Showing up, a few minutes late for the last day of summer school because I know this was my life, this result is going to tell me if I go to high school or not. Standing a block away from my middle school, MS145, seeing everyone that had attended to summer school was standing outside talking to one another. While standing a block away, breathing heavily, my heart pumping 100 miles per hours, and panicking as if the world is going to end for me if. Within a few minutes of standing, I ended up walking to the school. While walking to the school I spotted my friends at a distance and had gone to they. When I meet up with my friends they told me that, they had already gotten their results from summer school. As they were getting their results, they over heard a the principle and a few other teacher mansion my name and how he did not pass the test, so in short he failed summer school and going to repeat the 8th grade. When they told me this my heart skipped a beat but remember that they was another Eric but spelled Erik. Once I heard this, I had to find out, were they talking about me. SO I just told my friends I been back I’m going to find out my test results.
Walking my way to the main entra...
... middle of paper ...
...ut it. In school, people will look at me and ask what is wrong or why the change in emotion. I would just tell them to leave me alone or “fuck off.”
When my mom and I finally left the meeting and told what is going to happen such as, repeat the 8th grade. We went home, this is where I get another speech from my mom and sister about why they believe I get left back. The divorce between my mom and dad. But, how I was very close to my dad and now that he is not in the picture I am change and not wanting to thing done. However, my mom called him and told him what had happen. This get me even mad because the main reason why I get life back was going I have a learning disability which is dyslexia. Dyslexia is having a problem read and writing so English class will come very hard for me. In addition, being a formal ESL (English as a Second Language) also goes in to account.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Having spent the better part of six summers hiking, cooking, orienteering, and practicing archery on the trails of Huddart Park, California, summer camp became a very precious time of my life. When I entered high school, I began working as a Unit Aide at my camp which meant I had the privilege to now teach young girls a whole slew of tasks such as survival skills, first aid, and knife skills. While attending Woodside Priory High School, I heard about similar activities such as archery and overnights that Mountain Camp counselors hosted.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Camping, Summer camp]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Eternal Journey After the dog days of summer, it was finally the first day of school. I was super excited about being a fourth grade student. One of the biggest reasons for this excitement was being able to take an English course for the first time. My cousin, Mehmet, was an English teacher and he taught me some basic words and forms of English during the summer, so I was feeling ready to learn English at school. I was surprised when I saw Mr. Tayfun in our class, because he was our math teacher and it was supposed to be English class.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, United Kingdom]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Summer break is the time to learn new things and experience life. If summer break were taken away from hard working students they would have less family time. Parents are able to take more time off work during the summer to go on vacations with their kids or just to spend time with them. If summer break were taken away from kids, they would not get as much time with their family and that could lead to depression. Summer break is the time for students to experience life and develop new skills that are not taught in schools.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, Summer vacation]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Firstly I wish I would of known to check my schedule on the first day of school I printed my schedule weeks before in the summer I had already planned out where to go and got familiar with the buildings when I arrived I found out my classes had been moved to building I had never heard of it. With my phone not getting reception I had no Idea where to go or if the teacher was even there luckily other students in the class were able to found the class room but if I had check that day I could have avoided the confusion.... [tags: Credit history, Credit card, High school]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- The phone rang from the other side of the room; I ran to the sound of it, thinking it was my mom calling to see how my first day of summer vacation was going. I was about to be a sophomore in high school. I picked up the home phone and said, “hello?” Instantly when I heard the voice on the other end, my stomach dropped. Sweat began to build on my pale forehead. While on the phone I ran into my old sister’s room to wake her from her nap. She was a typical senior in high school that slept all day.... [tags: Family, Parent, Thought, Mobile phone]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- The gorgeousness of summertime is best enjoyed with a juicy watermelon. Nothing can quite capture the spirit of this season. It is a time when most cherish every hour and every day. The season comes and goes faster then any other, and a new school year is followed shortly after. In this poem, the author uses adjectives to explain the significance of both the season and the luscious fruit that is being enjoyed. In a less clear way, the happiness associated with being young is also expressed. Clearly the focus is on the carefree nature of the season itself.... [tags: Poetic Themes]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Would you consider going to a school where you learn year-round. Maybe this would be your ideal school, but, when would you get to have some time to go to summer camp, or get a summer job, or play a sport with games during the day. Schools with the traditional schedule may actually be a better choice, and not just because kids love summer break. Schools should have a traditional school year schedule instead of a year round schedule because there isn’t a significant difference between the students’ performance, and year round schedules make planning family vacations hard, make the teachers’ job more difficult, and are more expensive.... [tags: better choice, traditional schedule, summer job]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- The alarm clock buzzed loudly beside my ear. Feeling like a gong that was being hit repeatedly was placed right beside my head. I sluggishly pulled myself out of my bed and dragged myself to my closet. The words, first day of school moaned ghastly in my head. Summer was uneventful and school was just going to be hell. I picked out an old, worn out flannel and a pair of jeans to wear. Not rushing at all, I struggled to put the raggedy clothes on. They smelt like horrendous lies and rumors. Exactly what this state and my school are built on.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Being the average high school student, I always wanted to succeed. Failure was not an option in anything I did. It was just how my mom raised me, to be just like her. My mom would always say, failure will never overtake if my desire to succeed is strong. During my senior year of high school, I decided to challenge myself by taking my first AP class, AP Literature. Albeit, I completely dislike literature, but I wanted to push my boundaries. I dislike literature because of the reading of sophisticated novels and sometimes I didn’t understand as well as the other students in the class, but I wasn’t going to let that deter me.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College, Education]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- As I walked through the doors of the Little Falls Community High School on my first day of school I was overwhelmed with emotions. Part of me was scared, as I was again the younger class, while another part of me was excited to start a new chapter in my life. I walked in to see my older brother, a link leader at the time and in his words "Mrs. Gwost 's favorite student", and my fears where soon calmed. They were however replaced by the embarrassment that was my brother. He was the spokesman link leader and he let everyone know that I was his little brother.... [tags: High school, Emotion, Golf, Love]
1294 words (3.7 pages)