Constructivist teacher Ben Johnson writes on his blog that, “ “…great teachers do not teach.” They stack the deck, “…so that students have a reason to learn…” making, “…[their] knowledge become [more] permanent and cherished rather than illusory and irrelevant.” Prior to this class, had someone asked me what a constructivist teacher l...
... middle of paper ...
...ends helped me along the way; however, the main influences on my life were my teachers. In my experiences I have defined a teacher as someone who believes in their students, someone that allows their pupils to seek the knowledge and wisdom that will stay with them beyond the classroom, and who encourage their students to step out of their comfort zones. Mrs. Hallberg is a fine educator, and a person that I believe merits nothing less but the utmost respect. Being an educator is not just about teaching, but also changing someone’s life from nothing to a completely different person. I do admit of course that no teacher is perfect, there are many memories I associate with this class; some happy, some sad, but all the while completely memorable. I still wouldn’t be giving her proper credit if I said that without her, it would be impossible for me to be where I am now.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Comparative Educator Report Teacher’s inspired students to do great things during their school years. Teachers love to see the improvement of their students and are a connection to a development of learning. The teacher wants the best for their students and at the same time, they are rewards on seen it their students to success. A success future is what students have and teachers teach for guarantee the wish. Two different teacher give me their opinion why they love teaching and it was a great honor to interview them.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
1387 words (4 pages)
- With Bibles in the desks and a smile on his face, Mr. Murphy was ready to teach. He taught us about our faith and God. He made it sounds like no other teacher has before. I was very excited for day two. Ever since then, Mr. Murphy has inspired me and helped me grow intellectually. Mr. Murphy is the religion teacher for juniors and seniors at St. Thomas Aquinas High School. My first year with him was like a time to grasp our thoughts on our personal faith and beliefs. He was introducing us to a whole new way of learning.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- I come from a very small, rural town, where my parents instilled many good qualities in me from such a young age. The one quality that stands out the most to me is ambition. With strong ambition, I plan on fulfilling my dream of becoming a teacher, and possibly school counselor one day. My inspiration and desire to become a teacher comes from my mother, who has so much care and passion for education, and her students. She taught junior and senior high mathematics for twenty seven years, before retiring.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Lesson plan]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- I had a lot of emotions going through my mind this past week. First, the week prior, I was so fortunate to be able to attend Teacher Personal Development all week. I attending curriculum changes, a school all-day staff meeting, and then ended the week with Convocation 2015. I was massively overwhelmed the week prior to school. Trying to adjust to my new schedule, new people, and trying to just fit in. Realizing that I do not have a job, yet every single day that I am on campus, I am applying for a position is such a nervous realization.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Certified teacher, School]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Brad Henry once said “A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” I agree one hundred percent. If our students don’t have hope that they can learn what we are teaching them, if they can’t imagine a story or a new game, and if they don’t love at least some of the things that they are learning then school is pointless for them because they are not going to get much out of it. We as teachers can do these things in a variety of ways. One way is using many different forms of instruction in the classroom.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Aerosmith, School]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Historically, teachers in rural and remote schools have been recent graduates (Sharplin, 2002, p50). Herzog & Pitman evaluate the importance of teacher background and personal characteristics in retaining teachers in rural schools, explaining that teachers who come from urban settings with no experience in rural schools experience significant difficulty in commitment and integrating themselves in rural school communities (Herzog & Pittman, 1995, p3). This issue raises questions about what makes a rural teacher and how these preparations can be developed to help teachers fit into the rural school community to increase retention and recruitment for rural and remote schools (Commonwealth School... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Research]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- I believe that Literature is the soul to the imagination. I may be mistaken, but that is the beauty of literary words. There is no truth, no right nor wrong, yet there is just about everything to learn on life. Miss Brown, my form four English teacher, has really inspired me in ways I never though were possible. She is definitely one in a billion. Before meeting Miss Brown, I had absolutely no interest in Literature. She was a tall, slender, blonde woman, with many life experiences: from working in South Africa during apartheid times, and surviving breast cancer.... [tags: literature, teachers, ]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- When becoming a teacher, there are so many motivations one can have. My number one motivator is the students. I want to do everything in my power to make them enjoy school, learning and be happy with themselves. Another reason I want to be a teacher is how comfortable I feel around kids and how happy they make me. I can’t even begin to explain how much fun I have; it doesn’t even feel like work. As I could go on and on about how kids make me feel, my main goal is to be able to be a motivator for all my students.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Education, Need]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- Teacher Interview Essay While attending Miami Edison Sr. High school, I had the honor of interviewing my field experience teacher Mr. Armand. He was born in Haiti. He came to America when he was 13. He graduated from Miami Edison Sr. high in 1992. He earned his associated in art degree at Miami Dade College. In 2001 he graduated from Florida International University with his bachelor in art and master degrees. He has taught at Miami Edison for 15 years. He teaches intensive mathematics and college algebra.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- We all remember our teachers and for different reasons but an outstanding teacher, ones that we truly remember and cherish that memory have in some way moulded our lives. Outstanding teacher really can change lives. We often hear people say they were inspirational, they made me love school/a subject, I love being in their lessons… Whilst writing this section I reflected on my time as a primary school pupil and three very different teachers in three very different schools immediately came to mind… and probably have never been too far from my consciousness.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, George Bernard Shaw]
930 words (2.7 pages)