A lot is shown in this 30 second advert many symbols, different images, all kinds of colours and a small variety of people. The first thing we see is a person holding a magazine with a women's face on it, the name of the women on the magazine is Caroline Penri after this a celebration is revealed there is a lot of people everywhere smiling and laughing and drinking most of these people are white, then we see two children they were boys and they were also white. After the boys were shown, we see bottles of total effects (the product), next we perceive the same two boys shown before, though this time they seem to be upset. After the upset boys are shown, we see the woman that was shown at the beginning (Caroline Penri) in bed with a man next to her. The last thing the advert portrays is a variety of cakes with numbers on them the numbers were 27, 30, 33, 34 and 36. One thing that really stood out to me in this advert is the numbers they had used like a list, 1 wedding, 2 kids, 43 bottles of total effects, 7 signs, 185 tantrums, 378 pre-dawn starts and 9 birthdays.
This small advert has produced so many stereotypes and discourses for discussion and debates. The first thing we see is a celebration, there are mostly white people all drinking and happy, in the advertisement it states that it is wedding. This is producing a discourse of ethnicity becau...
... middle of paper ...
...he media as much as the ones for women are. An advertisement like this is definitely one a feminist would disagree with they would argue that it is oppressing women in to staying young and beautiful.
It is shocking how many discourses a 30 second advertisement can produce. Many people will see this advertisement differently to the way I have perceived it. But I still think that it is quite clear how much of a stereotypical view this advertisement is portraying. It has succeeded in attracting many customers and has helped sell a lot of the product. It is producing this kind of fear among women about old age that aging isn’t a good thing, once they are 30 they need to start looking after their face because they are getting old. Women need to totally make sure that they always look young or that is it, their life is over. Media does a very good job at portraying this.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When we’re flipping through a Cosmopolitan magazine, we often times don’t stop to observe advertisements. Some might catch our eye at first glance and some we may hardly recognize. Dove and Olay chose certain colors, repetition, sayings, size, lines and strategies when they developed their advertisements for body wash. Both companies have good and bad things about the advertisements they had published in the magazine that is aimed towards young adults. The two ad’s might make one feel completely different, while they both serve the same purpose.... [tags: dove, olay, advertisement, cosmopolitan]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Total Quality Management is a way to deal with administration that was set up or began in the 1950 's and throughout the year has turned into an extremely famous and fundamental component to achievement in the business world. The idea of Total Quality Management references to the way of life and mentality of an association that is in consistent movement of change to give top quality items and administrations to the client base that will fulfill client needs and needs (Padhi, 2008). The way of life and demeanor of the association is essential is admiration to all levels of an association and is the thing that adds to authoritative operations.... [tags: Management, Total quality management]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Why Use an Arm Fat Cream. A lot of people keep looking for creams, lotions, gels and other cosmetic products to get rid of unsightly cellulite under the arms. Cellulite or fat makes it impossible for you to flaunt your body. It can have a major impact on your self esteem and confidence. If you have been looking for a cream to get rid of cellulite in your arms, you should choose a high quality arm fat cream. In this post, we have discussed all the information about such products to help you make an informed choice.... [tags: Effect, Effectiveness, Scar, Supergroup]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream As summer is fast approaching, the sounds of the ice cream truck can be heard all over the neighborhood. Recently these ice cream trucks have been replaced by frozen yogurt trucks, a healthier alternative to ice cream. Ice cream is filled with calories and fat grams, however even though people are calorie conscious, the ice-cream industry is a multi billion dollar business. In 2014, Breyers ice cream came into the top five highest earning ice cream companies in America.... [tags: Ice cream, Milk, Dairy product, Butterfat]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Ice Cream Who does not love a scoop of indulgent ice cream. However, does anyone really know how or why people came to like, or more importantly, eat ice cream to this day. Ice cream has been around since the 13th century, maybe even before then, but the actual discovery or creation of ice cream still has yet to be answered. Since its creation, it has made its way all around the globe and has been altered by many cultures to fit their specific qualifications. With different lifestyles and desires, ice cream not only can be altered in flavor, but also has been changed to give many nutritional benefits for those of certain qualities and needs.... [tags: Ice cream, Milk, Custard, Butterfat]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- Our main target markets are essentially people of all ages; tweens, teens, Generation X and Y as we targeting on families as they are usually composed of all types of generations. But, we are concentrating on families from Northwest Iowa, particularly Sioux County since our products are still on introductory stage. Therefore, we are using concentrated targeting strategy as we “can better meet the needs of a narrowly defined segment” and allow us to compete with larger firms which would lead to us to greater financial achievement.... [tags: Milk, Ice cream, Marketing, Dairy product]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- 1. Which segments of the general external environment, if any, are relevant to the Russian. Cream industry. Why. One of the favorite snack and desert of Russians since 1900s ice cream was considered one of the best in the world. The popularity had grown since and in 1990 the per capita consumption of ice cream by Russians was 6.95 pounds mainly distributed through kiosk, supermarket, grocessary store, restaurants and cafés. The Russian ice cream industries were facing lot of completion and global pressure to meet up with the benchmarking that the American franchise Haagen- Dazs and Baskin & Robbins has set.... [tags: Ice cream, Marketing, Brand, Soviet Union]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Ice-Fili and the Russian Ice-Cream Market The Russian Ice Cream market is worth $ 500 million, with Ice Fili as the market leader. The industry concentration, determined by the market share of the four largest firms in a sector is low for Russian ice-cream industry. It indicates that the industry is highly fragmented and competitive. The industry has experienced a low growth rate of ~ 3.5 % for the last two years and the other factors influencing the overall market size, like the population and the per capita consumption of ice cream have been stagnant over the years.... [tags: Ice Cream Industry Market Russia business]
1747 words (5 pages)
- The Shadow “The Tragedy of Macbeth”, written by William Shakespeare, gives the reader an impact of the horror at the darkness in humans. In the story, the most dominant literary element is the theme. The theme brings out the impact of horror, while the other literary elements support it. One of the most evident quotes that made me think of the horror of darkness in humans was said by Macbeth, “Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires…” This quote showed that Macbeth was heavily influenced by his ambitions.... [tags: essays research papers]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- Wallace Stevens's "The Emperor of Ice-Cream" "The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream," Wallace Steven's writes in his poem "The Emperor of Ice-Cream" (8). This line proclaiming the ice-cream maker as important as an emperor is used metaphorically to describe the selfishness of human nature. One the surface, the poem is about the wake of a poor, old woman. However, if the metaphors and symbols of the poem are examined, the poem's deeper message becomes apparent. The attenders of the wake, who represent human nature, are uninterested in the dead woman; they are only concerned with their own wants - eating ice-cream.... [tags: Stevens Ice Cream]
960 words (2.7 pages)