Real Madrid’s Playing Style
As the history of Real Madrid CF and Barcelona FC symbolize polar opposite ideas, there playing style differ greatly. Real Madrid 's playing style is more attack minded. To be attack minded and be set well tactically a team must master the four-two-three-one formation. Madrid usually starts with Casillas in net. After the goalie there is a back line of three defenders: Carvajal as the right full back, Ramos and Pepe as the centre-backs, and Marcelo as left full back. Then come a line of five midfielders; two holding and three attacking. For the two holding, Madrid starts with a pairing of Modric and Alonso. Following them Madrid plays with Ronaldo as a left winger, Di Maria at an attacking center mid, and Bale as right winger. To top it all off, Madrid are led by French international Karim Benzema.
With this formation they are well protected defensively, but they can attack very effectively as well. Regarding there back line of four, they have one of the best combinations of defenders in the game. Madrid have arguably the best centre-backs in the game, Sergio Ramos. Ramos is a five time FIFAPro member, a team of the best eleven players in the world. Although a defenders main duty is to defend, Madrid’s full backs are very attack minded and can attack superbly. Now with their attack Madrid have one of the deadliest attack in the game. Modric, Alonso, and Di Maria provide the attacking players with the passes. These three are the core of the team. Not only do they hold down the center of the field and provide for a great first line of defense they are the play makers. Then they arguably have the best front three in world: Ronaldo, Benzema, and Bale. This trio is starred by ...
... middle of paper ...
...g at Camp Nou it can be occupied by 99,354 people compared to 85,454 people at the Bernabeau. Camp Nou holds the record for the biggest stadium in Europe. When asked who the king of Spain and Europe is, the answer without a doubt is Real Madrid. Madrid has won thirty-two League titles and ten European championships compared to Barcelona’s twenty-one and four respectively. (Real)
With the history and culture involved with El Classico, this game creates one of the world’s bitterest rivalries. When taking into account and analyzing the playing style, the academies, and the stats Real Madrid comes up with the upper hand. Even though Barcelona has a better academy, Real Madrid plays at faster pace, defends better, and has more wins head to head; therefore, Real Madrid is the better team and will stay like this for the years to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When compared, younger and old teachers are polar opposites. While experienced teacher, who have years under their belt, are not usually accustomed to the technological age, younger teachers have been educated with modern technology, and can use that to their advantage in the classroom. Younger teachers have grown up in a technological age and can adapt to the constant upgrade in technology. Experienced teachers, on the other hand, have a harder time learning how to operate all the new gadgets schools are getting.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Substitute teacher, School]
1761 words (5 pages)
- As director of NASA astrobiology, I would send a life-seeking probe to Mars. More specifically, I would choose to land the probe near the north polar cap. The purpose of selecting Mars is because it is already known as the planet that most resembles Earth in terms of axial tilt and seasons, so if life were to be found anywhere in our solar system in our lifetime, it would have to be here. As for specifically choosing the north polar cap, the reasoning is that it has a lower elevation than the south polar cap and, therefore, it is warmer at this point on Mars.... [tags: Mars, Water, Polar ice cap, Ice]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Parents and kids seem to be polar opposites. In my house, I have different views on certain topics than my parents. My parents were born in the 1970s and are part of the generation known as “Generation X”. I am from the generation known as “Generation Z” which includes people who were born in the late 1990s through 2010. There are days when my parents lecture me on a topic like Instagram, resulting in a fight. Differences in technology, culture, and education bring the large generation gaps within my family.... [tags: Generation Y, Cultural generations, Social media]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Lionel Andrés “Leo” Messi; born 24 June 1987, is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a forward for Spanish club FC Barcelona and the Argentina national team. Often considered the best player in the world and rated by many in the sport as the greatest of all time, Messi is the only football player in history to win the FIFA World Player of the Year/FIFA Ballon d’Or five times, which is the most prestige’s award, four of which he won consecutively, and the first player to win three European Golden Boots.... [tags: FC Barcelona, Lionel Messi, La Liga, Ronaldo]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- Polar Opposites in the Novel Sense or Sensibility Polar opposites. Night and day. Hot and cold. These are just some adjectives and nouns that are on opposite sides of the spectrum. The words are perfect ways of contrasting the characters of Marianne and Elinor in the novel Sense and Sensibility. Sense, defined as the ability to be aware of things around her describes Elinor. She is the calm, quiet and collective sister, who makes decisions based on practicality. Sensibility, or the trait of being affected by changes in surroundings fits Marianne.... [tags: Papers]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Do you tend to keep old things in order to preserve memories from the past. Do you know that it can be classified as a kind of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, a mental illness. The award-winning Canadian author Carrie Mac sets her story in this hardly touched field in her novel The Opposite of Tidy. Junie, an ordinary 16 year old girl in high school, appears to be no different from others. However, nobody knows how difficult her life has been: Junie’s mom is a compulsive hoarder, and her hoarding drives her husband away.... [tags: junie, obsessive-compulsive disorder]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- When we think of God, we associate good, light, force, and entity. Basically every good thought or anything associated with good is directed towards God. Likewise, when we think of the Devil, we automatically think of evil, and darkness. Every negative thought and bad emotion is linked with the Devil. This thought process is similar to the notion of dualism. The literal definition of dualism is the division of something conceptually into two opposed or contrasted aspects, or the state of being so divided.... [tags: dualism, devil, force, light]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- The more things change, the more they tend to remain the same. Years can pass and many things may appear different, yet most things remain as they were centuries ago, although they may be slightly altered. The Barcelona chair has showed face for the past eight decades, never changed and hardly reformed, the common Barcelona trend makes a 21st century come back. A trend, an easy entity to follow, todays trends however have had a de-ja-vu effect on today’s society. Many fashion and design trends have been seen and done before.... [tags: trend forecaster, music, film, literature]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- This report discusses Barcelona's famous architect, Antoni Gaudi. It also explores the intrinsic relationship between the city and the architect. The paper presents a brief biography of Gaudi and examines the general characteristics, influences, and styles of his work and creations. The paper describes four of Gaudi's many projects in Barcelona: the Sacred Family (La Sagrada Familia), La Pedrera (Casa Milà), La Casa Batlló and the Güell Park. Antoni Gaudi i Cornet was worn in the province of Tarragona in Catalonia in 1852.... [tags: Architect Gaudi Architecture]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- Trip to Barcelona Saturday morning, 24th of June 2004, 6.30am in the morning. Waking up for a twenty six hours long and boring bus ride to Barcelona with the Urdd. Leaving home and meeting down the bowlplex at 7:30am for a leaving time of 8am. Started the long and boring journey, we’ve finally reached the ferry after five hours. Had to wait on the bus for another hour waiting to get boarded on the ferry. The boys and I went straight for food, and then to the deck to stretch our legs.... [tags: Papers]
523 words (1.5 pages)