Through my internships during each university’s summer vacation, I realised although I have learnt some financial knowledge within courses and in my spare time, it is not enough for my career goal of becoming a junior quantitative analyst at an investment bank in the short term. Therefore, I would like to extend my understanding by acquiring systematic learning in Finance and
Business Economics at Alliance MBS.
In order to illustrate the preparation I have done in the past, I will demonstrate it through my quantitative analysis, financial focus and my internship experience.
To my understanding, this course requires solid quantitative skills. The average mark of my Economics degree was 72.5 in my first year and was 68.5 in my second year. I have achieved 95 in Mathematical Technique. It laid a solid foundation for my mathematical ability by learning and understanding formal mathematical definitions and theorems, and applying them to prove statements about real-valued functions. Meanwhile, I have also achieved First degree in Econometrics. It has provided me necessary communication and analytical skills through doing group projects and supported me to be able to critically appraise work in the area of applied economics. With these marks, I hope to graduate with a first class honour degree.
In order to achieve my ambition of being a financial analyst, I have also concentrated my efforts on acquiring financial knowledge. I have tried to figure out the financial of an enterprise through ratio analysis, such as ROCE and P/E ratio in exercises. Furthermore, I have made a DCF analysis for Burberry in the University as an equity research group activity. In order to systematically learn more financial knowledge, the Found...
... middle of paper ...
...emic foundation, strong abilities, charismatic personality, and great passion for the subjects qualify me as a candidate for the MSc Finance and Business Economics at Alliance MBS.
Further training needs in sharpening my understanding in all-rounded financial knowledge
leads to my application to Alliance MBS. A great setting of modules is presented through a
wide range of financial and economics modules, which are all important leading a student to
the professional standards in real-life business conditions.
I am looking forward to studying the MSc
at Alliance MBS,
not only for its reputation and the internationally leading academics, but also for its
outstanding facilities. As mentioned,
from the MBS career service and Alliance MBS alumni, it will be easier for me to find a job
Additionally, with the strong assistance
or internship in the near future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Business Ethics Leadership Alliance Case Study The Business Ethics and Leadership Alliance formed in 2008. The goal of BELA is to create a set of standards that group members adopt in order to prevent ethics violations. Consequently, alliance members are required to conform to BELA’s legal, transparency, conflict identification, and accountability standards. The goal is to increase the positive reputation of businesses by meeting ethical and social responsibilities. While some see the alliance as a positive step for organizations, others see another façade to pacify an angry public.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Morality, Philosophy]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- I have grown a lot over the past year. Not only have I developed academically, but I have also grown as human being. I just finished my first year of college so I am not even close to being done developing. The classes I have taken and the people around me have had a huge impact on how I view the world around me. Back in Antioch I never used to notice so many aspects such as diversity and so many issues such as poverty. I feel that it is still too early to tell how I can make an impact on society since I am only about to be a sophmore, and I still have so much to learn about the world.... [tags: Homelessness, Poverty, Economics, Business]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- It must be a consistent push, a push that may imperceptible at first. This push must be consistent and it must have the proper motives. Once the goal is clear, the pursuer must be in for the long run. The flywheel doesn’t move easily. It’s not easy to move from Good to Great. I want to move from Good to Great during my college experience in a few different ways. First of all, by the end of college I want to be highly educated in my field. I desire to have applicable skills in my field, relative knowledge and understanding, and real life work experience in my field by the time my four or five years are up.... [tags: Happiness, Need, Economics, Want]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Every Number Tells a Story Financial statements can provide a wealth of information about a given organization. These statements provide information about the company’s financial position, cash flows, operations, performance and changes in the financial position. This information may be used as part of the decision making process for employees, shareholders, investors and competitors. Based upon these financial statements, key ratios are used to provide additional insight as to the financial health of a given company.... [tags: Income statement, Financial statements, Cash flow]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Campaign Party: The Democratic Alliance 1. Introduction to the DA 2. Initiating the campaign 2.1. Charter 2.2. Project Statement 3. Planning the Campaign 3.1. Project Description 3.2. Project Goals and Objectives 3.3. Scope 4. Execution of the Campaign 4.1. Execution Strategy 4.2. Project Organisation 4. 3. Project Facilities and Resources 4.4 Project Stakeholders 5. References 1. Introduction: The Democratic Alliance (DA) is a South African political party that’s roots lie in the anti-apartheid movement of the 1970’s, at this time it was known as the Progressive Party, it renamed its self the Democratic alliance in the 1990’s.... [tags: campaign, planning, alliance, voters]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- Business is such a vital subject and after visting many developing countries I have learnt the fundamentals of a country lie within their economy. I developed a great passion for business after seeing the effect of economic policies on countries and the world. My brother studying business and economics at university gave me the knowledge to explore more into the subject before I studied business related subjects at A level. I have a great passion for reading different types of literature in particular autobiographies, I have read many including Bill Gates, James Caan and Cherie Blair.... [tags: Economics, Management, High school, Business]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Economics Plan for a Business ROUND 1 I decided to produce seven (7) units based on the initial guidance of requiring less than 20 units being produced. The guidance also stated that in past production cycles I produced between 1-10 units. The next factor was the Market Research and the composition of a total of six companies that manufacture the same product. This led me to determine that the market demand forecast would be between $50K and $100K per unit considering all six companies. Upon selecting the total number of units seven and the other companies populated with lesser units I determined that I would receive the larger market share overall.... [tags: Business Economics Plan]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- 1) The current recession is the longest since the Great Depression in the 1930's. We are still far from a recovery with unemployment at about 9.7% and weekly new jobless claims at 442,000+. In your view, are we about to grow out of the recession or will it continue. In addition to the unemployment data, support your positions with such economic indicators as: new housing starts, used home sales, GDP growth, etc. The current recession or financial crises began in United States of America and created a domino effect of creating instability in the financial markets the world over; the spark of this recession ignited fire around December 2007.... [tags: Economics ]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Economics for Business The Euro is the common currency of the European Monetary Union (EMU). The national currencies of the participating countries were replaced with Euro coins and bills on January 1, 2002. The countries that participate in the Euro Monetary Union (EMU) are Belgium, Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, and Finland (http://europa.eu.int/eoro/entry.html). These countries irrevocably established the conversion rates between their respective national currencies and the euro and created a monetary union with a single currency, giving birth to the euro.... [tags: Economics]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Definition of Topic: Economics is the study of supply and demand. It defines the ways that human beings allocate resources and how resources are distributed amongst a market. It allows you to see trends in current market places and predict what may happen in the future. Many different subjects were once regarded as a part of economics. Political science and even sociology were once considered part of the field. These subjects still play a major role in understanding economics but are also completely separate disciplines today.... [tags: Understanding Economics Essays]
1694 words (4.8 pages)