how much they had to go through in order to come to the United States.... [tags: Education, United States, Teacher, Basketball]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- The teacher-student relationship has been linked to academic achievement throughout a student’s elementary and secondary educational years. This relationship is characterized by “having the presence of closeness, warmth, and positivity” (Baker et al., 2008; O’Connor, Dearing, & Collins, 2011; Silver, Measelle, Armstron, & Essex, 2005). When a teacher displays these characteristics, it enables students to feel safe and secure in their learning environments which in turn empowers the student towards high academic achievement.... [tags: tools in education]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- Discussing the teacher-student relationship, Freire (1995) advocates that liberating education consists in acts of cognition, not transfers of information (p. 57). Throughout the text, he classifies two kinds of educational ideologies—the banking concept of education and “problem-posing” education. In the book, he lists several characteristics of banking theory. He argues that one feature of this educational ideology is that the teachers work as narrators in the classroom, which leads students to memorize mechanically the narrated content (1995, p.... [tags: Democratic Education, teaching, teachers]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Teachers and their students have a special relationship; what they do affects each other. Teachers and students can't survive without one another since there would be no teacher without any student. Based on this special relationship, a certain expectation has been developed in the classroom environment. Gradually, some spoken or unspoken rules and systems have been established between these two individuals which exist till now. On the surface, the main aspect of this relationship has been founded, typically on responsibility and obligation that these individuals feel about each other, yet, in depth there are other elements into teacher and student's relationship which work more than obliga... [tags: Education Essays]
1824 words (5.2 pages)
- The Effect of Teacher/Student Relationship on Learning There are many controversies when it comes to the relationship between teachers and students. However, one idea remains, the teacher's primary job is to educate while the student's primary job is to learn. The techniques are what differ among teachers and in turn that shapes the relationship between the two parties. As many of the writers discussed in class, have pointed out, the education experience, from curriculum to academic and extra-curricular programs directs a person's path in life.... [tags: Education Educational Essays]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- Teachers-Student sexual relationships in the United State. The legal age for consent to sex from a minor is 16 years old. This means that a girl/boy can have sex with an adult. This meaning that the adult cannot be tried in the court of law for statutory rape. There have been many cases from all over the United States of teacher and student relationships. Most of the time the sexual relationship is consensual between the two parties. It is against the law for any person who is influential in a child’s life to have a sexual relationship with them.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior, Rape]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- Gender and the Student/Teacher Relationship Some people say that school is an environment where you can learn not only the fundamentals of math, English, history, and science; but also the foundations needed to build lasting relationships. Throughout our twelve years of required education we make countless friends and acquaintances, and with them we create relationships that can possibly affect the rest of our lives. One such relationship, which is extremely influential but often overlooked, is the relationship between a student and their teacher.... [tags: Education Argumentative Persuasive]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- The Student/Teacher Relationship School is a part of everyone's life at some point or another. Whether you only went to high school, junior high, or to college, it is something that everyone has done at some point. I have been in school for most of my life, so far, and during that time I have had a variety of teachers. Some of the teachers I had encouraged me to think on my own, and some required me to memorize vast amounts of data in order to reproduce that data on tests. Which teachers I learned the most from is hard to say.... [tags: Education Learning Papers]
2174 words (6.2 pages)
- The Human Capital Theory Of The Western Hemisphere
- Changes Resulting From Trauma Associated Bleeding
- Obesity : An Epidemic Running Rampant Across The United States
- Toyota Motor Corp ( Adr ) : The United States, China And The European Union
- The Cold War By John F. Kennedy And Nikita Khrushchev
- Foster Care : The Single Solution For Children