The primary task of accountants, which extends to all the others, is to prepare and examine financial records. They make sure that records are accurate and that taxes are paid properly and on time. Accountants and auditors perform overviews of the financial operations of a business in order to help it run efficiently. As an accountant, you must have an acquired set of skills that may include; Teamwork, accounting is a team-oriented career; many junior accountants start as members of a team responsible for performing an audit or preparing financial statements. Learning to coordinate and communicate with team members is a key skill in accounting. Another hands on skill may be that ...
... middle of paper ...
...According to Stein, it takes an additional six months to a year to study and pass all four parts of the exam. And while becoming an elite CPA will open many doors for your career, the path to getting certified is a challenging one. The exam is tough, the passing rate is around 50 percent, according to the American Institute of CPAs, though the respect, security and 10 percent pay increase are all the more incentive to achieving this career milestone.”
Many sources have shared with me that the road to becoming a Certified Public Accountant is a rough patch, I always welcome a challenge. Although not all accountants are certified CPA’s, there are many more opportunities available while pursuing this selected career so you are not just limited to one job. I still have my mind set on pursuing this career because I always welcome a challenge, and it is what I want to do.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mathematics Education in America: A Troubled System in Need of Change On a trip to Fidler concrete in Goshen, Indiana, a man ordered forty feet of rebar for home use. When he went to pick up the rebar, the adult employee in charge asked the man what size pieces he would like. The man asked for six-foot sections. The employee furrowed his brow and said, “Now, if it were five foot sections, that would be ten of them for forty feet, right?” The man replied, “No, ten of the five footers would be fifty feet.” The employee pondered that and said, “So in the six-footers…Ah, I’ll just give you twelve.... [tags: Education Math Learning Essays]
2469 words (7.1 pages)
- Over the past decades, the world has gradually become globalized as a result of the tremendous strides made in the area of information communication and technology (ICT). Today individuals can share or exchange information, ideas as well as transact business activities irrespective of the geographical distance between them. Similarly, migration has increased exponentially over the past decades largely driven by socio-economic as well as political factors. A case in point is the ongoing massive migration of people from war torn Middle Eastern countries such as Syria moving into Europe.... [tags: Culture, Education, Mathematics, Multiculturalism]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
The Effects Of Expressive Writing On Performance On Math Testing Done By Students Showing Signs Of Math Anxiety
- Daeum Park, Sian L. Beilock and Gerardo Ramirez, from the Universities of Chicago and California, in 2014, published their researched work in the Journal of Experimental Psychology, about experiments that were conducted to determine the effects of expressive writing on performance on math-testing done by students showing signs of math anxiety. Many students perform poorly on math tests as a result of high math anxiety (Park, 2014). These individuals with High Math Anxiety (HMA), are usually the ones who receive lower grades than their Low Math Anxiety (LMA) peers, in math from elementary school all throughout their educational careers (Park, 2014).... [tags: Mathematics, Problem solving, Anxiety, Better]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Yihao Hu Statement of Background & Goals John Hopkins University Department of Applied Mathematics & Statistics Degree Objective: Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics In the realm of mathematics and applied mathematics, I am especially interested in numerical methods for partial differential equations, fluid dynamics, dynamical systems, scientific computing and Optimization. The magic of mathematics that attracts me most is solving the most sophisticated problems in the real world through different applied methods which are based on the rigorous theoretical analysis.... [tags: Mathematics, Applied mathematics]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Interview Reflection Mathematics has the status of being extremely difficult and challenging. This has contributed to scaring people away from the beginning. Learning mathematics requires work and dedication. Any rewards are not given out right away unless you have spent the time and required effort to learn its rules and language. If not, those rewards will keep running away from you. I like to think of mathematics as its own language; studying the grammar can be monotonous and repetitive, but it is important to use it in whichever way we may need to.... [tags: Mathematics, Applied mathematics, Computer science]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- S. Gudder once wisely stated, “The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple.” Many people have different views of mathematics and the role it plays in their life. There are some students who believe that learning mathematics is useless and is not a necessity for their major, and there are others who find math, arithmetic, and numbers easier to process. I find Gudder’s thoughts to be true based on my upbringings and recent experience in my Math 110 course.... [tags: Mathematics, Algebra, Pythagorean theorem]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Abstract. This paper presents a result of preliminary study conducted to measure Mathematics students' perceptions towards programming, and the activities of programming in general. Sample group were students who were currently pursuing their second year degree in Mathematics with Computer Graphics (MCG) programme, who took Computer Interface Programming (CIP) course during their first semester in their current academic year. The study was conducted after a realisation that the students were reluctant in attempting programming problems in their coursework that caused a large drop in their assessments marks.... [tags: Mathematics ]
2080 words (5.9 pages)
- 24 lack prior knowledge , which can lead students to feel behi nd in the ir current class. Fourth, when students are not asking questions , they must have a reason for doing so. Whether it i s due to intimidation, shyness, or just being uncomfortable in class, not asking questions hinder s students from completely under standing mathematics concepts. Lastly, struggle s seemed to occur as a result of students not paying attention. Whether this distraction is due to a diagnosed attention disorder or just trouble paying attention, distracted students often miss steps, tire easily, and los e their place when working through mathematics problems.... [tags: Anxiety, Mathematics, Student, Education, Fear]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Mathematics is an arduous journey. It is cruel and exhausting. Mathematics, by its very nature, threw me hard problems that stressed me out. I would spend hours, days, even months solving one. For example, I spent two weeks teaching myself the computing program—Mathematica, because I was curious to see the accurate phase portraits after I learned the techniques that enabled me to sketch phase portraits in my Ordinary Differential Equation class. Nevertheless, sometimes I could not find any solution even though I had worked on it for a long time.... [tags: Mathematics, Applied mathematics]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- Yihao Hu Statement of Background & Goals Emory University Department of Mathematics and Computer Science Degree Objective: Ph.D. in ComputationalMathematics In the realm of mathematics and applied mathematics, I am especially interested in numerical methods for partial differential equations, fluid dynamics, dynamical systems, scientific computing and Optimization. The magic of mathematics that attracts me most is solving the most sophisticated problems in the real world through different applied methods which are based on the rigorous theoretical analysis.... [tags: Mathematics, Applied mathematics]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- The Death Penalty Should Be Abolished
- The Common Core State Standards
- Hong Kong 's Political Issues And Government 's Policies Affected The Construction Of Local And National Identity
- The Night Of The Long Knives, The Reichstag Fire, And The Blomberg Fritsch Affair
- Infidelity : What Determines Infidelity Intentions?
- The Chinese Revolution Of 1949