Myers Briggs Personality type can give you insight on how you view your everyday life. I was skeptical when I was taking the test. I was like there’s no way this test can accurately know my type. I was pretty surprised to find it was pretty dead on. I never though of myself as being an introvert, judging and feeling yes! I know I do a lot of things based on my feelings and at times im quick to judge before knowing all the facts or information.
My virtual team members and myself all share mostly the same types. Some of the differences can work toward making us a better and more focused team by using the strengths and weaknesses of each type. Understanding how the different aspects of each personality can work together makes a better team.
Below is a summary of all of my group members MTBI personalities. For the most part our group shares a lot of the same traits. By us having different types we are able to see ways of doing things in a different perspective. While the others mig...
... middle of paper ...
From all the readings I have looked at from this assignment I found this to be the most helpful. It also made it easier for me to understand what I was looking at.
“Favorite world: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or on your own inner world? This is called Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).
Information: Do you prefer to focus on the basic information you take in or do you prefer to interpret and add meaning? This is called Sensing (S) or Intuition (N).
Decisions: When making decisions, do you prefer to first look at logic and consistency or first look at the people and special circumstances? This is called Thinking (T) or Feeling (F).
Structure: In dealing with the outside world, do you prefer to get things decided or do you prefer to stay open to new information and options? This is called Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).” (The Myers & Briggs Foundation)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How many of you remember what the Myers-Briggs personality assessment is. (pause) It was one of the assessments we took back in September as part of this class. The results of the assessment are 4 letters that explain parts of your personality. How many of you remember what your personality type is. Today, I am going to give you an overview of the specific types and the benefits of understanding your own type. According to the official Myers-brigs website MBTIonline.com, published by CPPinc. 2016, Swiss psychologist Carl Jung first developed the idea of personality types.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- MYERS-BRIGGS TYPE INDICATOR Personality is defined as a combination of characteristics or qualities that make up an individual’s character. There are tests that can help one decode their personality and understand their quality of what it means to be a person. The Myers-Brigg Type Indicator and the Big Five or Five Factor Model ate such tools. The Myers-Brigg Type Indicator is a psychological self-assessment which provides some insight to the takers personality. Although it can be a tool used for career planning and leadership development, the Myers-Brigg Type Indicator is better classified as a personality test that depending on the results of the assessment can help one with their decisio... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- According to the Myers-Briggs Type indicator my personality type is an ISFJ. My personal results from the Myers-Briggs Type indicator show that I am 75% introverted, 62% sensing/observant, 82% feeling and 75% judging. As an introvert I prefer to direct my energy toward my inner world and reflect on my own ideas. I am also energized by reflecting on my ideas and experiences (Myers-Briggs, 1993). Characteristics of this trait could be receiving, contained, intimate, reflective and quiet. One of the strengths of being an introverted ISFJ is that I find ways of deeply connecting with people.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- MBTI Assessment: Upon taking the Myers-Briggs assessment, I received the type ISFJ, which means I am Introvert (50%), sensing (1%), feeling (47%) and judging (28%). I in most ways agree with this test. I have done some research on ISFJ in the past because I have taken this test before and already knew my type. ISFJ’s are very giving, love to serve others, they have a need to be needed and this describes me completely. They are defenders or nurtures and have a tendency to be introverts. ISFJ’s live in a world of kindness.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Personality describes a person’s character, and explained by Funder, it is a combination of thought, emotion, behavior, and the psychological mechanisms behind those patterns. [Type theory… Trait theory definition… will add more to intro] The Big Five Inventory test was composed of 44 questions, each on an agreeable scale of 1 to 5. These questions were then organized into 5 categories, each generating a corresponding number. The broader five categories are Extraversion, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Neuroticism, and Openness.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- The Myers-Briggs Type indicator is an instrument designed to measure the elements of Jungian personality theory and makes the theory of psychological type both understandable and highly practical by helping individuals identify their preferences in four areas. According to the MBTI, I have a moderate preference for Introversion, a clear preference for Sensing, a slight preference for Feeling, and a clear preference for Judging (ISFJ). In general, ISFJs are sympathetic, loyal, considerate, conscientious, and will go through any amount of trouble to help those in need (Hirsh&Kummerow,1989).... [tags: Personality psychology]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- The Myers-Biggs Personality Type Indicator is known as one of the world’s most popular personality type assessments. The Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is a self-inventory designed to identify a person 's personality type, strengths, and preferences (psycology.about.com). This inventory of personality types is used as tool by those who seek to distinguish and understand their unique personalities, including their strengths, weakness, etc. The results of my Myers-Briggs Type indicator test described me as an ISFJ.... [tags: Personality psychology]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Leadership. Most people think of it as one person who has the loudest voice and leads everyone to a common goal (as seen during a Google image search for “leadership”). Northouse describes a leader as someone who “may have a high profile or a low profile, but in every situation there are leadership demands placed on the individual who is the leader. Being a leader is challenging, exciting, and rewarding, and carries with it many responsibilities (pg. 1).” The common dictionary defines a leader as “the action of leading a group of people or an organization” and a leader as “the person who leads or commands a group, organization, or country.” There are many connotations leadership gives off... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- Personality Project Reflection The Myers Briggs personality test to my sister, Karli Brewington. Karli Brewington is a ninth grader at Rock Hill High School in high academic achieving honors classes. Her rigorous class load and reading comprehension allowed her to understand a large majority of the questions on this test. Her results came back as ENFP ( E: extroverted, N: intuitive, F: feeling, and P: perception). This feedback is actually quite accurate for my sister. She is very curious and observant.... [tags: Personality psychology]
707 words (2 pages)
- There are an endless amount of careers to choose from and figuring out which career path to take is not always easy. There is a lot that goes into figuring out which career is the best fit for you. Just like writing a research paper, there is a lot of planning and research that goes into making sure you acquire the most accurate information as possible and learn as much as you can about that area of interest. According to Prout (2015a), research is necessary to get a general idea about the job you will be doing such as job duties, job qualifications, the type of working environment it is and related occupations (p.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1780 words (5.1 pages)