When I tell people I attended an all female catholic high school majority of the reactions are “Wow! I am so sorry that must have been horrible,” but I would not have changed my high school experience. Seton High School allowed me to grow as a person and as a writer. We broke down gender stereotypes, showing that although we are women, we are on the same level as men are when it comes to education. Due to being an all female school we valued learned to value our education, when hearing about women in other countries not having access to education it makes us think of how special it is to be able to attend the school we attend. When entering high school, I was a below average writer, I became self-conscious about writing and talking about what I wrote about to the class. Having the support of other women made me more confident in my writing and public speaking skills.
My The common misconception is men are better at math and science while wom...
... middle of paper ...
...we analyzed things. We were able to read different types of work that talked about God or related things to religion. It allowed us to write about pieces that had a undertone of God and make it a topic of our paper. This opened up for more discussion in the classroom, when opening up about religion we were not limited to Catholicism but we could talk about other world religions.
Attending an all female high school changed the way I value my education. We set out to break the preconceived notions of gender stereotypes in the education system. This allowed for my English class to be taught in a nonconventional way by reading pieces that with the main theme being feminism, which would not have been done in a coed school. My English teacher, Mrs. Brookbank, taught me how to be a writer and express my ideas into a paper. She also taught me how to analyze pieces of work.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Ultimate Teacher-Personal Narrative There have been very few people in my life that have been able to grab my attention, captivate me, and then make me say "this is what I want to do!" Mr. Molina, my high school world history teacher, did just that. All teachers do their job, some just do it, others do it very well, but few leave a lasting impact on a student's life. Today I am in college as an education major, headed for the life of a high school history teacher. Mr. Molina's appearance in front of a class, his unique teaching style, and his uncanny ability to make class fun are the main reasons I feel this is what I want to do.... [tags: Papers]
406 words (1.2 pages)
- Less dressy than a button-up, but more formal than a graphic tee, polo shirts are possibly the most versatile clothing option for women. Because of the high demand, many different retailers produce polo shirts. A retailer’s aspiration is to create a polo with appealing characteristics to make their polo shirt look better than their competition’s. Creating an appealing, simple color scheme, as well as a colorful tag containing all the great features their polo has makes a good impression on their target audience.... [tags: graphic tees, polo shirts, clothing brand]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Wearing Christian T-Shirts A life defining moment of mine was when I started wearing Christian t-shirts instead of everyday t-shirts. The old t-shirts just seem so bland to me now, and I did not really care for them as much as the others. I also preferred the messages that were on the Christian t-shirts. Most of the time the messages would make fun of something, like laundry detergent Tide, or commonly use phrases, such as armed and dangerous. After a short period of time, I started to shop only at Sunshine for my t-shirts.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
394 words (1.1 pages)
- Marco Polo began his travels in 1271 with his father and uncle from Venice on a journey east. What was it that made Polo such a known and remembered traveler. Was it because he worked alongside Kublai Klan for 17 years, or because the stories that he brought back after his years of travel. He traveled for 24 years throughout Asia, beginning alongside his father and sometimes traveling alone. Polo had a tough early childhood but the rest of his travels made up for his loss of his mother at an early age.... [tags: Mongol Empire, Marco Polo, Genghis Khan]
1417 words (4 pages)
- Hair, a topic that has been and still is very talked about. Questions like curly or straight, beach waves or messy bun are everywhere, but let us go deeper than just the “do” we are getting. Let’s talk about how our hair helps us, why it suits us and why it is that most of us have a different perspective about our own hair, which was specifically chosen for us. We’ll talk about all hair types, from curly to straight and all those others in between, and also why some of us are not happy with our natural type.... [tags: Hair, Long hair, Tonsure, Hair follicle]
2151 words (6.1 pages)
- One of the world’s greatest explorers was Marco Polo. Known for his travels to China, the book he wrote about his expeditions, The Travels of Marco Polo, and his sharing of Asian spices, marked him as a great influence in the 13th century and beyond. Italy was not tranquil in the 13th century. Famine spread across Europe because of poor harvests. Crops failed because of seasonal floods. In the winter of 1315-1316, the peasants ate the seeds before they could sell them because they were so hungry.... [tags: marco polo, crop failure, 13th century]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- Job/Team: I play for the Marist College water polo team. I practice five days a week, for about four hours a day (6:45 am to 11:00 am). We are a spring sport and dedicate the entire fall semester to getting ready for spring season. We even cut our winter break down two weeks shorter to get in extra practice. Winter break practice is a lot harder because there are no rules and regulations on the amount of time we are allowed to practice. If the coaches so please, they can keep us in the water the entire time without a break.... [tags: Game, Play, Goalkeeper, Water polo]
2250 words (6.4 pages)
- Human history is filled with the names of bold explorers who ventured into the great unknown, only to come out basked in glory as some of the great heroes of their day. Among the grandest are Marco Polo, who provided little known information about the Far East to Europeans, and Hernan Cortes, the great Spanish conquistador who is given credit for the defeat of the Mexica Empire. These two famous explorers are also ideal case studies to analyze the influence of expectations, interests, and of reality on the accounts of the places and people that these men encountered during their voyages.... [tags: Hernan Cortes, Marco Polo]
2074 words (5.9 pages)
- Hair Speech Hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body next to bone marrow. Hair has gone from being something that grows on our body to a fashion phenomenon that makes or breaks a person. They are many aspects to having fabulous and healthy hair; it is way more complex than we think. Hopefully by the end of this speech you gain a little more knowledge about your hair and some of the best ways to take care of it. Main Points that will be addressed are: • Hair growth history/ facts about the process of hair growth • Classification of different hair types (names) • Suggestions/ some tips of how to take care of your hair (all hair types) Hair Facts There are about 5 million hair follicl... [tags: Hair, Hair follicle, Long hair, Hair care]
717 words (2 pages)
- Hair Artists Without them we'd all be bald. You either need, know one or perhaps are one. What am I talking about you ask. Hair artists. Only a few of us can envision a design on the head of someone and successfully accomplish it. Only a few of us could possibly do it on our own heads. It's a talent no matter what, a talent that is sometimes ignored and at times not thought too highly of. I call hairstylists hair artists because they share their art of creation and imitation for many people on a daily-basis.... [tags: Hair Stylists Dressers Personal Narrative Papers]
4507 words (12.9 pages)