Bleep test – The bleep test is a V02 max assessment. By an athlete doing a bleep test it aids coaches to estimate a sports person’s maximum oxygen intake. It consist of a 20m shuttle run that has to be completed at a gradual pace according to the pauses between ‘beep’ noises played on a CD player.
Sit and reach test - This examination shows how flexible a sports person can be. To do this test correctly, you have to be sitting down with your knees stable to the ground, straight legs and your feet on a measuring box. The individual that is doing the test then has to stretch towards the wall, pushing a measurement marker like a ruler along the measurement lines of the box. By the sports person doing this, it will display the level of flexibility that they are capable of doing.
Vertical jump - The vertical jump test is done to measure an athlete’s power. The athlete needs to be measuring against a wall their highest point of reach, and then jump on the spot as high as they can to try and mark their highest point. The outcome is measured by calculating the distance between the first mark made, to the mark made during the athletes jump.
Illinois test - This is an agility test aimed to measure the levels of an athlete’s agility by setting out an awkwardly organised passage which makes the athlete change direction at speed whilst maintaining control and balance. The ambition is to do the test rapidly without knocking any of the cones down.
30m Sprint - The 30m sprint test consists of running at full speed for 30 meters, with the time being recorded. The athlete should do a warm up, with some practice starts. Start from a motionless position, with...
... middle of paper ...
...ssession, resulting in them putting their team-mates under pressure. This test is an efficient way to determine a players composure as well as their first touch, control and ability to play whilist being under pressure.
Shooting test - This is in the programme because if an offensive player does not have good accuracy in their finishing, they won’t constantly score goals. This will result in them losing possession whilst on the attack, then the team will not be ready for an opposition counter-attack.
Heading challenge -
Set piece challenge -
First touch test - This has been included in the programme because a football players first touch must be outstanding so that they gain full control of the ball. This then gives the player a relaxed, neutral position, with the ball under control, for them to proceed with a pass or a shot depending on their position on the pitch.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Statement Application to Infection and Immunity MSc Program I began high school in 2003. Like every other student I aimed for the so called high and prominent careers and my first choice was Medicine while my second choice was nursing. This led me to volunteer in a hospital immediately after High school but after the results were out I did not qualify for the Medicine program as a government sponsored student instead, I was selected for the General Science program. I did not know what the program entailed when I enrolled in the university but I embraced it positively and settled on making it work for me.... [tags: personal statement of purpose]
698 words (2 pages)
- Entity Business Plan Paper The purpose of the following paper is to be able to inform the reader(s) of the paper about the business goals of the ownership and operations of a Sports Bar Franchise. The topics of discussion will include the description of the goal of the business and subtopics of the types of goods and services that are provided by any Sports Bar Franchise, what types of customers will this business attract, and lastly, how and where the specified services are made available. The paper will also include dialogue about the strengths and weaknesses of an assorted of business organizations and which one would be most appropriate for the author’s business venture.... [tags: Business Plans]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- The field of athletic training is one of the fastest expanding careers today. This could be due to the much greater demand for health care providers. Athletic trainers specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating muscle and bone injuries. They work with a diverse group of patients, from young children to professional athletes. Athletic trainers are usually part of a sport medicine team, which tend to include a physician, physical therapist, and even a sport psychologist. Many athletic trainers work in educational facilities, such as high schools and colleges.... [tags: Sports Medicine ]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- The classroom I selected for this assignment is very unique in nature. I observed well over ten hours with a classroom at Outside In School of Experiential Education. Outside in is located on the outskirts of Ligonier, PA. Outside In is a residential facility that offers many services to western PA male youth ranging in age from 12-19 years old. Drug and alcohol recovery, behavioral therapy, and education are a few of the many services offered. Outside In upholds a private school license through the Department of Education.... [tags: Individualized Education Program, Education]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- Athletics, for a majority of the student population, provides a very meaningful experience in education. People that participate in athletics will have better self-esteem, social confidence, and more academic achievement. Participating in an athletic program will help the student contribute to the school community, which will help them identify with school values. One factor that may be overlooked in the participation of sports is that it helps students have better physical health. Students who participate in sports learn to respect their health and they will try to stay healthier than students who have never participated in a sport.... [tags: High school, Education, Middle school, Sport]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- "Politics has come to be considered not only inappropriate in the arena of sports, but actually antithetical to it," Zirin says. "We want so much to see sports solely as an arena of play, not seriousness. But here's the thing, this can cheapen not only the greatness and relevance of sports to us as a society, but also the courage of the athletes" . The pursuit of fame, wealth and status can blind the human conscience, which is why it is important for us to encourage athletes to voice their opinions.... [tags: Sports]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- Anton Chekhov is a master at showing aspects of real life; how fed up people are, how it really is without the everyday pleasantries, and how exploitable people are by one another. Chekhov uses these three aspects with great mastery to show his form of real life in his "Selected Stories." Chekhov shows how fed up people are with one another in his short story the "Jailer Jailed." This story is about a man, who is a prosecuting attorney, is actually living in his own jail; being married to his wife who lets him do nothing but wait on her hand and foot.... [tags: Selected Stories Essays]
406 words (1.2 pages)
- The Double Standard for The College Athlete In today’s college atmosphere equality is stressed but is there a double standard for the college student/athlete. In the paper I will briefly outline the various ways college athletes are among the chosen ones in the college realm. The differences are apparent from the beginning. Basically the college athlete is given an open door. When a regular student chooses a college he will apply, pay the app. Fee, and then hope his credentials are good enough.... [tags: Sports, Informative]
322 words (0.9 pages)
- Marilyn Hacker’s Selected Poems 1965-1990 Without question, I found Selected Poems to be the most challenging book we've read for this class. Strangely enough, in my rush to finish this book, I remained certain that somewhere in this often unsettling collection Marilyn Hacker would find a way to touch a cord or demand a response. When I reached Towards Autumn, the picture finally cleared and crystallized, and I realized I had arrived. Towards Autumn Thinking of her's (the daughter) like thinking of a lover I hope will someday grow to be a friend.... [tags: Hacker Selected Poems 1965-1990]
455 words (1.3 pages)
- Sports History and Sports Halls of Fame Below are websites dealing with sports history, particularly those halls of fame which exist. In the dead of winter, many people's interest turn to sports, and the nominees and inductees are announced for many halls, including professional baseball and professional football. Professional Baseball Hall of Fame http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/ This website discusses the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. The site combines baseball history and the Hall of Fame itself.... [tags: Sports]
1428 words (4.1 pages)