Everything you need to know about dual credit
Getting ahead in school work is something that most people want to do. Whether it be just taking AP courses, skipping a grade, or taking dual credit classes. If you want to take AP classes at Legacy, sorry, you’re out of luck. However, there is an alternative way to earn college credit at Legacy. This is by taking dual credit classes. Taking a dual credit class means that you will be taking a college course that is given by a college for both college credit and high school credit. Yes, you read that right. If you do dual credit, you will be taking college level courses, and BE in college while you are in high school.
If you are interested in taking dual credit classes, there a couple things you must know. First is that you will be taking classes at Collin County Community College, or CCCC. You will either be taking the classes online, on campus (face-to-face), or a blended class. A blended class means that you will take classes both online and face-to-face, but more than 50% of your class will be online. Another thing is that you must get AT LEAST an 80 in your dual credit class to get credit for both college and high school. If you get less than an 80, you will receive college credit but not high school credit, so you have to make sure that do well in all your dual credit classes.
If you are really serious about this, then there are steps that have to be followed in order to be able to take dual credit classes. First, you must apply for CCCC. This means that Collin accepts you in their college. Then you have to complete a High School Student Enrollment Permission Form and either email it to the college or go in person to the college and turn it...
... middle of paper ...
...l it to Collin. Also, there is mandatory training on preventing sexual violence that must be taken by all students. If there is a hold on your account, this may be the reason. Mr. Sanford will help you register for your classes, whether they be online or face-to-face. The school will pay for your tuition, so don’t worry there. They will also pay for your textbooks for your classes. Regardless of what type of class you taking, you should go to Collin and get your photo ID.
If you followed all these steps you should be able to take dual credit classes! Make sure to take to Mr. Sanford for more information and all of these steps are listed (and with links to forms) on the Collin College dual credit website,www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/dualcredit/. Good luck to anyone taking the TSI and I wish the best of luck to any students currently enrolled in dual credit classes!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Terminology You Need to Know to Comprehend Your Credit ranking Report NEGATIVE CREDIT CAN COME WITH SERIOUS PROBLEMS Your credit rating is a overview of your "consumer character" and as such, can have some pretty bad effects with the wrong details. Our lives for the most aspect center around the choices we create and we are presented with those choices daily, sometimes many times a day. Poor choices, such as spending too much money or over increasing yourself from a credit viewpoint can have a lasting impact on you and your ability to continue making similar choices at a later time frame and time, sometimes, in the case of a personal bankruptcy, up to ten decades.... [tags: Debt, Credit rating, Credit, Credit history]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- Bad credit can happen to anyone. Unexpected medical expenses, a sudden job loss, or even just youthful indiscretion with credit cards can quickly destroy a decent credit score. At ABC MotorCredit, we understand that there are plenty of good, responsible people who have less than perfect credit scores. Even if your credit has some problems, you still need a car and ABC MotorCredit can help make it happen. Read on to learn more about why when you shop with ABC MotorCredit, you shouldn’t worry too much about your credit score.... [tags: Credit score, Credit, Credit history]
700 words (2 pages)
- Credit cards are something that are almost needed in everyday life now, as most dont have the money available to purchase a car or house and so need credit, thus needing credit cards to help build that credit. Those cards are hard to handle, and receiving applications in the mail daily, and commercials appearing on television don’t seem to make the struggle of staying away any easier. This starts to spark an interest. So people begin to think, "I think I 'm responsible enough to get a credit card, I 'll only use it for emergencies." Then the application process begins and it may take a couple times to finally be approved for one.... [tags: Credit card, Credit history, Credit score, Debt]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- This world declares that the strong will advance and be successes and the weak will fall behind the rest and have to live with whatever they happen to receive. One thing that the strong have in common is that they are educated and this education adds to their persona of being the leaders of today. I hope to be a strong leader someday just as my idols have, and if I am to do this I must get my education and succeed in school before I battle the real world. One way I can get on track to becoming a member of the strong after I graduate is to take part in dual credit courses.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- A car with bad credit, just like any other car, will give you the ride you want. Okay, they might not be served on a platter but if you need a car.... but they are worth the ride. Customers suffer from bad credit circumstances do not mean they are bad people. It only means things happened. And every loan lender that is providing you with bad credit car loans do understand that. With car loans for bad credit you not only get the car you want there are added surprises on the runway. Chances that you are getting Bad credit car loans are extremely bright.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Credit, Personal finance]
711 words (2 pages)
- If you need money for something other than your living expenses, then credit cards and personal loans may be the way to go. If you need money for your living expenses, then you need to improve your budgeting, and you may benefit from an overdraft rather than a personal loan. An arranged overdraft may be suitable if you are having money troubles. If you are having trouble making ends meet, then credit card or personal loan is not the answer because they will increase your monthly outgoings, which will make it harder to make ends meet.... [tags: Credit, Debt, Credit card, Loan]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- English 1301 is the first dual credit course that I have taken. Without any previous experience in a college course, I had no idea of what to expect. I anticipated that it would be a tough class and different from any other high school course I have taken, but I knew it would be worth the time and work. Throughout this course I have met the four student outcomes that were expected to be learned, as shown through the three essays I have produced this semester. One of the four student outcomes states that students will be able to use rhetorical terminology to describe writing.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Rhetoric, School terminology]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Final Essay Assignment-Dual Credit History Difference:Civil War. Slaves:Emancipation Proclamation. These are just a few of the problems that started and finished slavery. No doubt that we’ve all had essays, projects, class work, or even seen a movie or two that have dealt with slavery. We know that slaves were ripped from their home countries and families, sent to America, and were forced to work. Undoubtedly, the Civil War was one of the notable worst periods in America. In the light of only knowing more about the War and common “American” perspective, it is easy to dismiss the thought of what actually happened to the enslaved during and after the war.... [tags: African American, American Civil War, Slavery]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- A credit score impacts the credit that is accessible to you and the terms investment rate, and so forth, that moneylenders offer customers. It 's an essential piece of the clients credit wellbeing. When one seeks credit whether for a credit card, an auto loan, or a home loan banks need to realize what hazard they would take by crediting cash to a person. At the point when bank lenders request a client 's credit report, they can also request a FICO rating that is focused around the data in the report.... [tags: Credit score, Credit, Credit rating]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Credit Card Importance There are many different topics about personal finance that are important to me but the one that sticks out is Credit Cards and Debt. This is important to me as a college student because Credit Card companies tend to target students. They do this because they know they are into the new trends and don’t always do research when it comes to interest rates, and polices that credit card companies have. Many students just sign up before reading what they are getting their self’s into.... [tags: Interest, Debt, Credit history, Loan]
1088 words (3.1 pages)