Linda, my best friend's mom had asked me if I would want to go with their family to Florida. When she asked me I thought she was kidding, but when she said, "I need to know because if you are I need to get you a airplane ticket," I knew she was serious. I was so excited I could have kissed her. I was going to Florida with my best friend, Lisa, and her family. The people from Lisa's family that were going were Tina, Randy, Ashley, and Linda. Tina is Lis'?s sister, Randy is Tina?s husband and Ashley is Tina?s daughter. Linda is Lisa?s mom and she was the only one out of all Lisa?s family I knew.
Going on a trip packing is defiantly a priority. The whole week before the trip I had began packing. I didn?t realize how many things I was going to need until I started packing. I packed two suit cases full of clothes, but I figured I?d rather have more clothes because you never know what the weather will be like. I packed cards, connect four, guess who, I pod, and food so we wouldn't be bored on the flight. When I was done packing my mom asked ? Are you moving out??
The night before leaving I couldn't sleep. When I woke up that morning it was a beautiful spring day. The sun was shining brightly, and the clouds in the sky looked like giant marshmallows. I was so excited because this was my first time going on a vacation. I had already put my suitcases and bags in my car the night before. After I said my goodbyes to my family, I was on my way. I met with Lisa a...
... middle of paper ...
...icking because we didn?t want to miss our flight. Randy called the company where he had rented the van from and they came to pick us up. We made it to the airport just in time because when we walked in the airport they called our flight. This made us very relieved. The flight home went just as well as the flight there except this time I didn't have the butterflies.
Overall going on a vacation is something I want to do more in the future. I learned many things from this vacation such as even though you go with some people you don't know as well, you get to know them and by the end of the vacation it's like you have known them your whole life. This vacation brought my friend Lisa and I closer because we experienced things together. Going on a vacation with someone makes your relationship stronger and you find out many different likes and dislikes about each other.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When I was ten years old my Father took me to Universal Studios in Orlando Florida during summer vacation. It is one of the most memorable experiences of my life. It was my first time on an airplane, so I was a little nervous. It felt like forever while we sat in the plane waiting to take off. Finally, I heard the pilot say “prepare for take off.” I’ll admit I was a little scared, but as the plane lifted off the runway, I was ok. The plane ride there was three hours long. It was a little bumpy, but other then that, everything went well.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
656 words (1.9 pages)
- My favorite summer vacation was when my Father took me to Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. What made it even more memorable was the fact that it was my very first time on an airplane. I cannot recall another time in my life when I experienced so much joy. That trip to Universal Studios was the first time my Father and I actually did something together, just the two of us and was something brought me close to my Father. In this essay I will tell you about my plane ride over there, what I did right when I got there, and about my time at Universal Studios.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)
- Vacation Rental Villa in Jamaica How would you go about finding the perfect Vacation rental Villa in Jamaica. Who would not want to have their very own private getaway in Jamaica. Finding the perfect Vacation rental Villa in Jamaica can make all the difference in the world. Get service like a VIP and Jamaican vacation truly unforgettable. Are you are looking for a change from the standard attention of hotel servers or maybe a decent pool area servers that takes as special interest in keeping you hydrated.... [tags: expense, budget, prices]
623 words (1.8 pages)
- Typically when you hear about family vacations, you hear stories of laughter and family bonding. However, my experience was not as such. My family vacation was of horror and tragedy. The story begins, in the summer of 2013, when my family, friend, and I decided to go to Sarasota, Florida for a vacation. We had planned on spending five days in Florida and then to take a trip on a cruise for three days. The smell of morning air seemed to carry an aroma of clean linen as the sunrise glinted off of the dew and the greenery warmth of the day.... [tags: Mother, Father, Family]
1588 words (4.5 pages)
- Disney World is a magical and fun place for a family of four. The sound of excitement filling the air, kids jumping and dancing around waiting to start their day at Disney. But as we know going to Disney is not as easy as it sounds. You need to budget your way to get to Disney World. Saving and planning is your first priority. How are you going to get there and where are you going to stay when you get down to Florida. Most important of all, well to the kids, the Disney Park, and which ones to go to.... [tags: Disney World]
2115 words (6 pages)
- It was summer and I was in my room playing games and then my parents came home and yelled “kids come down stairs we have exciting news for you.” My siblings and I came down stairs and heard the news that we're going on a vacation to Florida. I was excited at first because I had never been to Florida,but when I heard that we're going by plane I started to get a little nervous because I'm afraid of heights, and I had never been on an airplane. Later that day we started to pack our luggage and put into the car for tomorrow.... [tags: personal narrative]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- As a young student in India, every June, the first day of school, I was asked to write an essay that was always titled: "How I spent my summer vacation". "And make it interesting," my teachers would advise. I assumed that mere recountings of my days spent reading Nancy Drews would not qualify as "interesting". Neither would my detailed accounts of making paper straws and trying to blow bubbles with glycerin solution. So I always made something uplike visits to fairly exotic locales like Poona. I made sure the locales were not very exotic (very tempted to write the Himalayas once) or else the teacher would smell a rat.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- A few summers ago, my family and I took a vacation to Niagara Falls, Canada. We had planned this week long vacation for several months in advance. It had been arranged so that we could visit relatives who live in the area. The morning we were to leave for our trip was very sunny so I woke up a few hours early from the light shining through my window. So, I used this extra time to finish packing my belongings that I had forgotten to pack the night before. We left around 9:30 on a warm, July Monday morning.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
464 words (1.3 pages)
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation My boyfriend, Greg and I felt it would be a great opportunity to spend some quality time with our friends. We were going on a three day camping trip with long time friends, another couple, Chris and Heather. Chris is the go-with-the-flow type of guy but only if Heather allows him to do so. Heather is a very kind person who looks out for others. She just crosses that line of being concerned to being motherlike. See we spend a lot of time with them, but it's like other people's children, you can go home and leave them, this time we couldn't.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- How to Train a Horse
- Personal Narrative: When I got my driver's license
- Water Conservation and the Drought in America
- Gender in Society as portrayed in Mary Wollstonecraft's A Vindication of the Right Woman and D.H. Lawrence's Give Her a Pattern
- Envy and Beauty in Snow White
- Michael Jordan is an American Icon