Essay PreviewMore ↓
This paper includes the process of online business; how to sell a product, advertising, various ways to create awareness and how to become a reseller. Laws and conditions for an online business.
This article includes the process of online business; how to sell a product, advertising, various ways to create awareness and how to become a reseller. Additionally it consists of Laws and conditions for an online business, spamming, electronic signatures and online sales tax.
At the very start, internet revolution was known as a world wide web that would change everything. In 1990s, the concept of "online business" was created, this business is known by various names such as dot-coms, e-biz etc. which made easier to start a business on internet and inexpensive as well. Whether it's a big or a small, local or international it can reach infront of the world very easily. Thousands of ventures have been made on internet for online business on the basis of brick and mortar. Online business is not different from any other venture. Same rules and principles are applied. First thing to start up a business is to create a business plan and think of how to make money. Some of the options which should be applied for an online business includes, sell products, sell advertising, sell information, sell services and to become a reseller. All of these options are complied together. For any virtual business an individual should always look for products with high margins, high demand and less competition either for physical or digital manner. However, many services are sold on internet such as web hosting, domain name registration, software applications and comparison of different products and services. Selling information is another basic option in an online business which is done in two forms, one is subscribing on a website where online articles are available for free and on the other hand e-books are popular and are free, they can be downloaded easily plus when the writing is done the cost of subscription is very low. Advertising on internet leads toward a lot of money though it's an expensive procedure, with a lot of traffic on a web site one can make money easily by joining any kind of ad network such as Google. By getting affiliated with another web site can also make a lot of money such as sending a buyer on another merchant's web page, like this one can get a percentage on per sale basis but first an individual needs to get expert in marketing for search engines.
How to Cite this Page
"Online Business." 123HelpMe.com. 21 May 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A. Develop a proposal for an online business expansion in which you do the following: 1. Discuss how you will facilitate customer payment using e-commerce solutions (e.g., how the transaction will take place, including the tools customers will use). There are a wide range of options available for shopping carts solutions related to ecommerce. Many factors go into the final decision for the payment option; funding, support staff, time and security just to name a few. A shopping cart that would be a good choice for the Cancer Care and Research Center (CCRC) is Volusion 2013.... [tags: e-commerce solutions]
2840 words (8.1 pages)
- 1. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of taking your small business online by performing a SWOT analysis. Include 2-4 items in each category. What is a SWOT analysis. It is an evaluation of strengths and weaknesses of a business unit and identification of opportunities presented by the markets of business units and threats posed by competitors. Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats is what the letters of SWOT resemble (Schneider 2001 page 32).. Inside a business are where the strengths and weaknesses are found and what each business is capable of handling.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- E-Commerce Solution (Ability to Pay Online) According to U.S. Census data, e-commerce sales are increasing at a rate faster than traditional offline retail sales, raking in approximately $190 billion in sales in 2011 (Beesley , 2012). This is one of the primary reasons why offline stores and business owners are using e- commerce as a means of expanding their business. Using the internet or other computer network to transact and facilitate any business is e-commerce. E-commerce may be in the form of online shopping, internet banking, online auctions, electronic payments, gathering and use of demographic data and security of business transactions to name a few.... [tags: internet, services, search engines]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- Having a business plan is so important to you as an online marketer. But most people, who start online businesses, especially small businesses, do not really take the initiative to make a business plan. Probably they think that it 's not necessary. But for sure there is little you can achieve in life without proper planning. More so in the contemporary times when survival depends largely on one 's ability to organize your physical and mental resources well. The future is actually for those who are organized.... [tags: Management, Small business, Plan, Business]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- There are laws and regulations that are required to have an e-business. To have an e-business there are two types of legislation that would affect the online business of selling widgets. Traditional consumer protection regulations apply to all sales made online through the website. Secondly, there are regulations that are designed to deal with issues and problems with online sales. The traditional consumer protection regulations protect consumers such as the California individual who bought the widget over the Internet.... [tags: First Amendment to the United States Constitution]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Help and support Beginners often need guidance, that is why they need services like these. The best online business plan services will have staff that specializes in legal and business matters to help you transform your plan into practice. You don't need to go through a painful trial and error process as experts are already there to guide you. LivePlan LivePlan simplifies the process of writing a business plan by giving you access to your work and materials from any computer that has an internet connection.... [tags: success, plan, demographics]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- The huge majority of web-based enterprisers acquire the misstep of NEVER assessing their online business ideas. These people hop instantly in to developing a website or possibly even a product or service, only to uncover that nobody wishes to order it. You should not need to create that mistake simply because assessing your online business ideas is actually hassle-free and rapid. Below is the way you can execute it in 6 actions. One particular critical concept that you really should have to always remember is usually that you shouldn 't be trying to find an absolutely unmarked business category.... [tags: World Wide Web, Search engine optimization]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- Online Business Abstract This paper includes the process of online business; how to sell a product, advertising, various ways to create awareness and how to become a reseller. Laws and conditions for an online business. Online Business Introduction This article includes the process of online business; how to sell a product, advertising, various ways to create awareness and how to become a reseller. Additionally it consists of Laws and conditions for an online business, spamming, electronic signatures and online sales tax.... [tags: Ecommerce Ebusiness]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- Times are changing. Now the customer is in charge of having a product be sold than the business itself. It was not long ago when firm’s main purpose was to increase production and not value the quality of a product. However, now firms are more concerned about the products quality than its production… if there’s no quality, there won’t be any production. Anyone anywhere can share anything they wish, and it seems that customers have started to write reviews of products they have purchased.... [tags: Stock market, Stock, Marketing, Management]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Smartsheet is online software used by business to manage any kind of work. It is an easy tool with pre-built templates that can be used to create, edit, and share projects. Significant features Business can subscribe for a fee have access to the Smartsheet features. For example, people can have access to the program from any device. In addition, they can share the work with other team members. Also, Smartsheet can send reminders and notifications to keep everybody on task. It has access to a calendar and from the calendar you can export a project, print it, or email it to others.... [tags: Employment, The Work, Team, The A-Team]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
Sometimes, it gets hard to sell a product on internet. There are various methods to be applied for selling products online, such as eBay which it self can help to sell a product, if a business has started on small scale than an experiment with eBay is most important. Drop shippers is another choice, it's a process where a wholesaler will ship directly towards a customer. In this way investment is not necessary. It can be done by finding a local business or low scale businesses which offer's the right product which is not yet into online business, it can help to exchange percentage if it is sold online. Another way to sell products is to buy them in a huge quantity which means many of the seller gives a discount for buying their products like this and then to sell them online. Competition is another problem for any online business. It is very necessary to analyze the competition that every business should attempt, web sites change so quickly that it becomes very hard to keep an eye for what they are doing. Search engine's can be used to find another company which can be done by writing different kinds of keywords, web sites which appear on the first page of the search engine are the ones who are succeeding in this game. In order to recognize the same company to check out their updates, a bookmark is must for marking out those web sites. Following stuff should be kept in mind while analyzing a competitor's web site, usability, site content, search engine ranking, benefits, promotions and offers. All the characteristics are shown on the web site while examining the web site. (Ana Rincon)
When internet business grew and became popular in many states, the legislation took action for electronic and digital signatures. When E-Sign took place the question arose that whether it takes such state laws on the subject. an electronic signature is an electronic data used for parties to a transaction. This signature is a unique, electronic and is in a form of a code for electronic contracts or documents, this allow the parties for easier and quicker transaction without any paper work. Electronic signatures are also define as an electronic sound or process which is associated with a contract which accepted by a person to sign a record. A policy was made for on the basis of E-Sign's that the legal electronic signatures and records cannot be denied because they are in electronic form but if the states law modifies and points out an alternate process for the use of electronic signatures or records for such procedures with the involvement of E-Sign may not validate only one type of technology. Online business should keep in their mind that individual states can add various laws affecting electronic signatures. However, legislation has failed to enact bulk, commercial e-mailing etc. In order to balance financial structure most of the companies use e-mail as very helpful tool for advertising and marketing because it's has potential vast reach and at times e-mail is used for sending beneficial information to specific consumers according to their requests. Furthermore, It should be noted that commercial e-mails are often send as bulk which is also known as spamming. Many laws have been passed but it didn't help to enact anti-spam law. In United States, court passed a law for retailers that they cannot collect sales if a customer is in another state tax unless they have physical presence. If an online business is selling tangible products than sales tax is required. A state may requires collecting taxes on sales from its resident which are out of the state. Such taxes are also known as 'use' taxes. Although, the main point is that for any state it is very difficult to enforce laws, so the state only rely on honor system for collecting use taxes. (Encyclopedia)
Rincon, Ana. "Online Business/Hosting" http://onlinebusiness.about.com/cs/startingup/a/101.htm
An informative article, consists of various methods to start an online business easily.
Encyclopedia. "Online Business"
It's all about laws and restrictions for online business, spamming and internet sales tax.